• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 RWC] Semi Final 2: Australia vs. Argentina (25/10/2015)

I just can't see Australia winning this. This will be, by far, their biggest challenge of this tournament so far and look how they've performed against average teams - not great.

Wouldn't it be amazing if Argentina makes it ? Would be unbelievable not only for World Rugby, but would give them a massive boost for the upcoming Super Rugby tournament.

ABs vs Argies final would be incredible. Imagine an Argentinian response to the haka in an RWC final! That would be insane.

So so impressed with these Argentinians. A lack of discipline seems to be bubbling under the surface but apart from that they've been near faultless.

- - - Updated - - -

I just can't see Australia winning this. This will be, by far, their biggest challenge of this tournament so far and look how they've performed against average teams - not great.

They may be totally different with Pocock though. A hiding is definitely on the cards with the form these Argies are in.

But to be fair, you find it nigh on impossible to countenance the possibility of Australia even winning the games it has already won this year :p

But to be fair, you find it nigh on impossible to countenance the possibility of Australia even winning the games it has already won this year :p

Not really... mostly The Wallabies have either been exceptionally lucky or have met weakened teams (this RWC). They are yet to meet a team that is capable and on-song.

Not really... mostly The Wallabies have either been exceptionally lucky or have met weakened teams (this RWC). They are yet to meet a team that is capable and on-song.

Well they've played 10 tests this year and from memory I'm pretty sure you've tipped against us every time - even against these "weakened team" (who was England missing btw?). If I didn't know better I'd guess you had a something of a dislike for them

All credibility lost with that statement there mate. Whatever odd logic you have used to come up with this could probably be applied to the all blacks or any team. You're either trolling or unable to be objective in this case

All credibility lost with that statement there mate. Whatever odd logic you have used to come up with this could probably be applied to the all blacks or any team. You're either trolling or unable to be objective in this case

I wouldn't take KeyboardWorrier too seriously mate - I get the sense he is very much looking for a rise out of Aussie fans.

Pocock still considered only a 50-50 chance from what I hear

If Pocock is out would you hope for Hooper McMahon?
Fardy looked half the player he has been without pooper. He's been very impressive while playing with those two.

Last edited:
As I pointed out before, the biggest thing going against us (The Pumas) is the lack of veterancy of most young players. Herrera's yellow card (and near-red) show this perfectly. Sure, the RC has bumped up our physicality and speed by geometric proportions, but we still lack that focused mentality that will let us control the pace and not give away incredibly childish penalties. That's in my honest opinion what we have to work on. If we shore that up, we can give the Wallabies a run for their money.

And if the unspeakable happens, I will go on a whole-week bender (my wife already gave me pre-emptive permission if it happens. :D )

I wouldn't take KeyboardWorrier too seriously mate - I get the sense he is very much looking for a rise out of Aussie fans.

Nope, I'm not. I just saying what you don't want to hear. In this RWC (Fiji excluded, decent team there) who have Australia defeated? A poor English team, a Welsh side that was plagued by injury and the Scots. People say The Wallabies have beaten decent teams this RWC and I say no they haven't. Each time Australia has met these 'decent teams', it's either when they're just naturally given favour (Hosts), considerably weakened (Wales) or controversially beat the Scots by 1pt.

I'm truly not trying to be a dick here. It's not like NZ beat a full strength French side for example.

As I pointed out before, the biggest thing going against us (The Pumas) is the lack of veterancy of most young players. Herrera's yellow card (and near-red) show this perfectly. Sure, the RC has bumped up our physicality and speed by geometric proportions, but we still lack that focused mentality that will let us control the pace and not give away incredibly childish penalties. That's in my honest opinion what we have to work on. If we shore that up, we can give the Wallabies a run for their money.

And if the unspeakable happens, I will go on a whole-week bender (my wife already gave me pre-emptive permission if it happens. :D )

Did your wife teach you pre-emptive English as well? Well done old chap

Nope, I'm not. I just saying what you don't want to hear. In this RWC (Fiji excluded, decent team there) who have Australia defeated? A poor English team, a Welsh side that was plagued by injury and the Scots. People say The Wallabies have beaten decent teams this RWC and I say no they haven't. Each time Australia has met these 'decent teams', it's either when they're just naturally given favour (Hosts), considerably weakened (Wales) or controversially beat the Scots by 1pt.

I'm truly not trying to be a dick here. It's not like NZ beat a full strength French side for example.
Nah the french were just to busy eating each other alive to play rugby.

True about Herrera apart from his yellow though he was a absolute weapon and would swap him any day for Franks. Sometimes to it seems the pumas get a bit excited when they get into space(not in the weekend but during previous RCs) they don't seem to have as much time on the ball as the ABs or the wobs and often push passes that are not on.
Have faith in your team bro anything but a World Cup in your trophy cabinet is a failure for any if the 4 remaining teams because they can all win it from here.

Did your wife teach you pre-emptive English as well? Well done old chap

I don't know whether to take that as a compliment or a jab at my language skills. :p How'se your Spanish? xD

True about Herrera apart from his yellow though he was a absolute weapon and would swap him any day for Franks. Sometimes to it seems the pumas get a bit excited when they get into space(not in the weekend but during previous RCs) they don't seem to have as much time on the ball as the ABs or the wobs and often push passes that are not on.
Have faith in your team bro anything but a World Cup in your trophy cabinet is a failure for any if the 4 remaining teams because they can all win it from here.

The excitement you talk about used to be when we veered from our traditional NH-style play. Thanks to the RC we're now more confident in the wide and are hungry for more.

Problem is that as an Argentine sports fan, we fall into two vastly opposing categories: the ever-cheerful optimist and the jaded realist who can never enjoy himself. I used to be the former, but now I'm the latter (you can thank our national football team for that).

Sure sure, so in you're view Fiji are a decent side, but England and Wales aren't? So how did Fiji manage to lose their games to England and Wales if they were the only "decent" side in the group?

I'll give you credit mate, you are pretty funny.

- - - Updated - - -

If Pocock is out would you hope for Hooper McMahon?
Fardy looked half the player he has been without pooper. He's been very impressive while playing with those two.
Probably Hooper to be honest... not as strong over the ball, but plays the game at pace and is a brilliant defender. We'll need both those attributes this weekend.

Sure sure, so in you're view Fiji are a decent side, but England and Wales aren't? So how did Fiji manage to lose their games to England and Wales if they were the only "decent" side in the group?

I'll give you credit mate, you are pretty funny.

Decent is perhaps the wrong word - 'as strong as they usually are' would have been more appropriate.

- - - Updated - - -

Probably Hooper to be honest... not as strong over the ball, but plays the game at pace and is a brilliant defender. We'll need both those attributes this weekend.

Sorry man I worded it wrong would you opt for hooper/mccalmen/fardy or hooper/McMahon/fardy hooper being in the team is a no question.

Sorry man I worded it wrong would you opt for hooper/mccalmen/fardy or hooper/McMahon/fardy hooper being in the team is a no question.
Yeah, thought it was a bit funny with Pocock playing 8 lol. I'd prefer to go with McMahon - young but abrasive and energetic. Like his style

hi, i'm the one who wrote on the previous thread about Sánchez. Yes, I heard of it from the espn commentators too. They showed the play, it was ruck (in the first half I think), Sánchez was trying to get ball and he seemed to be punching like crazy some irish player who was inside the ruck. The camera angle they were showing wasn't very clear though...

I guess nothing happened then. Good for us.

Someone posted the link, but camera angle doesn't make it clear as to who he's punching.

Doesn't look like anyone has been cited, so you're good to go :)

Latest posts