• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 Six Nations] Scotland vs Ireland (Round 5)

This just taught us that we can play a different game and score tries.

Did you though?

In the first half it was just "harem scarem" and surely not to plan!! Then Schmidt calmed them down at half time and they retreated to their territory tight game that has been their hallmark!!

Edit..............Scotland have a reasonable attacking side but they have to adopt the Alex Ferguson "United approach" of just scoring more points than the opposition because, like United, they have a very porous defence!! In one way that is a plus for any coach as surely the defence is easier to fix than finding attackers.....just het any defence coach from League?!!!

Last edited:
But what point giving him 23 when that was what was required today. I think when Murray is fit and functioning he won't trust Murray.

That's the big question everyone's been asking about Jones.

He'll bring Reddan on with 15-10 left most times. Very rarely do 9's play the full match now.

...having just seen Ireland so clinical away from home it makes us look pretty poor.

This. A million times this. England could've been 21 points closer to Ireland today had they just executed on half of their opportunities.

Doesn't bode well for a close pool in the world cup either.

The best attacking half of rugby I have seen.

Well played Ireland well played
;)

To all the Welsh fans

371.jpg

Did you though?

In the first half it was just "harem scarem" and surely not to plan!! Then Schmidt calmed them down at half time and they retreated to their territory tight game that has been their hallmark!!

Edit..............Scotland have a reasonable attacking side but they have to adopt the Alex Ferguson "United approach" of just scoring more points than the opposition because, like United, they have a very porous defence!! In one way that is a plus for any coach as surely the defence is easier to fix than finding attackers.....just het any defence coach from League?!!!

Yes we did play a different game. We didn't kick half as much as we have been doing. Passes were quicker, we went wide. Different game.

I'm pretty sure we showed last week that we can play more of a running game. We made loads of metres and only kicked around 11 times. We just weren't clinical (brought on somewhat by great goaline defense).

Haha, good to see so many humble Irish folk celebrating their win ;)

Fantastic performance from Ireland and a fantastic way to potentially take the ***le (I know where my money is).

I wouldn't go too wild about the Irish attack just yet as that was a diabolical performance from Scotland. This result completed their embarrassment and they get a well deserved wooden spoon.

Haha, good to see so many humble Irish folk celebrating their win ;)

Fantastic performance from Ireland and a fantastic way to potentially take the ***le (I know where my money is).

I wouldn't go too wild about the Irish attack just yet as that was a diabolical performance from Scotland. This result completed their embarrassment and they get a well deserved wooden spoon.

Agreed that Italy and Scotland are terrible but while we didn't tear it up to say we certainly showed a plan b and variety.

Here's hoping that next time we have the tournament decided straight after the games, so I don't have to be treated to Ireland in their intimidatingly well-tailored suits...

Latest posts