• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 Six Nations] Wales vs Ireland (Round 4)

Great game of rugby.

That is a MASSSIVE win for Wales. Ireland had not lost for 10 games and were favourites for the game and the tournament. Wales were organised, the defence stayed strong and the set piece was actually very good at times. Despite 2 yellow cards and an endless number of phases they held out. It's massive against such a talented and form team.

After we all praised Barnes he had some shocking decisions at the end...

Jiffy a little one eyed in MoM considering Warburton'ss yellow felt PC deserved it.

Have to say pre match I couldn't see past Ireland was completely wrong there.

Excellent match of Rugby!

And wooooo England can still win it! ;)

Ireland's worst lineout performance in 15 years supposedly. Says enough really

Well deserved Wales. Poor game by Johnny Sexton, poor line out, poor usage of clear advantage in the scrum, poor execution. Wales deserved the win. Fair play.

Yeah..

I actually think that Barnes has been good, and the first 10 minutes were him trying to set out his 'vision' for the game, in which he was almost certainly too harsh...

...you don't see the connection between him being "too harsh" and the following 70mins?

Regardless of the rest of his game - he was very good at the breakdown (aside from the penalty at the end of the 30 phase set, which looked a bit random from memory)

Welsh defence was something to behold today. Congrats Wales. Incredibly disappointed in our performance. We made it more difficult than it had to be. Errors, penalties and clueless out wide. We'll need a huge performance next week.

Suck it up! Irish lost because they were not good enough butblame the ref if you want! Playing like that it would be a disgrace if they had had a Grand Slam. They are still my favourites for the Championship but England could do well with the odd 50 past the Scots today!!

Congrats Wales, I said they needed to play out of there skin to win and they definitely did it. Lack of clinical finishing in the provinces is clearly leaking into the Ireland side.

Worst Sexton performance for 15 months, regroup, get the championship and make it up with a RWC final.

Let the moaning about the ref commence.....
There's a difference between moaning and airing a valid and accurate grievance. Time and time again there were utterly baffling calls made.
As someone who prides themselves on understanding and being competent at application of the breakdown I can safely say he was utterly , utterly pathetic.

Well deserved Wales. Poor game by Johnny Sexton, poor line out, poor usage of clear advantage in the scrum, poor execution. Wales deserved the win. Fair play.

Irish fans blaming the ref need to get a grip. Barnes had a few dodgy calls but Wales were the better team. They would've won anyway. With a line out likes ours at this level we didn't deserve the win. We should've kicked. Wales beat us at our own game. No excuses.

Poor option taking. Poor game management. Slow start. Shocking lineout. Blunders when in good positions.

Well done Wales and Gatland!

So now we have to hope England don't beat Scotland and France at home for a combination of 12 points more than us. And Wales don't do a job on Italy. We aren't guaranteed to win against Scotland either. Some finish regardess.

Latest posts