• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 TRC] Australia v New Zealand in Sydney (08/08/2015)

So how many points do the Saffas need to win by for them to come second? :/
Edit: what a retard they've lost 2 haven't they *face plant

Last edited:
I'm trying to discuss the game in the relevant thread and what our problems were and you're giving me a lecture on perspectives and telling me the RWC isn't about us? It's pretty irritating.

- - - Updated - - -

And of course I'm sore the AB's lost, I love them, what sort of great revelation is that you're trying to make? You could at least explain how were weren't poor tonight, but instead gave me irrelevant rants from a perspective that I honestly don't care about at the moment, real shame, I was keen for good conversation on the points I made earlier, but got nothing in response.

Look Hansen isn't going to drop Owen Franks or Woodcock this close the RWC, especially with Faumauina injured and Crockett being a bit of a penalty magnet come scrum time. Again it's a process that the ABs will need to go through to get things right; like all other teams when they lose. it just seems churlish in the grand scheme of things. ABs were never going go through this year unbeaten. They didn't play that badly IMO today, just Wallabies were at home and wanted it more. ABs need tweaking, and for their players to find form IMO, not to tear it all up and start again, which is what you seem to be suggesting.

Look Hansen isn't going to drop Owen Franks or Woodcock this close the RWC, especially with Faumauina injured and Crockett being a bit of a penalty magnet come scrum time. Again it's a process that the ABs will need to go through to get things right; like all other teams when they lose. it just seems churlish in the grand scheme of things. ABs were never going go through this year unbeaten. They didn't play that badly IMO today, just Wallabies were at home and wanted it more. ABs need tweaking, and for their players to find form IMO, not to tear it all up and start again, which is what you seem to be suggesting.

Yeah I know he's not and that's why I'm upset and voicing serious concern. We have huge areas where we are simply just not good and we can't just brush this off as one game or "the aussies played well". We can fix these issues but we're being hard headed.

The ABs played worse than I've seen for a while and Carter in particular was very off. But all the same we seemed to have even more miss firing players; Phipps and foley were pretty awful - Phipps in particular, and yet we still managed to win.

100%

Fair play to the Wallabies, they were the better team on the night, but my God we made a LOT of mistakes, missed a LOT of first up tackles and the Wallabies capitalised (what on Earth was Aaron Smith thinking?)

I also have no serious quibbles with the refereeing of Mr Barnes other than his inadequate policing of the midfield offside line (for both teams)

However, there is one issue that really does annoy me, and that is the apparent invisibility of Horwill who seems to be allowed to hang around on the NZ side of the tackle too often; just long enough to get in Aaron Smith's way. Its a tactic I have seen the Waratahs use all season. Last year, referees were penalising this, calling it as "taking up the space" but for some reason they seem to have been ignoring it in 2015.

I think also the frustration is that we have been saying for a couple of years now that a lot of our players are past it, but 'the firm' seemed reluctant to admit this. So this isn't just a 'oh the ABs lost - they are dreadful/****' of course they arent, but this loss is the inevitable result of choosing/investing in wrong players (sbw) or continually going with old players who are past it to be 'safe.'

*edit: I don't think we have looked great for a few games and have been lucky to come away with wins tbh.

Congrats, Aussie. No.2 in the world now according to the rankings heading into the RWC even if SA dismantle Arg home and/or away because the margin is just to big for us to add anything and if NZ win at home in the return match with the assumed added 3 points Aus won't lose enough to drop below 2.

Is this true?

I think also the frustration is that we have been saying for a couple of years now that a lot of our players are past it, but 'the firm' seemed reluctant to admit this. So this isn't just a 'oh the ABs lost - they are dreadful/****' of course they arent, but this loss is the inevitable result of choosing/investing in wrong players (sbw) or continually going with old players who are past it to be 'safe.'

*edit: I don't think we have looked great for a few games and have been lucky to come away with wins tbh.

This +1

I've explained this in several different ways, yet people failed to take it in, leading to frustration and irritation and getting irrelevant lectures.

Another try! I can't believe it!!!!

3 tries in 30 minutes at Durban against the Boks!!!!!!

Nope.

1 New Zealand 92.72 (-1.61)
2 ↑ (3) Ireland 86.89 (+1.13)
3 ↑ (5) Australia 86.84 (+1.61)
4 ↓ (2) South Africa 86.37
5 ↓ (4) England 85.40
6 Wales 82.37 (-1.70)

Just shows how stupid statistics are to my mind!!

Yeah I know he's not and that's why I'm upset and voicing serious concern. We have huge areas where we are simply just not good and we can't just brush this off as one game or "the aussies played well". We can fix these issues but we're being hard headed.

Well, if we play as badly as we did in this match against Argentina in the first match of the RWC, we could come second!

23 missed tackles!! 23! That is almost a whole season's worth in one game!

Last edited:
Watched the game and Aussie deserved the win.

They played better rugby, looked more intense, defended well given our 1st half possession and just made the right choices at the right time.

In saying that it was the worst game I have seen the AB's play for so long, straight form the 1st kick we made a mistake and while we had heaps of possession we did nothing in the first half with it.

Can't say anything bad about the referring, was watching it as a 40th so didn't pay heaps of attention but it looked pretty good from The Cock.

Congrats Aussie on the winning the RC, well deserved this year.

We just need to win the next game to keep the Bledisoloe.

Yes, its not an aggregate score thing like soccer. The holder keeps the Cup if the series is drawn.

Too many years of NZ's domain then I forgot the rules. Is like the State of Origin?

To be frank I'd argue Origin is "tougher" in the sense that the teams genuinely hate each other and seem to actively want to hurt each other too. It's similarly one sided, but it's a pretty brutal contest at times.

To be frank I'd argue Origin is "tougher" in the sense that the teams genuinely hate each other and seem to actively want to hurt each other too. It's similarly one sided, but it's a pretty brutal contest at times.
League has been dead to me for a while.

Latest posts