• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2016 Olympic Games, Rio

So with those 2 medals and the Gold to be counted in sailing in about an hour we would be ahead of China on Gold, Slivers and Medal totals ATM so far.

Badminton gold likely to be added for them and I think they have 2 frontrunners in women's 3m springboard.

This will go down to the wire.

We've always got the kiwi back-up of only caring about the medals-per-capita - that'll get us ahead of China...

The French are claiming it's because our direct competitors the Russians are out. I don't know how that logic holds up as I fail to think of something single event the Russians didn't compete in that we'd have lost medals too.

- - - Updated - - -

Another gold.....okay we knew this one was coming in the 470 sailing.

The French are claiming it's because our direct competitors the Russians are out. I don't know how that logic holds up as I fail to think of something single event the Russians didn't compete in that we'd have lost medals too.

- - - Updated - - -

Another gold.....okay we knew this one was coming in the 470 sailing.

Lol typical salty French.

Like the cycling in 2012, i mean they can be so Salty when the brits do better than them.

We've always got the kiwi back-up of only caring about the medals-per-capita - that'll get us ahead of China...

Even better, combine "only medals per capita matters" with "only the Trott-Kenny household counts" and we're creaming it.

You can't really explain how steep that banking on the BMX is on television. I helped put up barriers up at 2012 as they were behind on finishing it. Hard work just get them up there through manual labour.

They let us sneak into the velodrome practice for it ;)

Even better, combine "only medals per capita matters" with "only the Trott-Kenny household counts" and we're creaming it.

Factor in the isles of Sark and Man, then the county of Yorkshire, and we'll have the top 3 locked out, and a good shot at 4th to.

Up to 55 medals now, 10 shy of London, 7 up on Beijing.
Chances still to come (off the top of my head, I'll be missing plenty)
Women's hockey
Farah (5k)
Gemili (200m)
Adams (Boxing)
Jones (Taekwondo)
Walkden (Taekwondo)
Jenkins (Triathalon)
Men's 4x100 relay
Women's 4x100 relay
Daley (Diving)
Couch (Diving)
Hull (Not a Sport)

That's 11 viable opportunities, anyone care to add?
Didn't we do we'll in the cenutry-out-of-date Pentathlon last time? Any chances in BMX Bandits? Any more sail boats we can win? Any obvious track and field options I've forgotten?

It was always a little bit dodgy - reminded me of Bastareaud in NZ a little.

BMX looks mental

I bloody love it,
Heard someone saying it was as pointless as horse dancing the other day - mental!
I'd love to see downhill mountain biking in there, top level competitive racing is great to watch.

Latest posts