• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2016 Rugby Championship] South Africa v New Zealand (08/10/2016)

can we talk about how new zealand essentially plays with 8 loose forwards...

And so NZ bring up 50...... Exhibition rugby from NZ now. Or are the Springboks really that bad?

No matter who you are, you never want an amazing rivarly to turn into this.

A fool makes the same mistake twice and expects a different outcome. Today is a sad day for South African rugby. change is needed in coaching. England fans will know . They replaced Lancaster because they knew change was needed . We. We need change as soon as possible. It's not the players fault. It's the mindset they have to play with . Our coach wants to play conservative . When AC was at the stormers they could not score tries to save their live and they can't do it now. You can't teach an old dog new tricks. New coaches please. Johan Ackerman will be better even without international experience .

I feel for the SA fans.

What has happened to there team has been awful, IMO so much talent in SA rugby just completely useless in the higher ups.

This is honestly pathetic, and would be livid if i payed to see it.

This is a disgrace . So sad the Great depression for our fans have begun.
Someone has to take responsibility.

it feels like south african players do whatever they want in the first half and then at halftime the coaches come in and tell them to stop

the kicks that de jongh was executing in the first half that was putting so much pressure on the all blacks should have become a focal point of the game plan and instead it has been removed completely

i don't get it

A record points win... And NZ missed about 12 points in kicks and 7 points in poor ref calls.

Strauss - best quote of the day
"We could have done better"

Last edited:
Not great from Mapoe, but the ball was up at his head, so it wasn't an ideal offload. Hope it stays respectable in the last 10 mins but ABs might fancy going for the jugular to test their new formation.

Jugular it seems

Watching the competitive first half between these two over in NZ I never expected to see a slaughter like this. The only consolation is that every other team has had the same hammering; but since shifting to Steyn at 10, that's 160mins from SA without them remotely threatening the try line and surrendering territory and possession at will (albeit they won one of those games). They aren't going to develop their game playing like that. Hopefully Pollard is fit next month? He can't come back soon enough. Wales will be the acid test for AC in November, if he loses that then the pressure will possibly become unbearable.

If AC can't turn it around then, from my perspective, the main hope for the Boks is that Ackerman wins SR next season (I'd put Lions as favourites) and then is happy to be considered for the national job.

Latest posts