Club or Nation
South Africa
Super%20Rugby.png

Brumbies.png
Versus%20Super.png
Waratahs.png

Venue: GIO Stadium
Time: 10:45 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

The best fixture of the round, this will be tight, I have a feeling it's the Brumbies season though, the contest in the forwards will be great, as well as two very strong backlines (Aussie look best bets to win the RC and the next RWC imo).

Since it's the Brumbies home game, I'm going to say they'll edge it, especially with Poey and Fardy. Also the consistency of the Brumbies backline over some of the Tahs comes to mind (Beale).

Brumbies 22-20

Oh yes, looking forward to this one!
If the Brumbies can build on last last weekend they are set for the season

We dont fix our set pieces then it wont be pretty.
Brumbies will destroy us.

Brumbies starting XV:

1 Scott Sio
2 Stephen Moore (c)
3 Ben Alexander
4 Blake Enever
5 Sam Carter
6 Scott Fardy
7 David Pocock
8 Ita Vaea
9 Tomás Cubelli
10 Christian Lealiifano (c)
11 Joe Tomane
12 Matt Toomua
13 Tevita Kuridrani
14 Henry Speight
15 Aidan Toua

Reserves

16 Josh Mann-Rea
17 Allan Alaalatoa
18 Leslie Leulua’iali’i-Makin
19 Jordan Smiler
20 Jarrad Butler
21 Michael Dowsett
22 Andrew Smith
23 Nigel Ah Wong

Brumbies starting XV:

1 Scott Sio
2 Stephen Moore (c)
3 Ben Alexander
4 Blake Enever
5 Sam Carter
6 Scott Fardy
7 David Pocock
8 Ita Vaea
9 Tomás Cubelli
10 Christian Lealiifano (c)
11 Joe Tomane
12 Matt Toomua
13 Tevita Kuridrani
14 Henry Speight
15 Aidan Toua

Reserves

16 Josh Mann-Rea
17 Allan Alaalatoa
18 Leslie Leulua'iali'i-Makin
19 Jordan Smiler
20 Jarrad Butler
21 Michael Dowsett
22 Andrew Smith
23 Nigel Ah Wong

Easily the most balanced team in the competition this year, strong and consistent in every nearly every area. Attacking their line out and pressuring Cubelli will be the Tahs only options I think.

Easily the most balanced team in the competition this year, strong and consistent in every nearly every area. Attacking their line out and pressuring Cubelli will be the Tahs only options I think.

Are u a Kiwi? Really? You looks so humble to be one haha. Especially talking good about Aussie rugby

Are u a Kiwi? Really? You looks so humble to be one haha. Especially talking good about Aussie rugby 

Oh really?

High praise from smart king is quality banter such is you self haha

Relax, mate. The season is just beginning. The Jaguares are going to crush the Canes

Please, please, please, please; gamble all your money and telecommunications equipment on that predicted result.It would make it more exciting than a RWC final.

Last edited:
Please, please, please, please; gamble all your money and telecommunications equipment on that predicted result.It would make it more exciting than a RWC final.

Saturday, April 9 at Cake Tin. Don't forget it

Are u a Kiwi? Really? You looks so humble to be one haha. Especially talking good about Aussie rugby 

Hahaha ok thats funny. But lets wait for the internationals then the wolves in sheep clothing will come out.

Waratahs keep their starting XV to face the Brumbies

1.Paddy Ryan (63 caps)
2.Tatafu Polota-Nau (131 caps)
3.Angus Ta’avao (49 caps)
4.Dean Mumm (87 caps â€" 99 caps for NSW)
5.Will Skelton (40 caps)
6.David Dennis (VC â€" 93 caps)
7.Michael Hooper (C â€" 82 caps)
8.Jed Holloway (5 caps)
9.Nick Phipps (83 caps)
10.Kurtley Beale (116 caps)
11.Zac Guildford (80 caps)
12.David Horwitz (1 cap)
13.Rob Horne (90 caps)
14.Matt Carraro (41 caps)
15.Israel Folau (46 caps)

Reserves

16.Tolu Latu (29 caps)
17.Matt Sandell (potential NSW/Super Rugby debut)
18.Jeremy Tilse (49 caps)
19.Sam Lousi (5 caps)
20.Wycliff Palu (121 caps)
21.Jack Dempsey (4 caps)
22.Matt Lucas (13 caps)
23.Bryce Hegarty (34 caps)

Hahaha ok thats funny. But lets wait for the internationals then the wolves in sheep clothing will come out.

I think you'll find Kiwis in general to be a lot more humble this year, it's a rebuilding year and we've been gutted of most of our legends and that air of invincibility won't be there. We have already seen the negative effects of the losses with the Hurricanes get hammered by the Brumbies, no Nonu and Smith is a huge concern for the All Blacks.

Australia retain most of their squad and their best players are in their prime, they will be the team to beat this year and probably for the next few years and next RWC.

I think you'll find Kiwis in general to be a lot more humble this year, it's a rebuilding year and we've been gutted of most of our legends and that air of invincibility won't be there. We have already seen the negative effects of the losses with the Hurricanes get hammered by the Brumbies, no Nonu and Smith is a huge concern for the All Blacks.

Australia retain most of their squad and their best players are in their prime, they will be the team to beat this year and probably for the next few years and next RWC.

That would be great for the health of our code. A true challenge between NZ & OZ like the old days.

But I'm still skeptical, so many years of NZ domination that sometimes I think it's impossible to reverse.

That would be great for the health of our code. A true challenge between NZ & OZ like the old days.

But I'm still skeptical, so many years of NZ domination that sometimes I think it's impossible to reverse.

I'm really looking forward to it, we soon get to find out the men from the pretenders and things will start to take shape for us again. I loved 2012 for the exact same reasons, new legends rise. It's going to be an awesome year of rugby. You lads (The Pumas) will have a good crack at us as well, I'm sure Creevy will have the team believing.

I'm really looking forward to it, we soon get to find out the men from the pretenders and things will start to take shape for us again. I loved 2012 for the exact same reasons, new legends rise. It's going to be an awesome year of rugby. You lads (The Pumas) will have a good crack at us as well, I'm sure Creevy will have the team believing.

I think you have the correct replacements: 7 Sam Cane, 10 Aaron Cruden, 12 Rene Ranger & 13 Malakai Fekitoa but I'm not sure if they are going to work like the ABs 2012-2015

I think you have the correct replacements: 7 Sam Cane, 10 Aaron Cruden, 12 Rene Ranger & 13 Malakai Fekitoa but I'm not sure if they are going to work like the ABs 2012-2015

Not to derail the thread too much more from the game at hand (Brumbies vs Tahs), but Fekitoa and a Ranger midfield is a bit too volatile, their defensive game and position isn't even on the same planet as Conrads was. I'm not worried too much about their attack, but I can see teams targeting our midfield this year. I'm hoping Charlie Ngatai stays fit and continues to develop into a world class player, but there's no doubt our 12 and 13 combination is undecided and our main concern. Guys like Kirindrani and De Allande will be real threats.

Not to derail the thread too much more from the game at hand (Brumbies vs Tahs), but Fekitoa and a Ranger midfield is a bit too volatile, their defensive game and position isn't even on the same planet as Conrads was. I'm not worried too much about their attack, but I can see teams targeting our midfield this year. I'm hoping Charlie Ngatai stays fit and continues to develop into a world class player, but there's no doubt our 12 and 13 combination is undecided and our main concern. Guys like Kirindrani and De Allande will be real threats.

I agree. My former username was Conrad Smith, so I'm a BIG fan of him. I always say won't be another like Conrad. Ngatai is a good player at SR level but he's far away to Conrad level

Latest posts