• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

England 2023/24

Forgot Luke Green had signed at Saints for next season. Hopefully we turn him into a scrummaging machine just like we have for…..no one (since the days of Tiny and Mujati).

I didn't know he had signed for Saints. With Iyogun, Haffar and now Green, you have a nice stable of promising young props.

West has signed for Saints too, hasn't he? Pretty stacked at loosehead, even considering the departures

Clearout the entire backroom staff if they're actually considering that, what a joke

Go coach the Barbarians, or a club side, if you don't actually want to coach an international side

I don't like it either tbh. I feel back row easily has enough that we don't need to look elsewhere. Possibly Van Rensburg in the centres might be useful. Green can be excellent at times, but I don't see him as an improvement on what we already have.

Clearout the entire backroom staff if they're actually considering that, what a joke

Go coach the Barbarians, or a club side, if you don't actually want to coach an international side
This article is pure rage bait. There's no actual insight whatsoever about what the England staff think of these players; it's pretty clear some journalist has just made a few player profiles and whacked a controversial headline on it for clicks.

I can't see it either. None of those players scream international to me at all.
Personally think Vermeulen would be an upgrade on our current 6 options. He's absurdly strong. I wouldn't actually want him in an England setup though for fairly obvious reasons.

I don't like it either tbh. I feel back row easily has enough that we don't need to look elsewhere. Possibly Van Rensburg in the centres might be useful. Green can be excellent at times, but I don't see him as an improvement on what we already have.
BJVR is the only one id considerand thats pretty much only because our stocks at 12 are pretty weak. Good prospects but they are young and likely not ready. This is from a qualified player point of view.

It just feels wrong. He isnt a project player, he just happened to play in the country long enough to qualify. I dont like it and arnt really onboard with it but wouldnt blame him for going for international honors.

Honestly though i dont see it happening.

Semi decent article by Charlie Morgan. He picks up on the SA contingent at the end of the article as well.

IMG_4934.jpeg

Premiership team of the season. Only 2 players (3 if you count Lawes) un eligible to play for England.

If you replace Du Toit and Wiese would this be a good england team? It's a good mix there.

Isn't Tyrone Green one of the South African's nobody seemed to want a few days ago.

Latest posts