• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2016 Super Rugby] Bulls vs. Stormers (Round 13) 21/05/2016

Someoke, don't react to the troll. It's just gonna get you in trouble with the Moderators.

PS: I'm a huge Bulls fan. I did NOT think we would win that game. yes we did not score 3000 points in the game like most NZ games, but I think it was AWESOME entertainment for SA rugby fans. I don't care that a hasbeen NZ prop thinks of goat doodoo when he sees SA teams in a derby, I enjoyed it!

Someoke, don't react to the troll. It's just gonna get you in trouble with the Moderators.

PS: I'm a huge Bulls fan. I did NOT think we would win that game. yes we did not score 3000 points in the game like most NZ games, but I think it was AWESOME entertainment for SA rugby fans. I don't care that a hasbeen NZ prop thinks of goat doodoo when he sees SA teams in a derby, I enjoyed it!

So 'trolling' means speaking the truth? As another SA user PM'd me "the truth hurts". Stormers are bad and SA recieve endless charity because Steve Tew keeps getting strong armed because he is weak as a kitten because he's a servant too the dollar.

So 'trolling' means speaking the truth? As another SA user PM'd me "the truth hurts". Stormers are bad and SA recieve endless charity because Steve Tew keeps getting strong armed because he is weak as a kitten because he's a servant too the dollar.
He doesn't get strong-armed, SA rugby is more lucrative. NZ get the deal they deserve financially in a professional sport. Let's face it, NZ is a provincial backwater at the ass-end of the earth where despite being the only country to profess their love of rugby as their first sport they don't actually attend and watch games in sufficient numbers to support their position. So no point crying at the South Africans, they love their sport, you insecure fellas just love bandwagoning the ABs.

He doesn't get strong-armed, SA rugby is more lucrative. NZ get the deal they deserve financially in a professional sport. Let's face it, NZ is a provincial backwater at the ass-end of the earth where despite being the only country to profess their love of rugby as their first sport they don't actually attend and watch games in sufficient numbers to support their position. So no point crying at the South Africans, they love their sport, you insecure fellas just love bandwagoning the ABs.

'A provincial backwater at the ass-end of the earth'

:lol:

NZ is by some distance one of the most beautiful countries on the earth and in the next 10-20 years every man and his dog will want to live here because it's one of the last unspoiled parts of the planet not over-run by illegal immigration, pollution, major drug and social issues/poverty/corruption (cough cough Colombia) and is affordable with friendly citizens who a lot would give the shirt of their back to help you, or one another, if you had ever visited NZ, you most certianly wouldn't have made the stupid comments you did, looking like an ignorant racist.

Please, the jealousy you ooze only makes the tears sweeter.

Fact of the matter is, The Stormers are not deservedly in the top 8, they embarrassed themselves in the play-offs last season, then the players went on to further embarrass themselves at the RWC, I can't help but think Hansen felt sorry for his old mate HM and didn't bother putting them to the sword but knew we couldn't lose because they can't even mount a proper offense, much like the majority of their Super Rugby sides, that in a nutshell is South African rugby culture, thank god for the Lions for punching through that, absolutely loving the Lions right now.

The Bulls actually have some substance to their game and a clearly the best of the worst, still distantly trailing the Sharks and Lions and wouldn't out up much of a fight vs DECENT opposition instead of the junk they routinely play to bloat their points tally.

Last edited:
Dear troll.

Why do you find the need to be disrespectful to the other posters on here out of no apparent reason but to just rile people up?
Take a tip from some of the other posters on here and be more polite. You are only creating a negative perception of the country that you allegedly support.
Im pretty sure no South African poster has lambasted New Zealand teams on their threads. What you are doing is unprovoked and in bad taste.

- - - Updated - - -

The Stormers are rubbish, have to have a chuckle at a couple of the members here who think they're in the play-offs on "merit". Pretty delusional fellas. Especially given the fact you don't even play a Kiwi side.

I'll bite. You are wrong in a number of ways.

First off the Stormers aren't in the pay-off zone as things stand. We are not a rubbish team. Over the last 5 odd years we've topped or near enought topped the overall log on numerous occasions. You can question our BMT but saying we are a rubbish team is the only rubbish around here. Take into account for a second the fact we've lost our two most influrntial coaches, hadn't appointed a new head coach almost as the tournament started and have had a huge amount of player disruption to deal with and have been playing with our 3rd and 2nd choice players at 10 and 9 with our two best players in De Allende and Etzebeth only now coming back and De Allende struggling hugely for form. As for Stormers fans being delusional, how can we help the format? Our team can only play what's in front of them. Yes, we have an easy draw. Over the last couple of years our record vs NZ teams are comparable to our record vs Aussie teams. We certainly aren't in any sort of form ATM but neither are/were most teams who have been dealing with new coaches and selection disruptions. Its no surprise the Lions are topping the SA conference as they are the only SA side without a new coach and with some carry over from last year. You can see a similar trend with the NZ sides with the top 3 teams all having the same coach as last year. As for us thinking we were all but assured a play off spot 3 weeks back you'd struggle to find anyone who wouldn't have thought that. Most Stormers fans did see warning sigs in the loss to the Waratahs and I doubt you'd have found a confident Stormers fan heading into the Bulls game so either you don't know the definition of the word "delusional" or you are kidding yourself and believing the BS you spout, IE delusional.

On a side note your posts seem to be pure nonsensical hate-spewing when taking into accoutn you hold no punches when discussing SA sides yet there are 4 SA side ahead of the top Aussie team who also get to play substandard sides more regularly yet you point your vitriol in SA's direction. That just makes your posts seem like they are coming from a very negative place rather than any kind of justifiable objectivity.

Last edited:
Come on guys. Don't bite, he's dragging all of you into his web...

Let's get back on topic. I thought RG Snyman showed that he's Springbok material against the 2 incumbent Bok lock pair.

Heineken, not only RG Snyman, Jason Jenkins too. As a lock pair they overshadowed Eben and Pieter-Stef. Must admit, I would firstly select Lood as lock, and then select a partner for him. Be it Eben/Pieter-Stef/RG/Jason/Marvin Orie........

Heineken, not only RG Snyman, Jason Jenkins too. As a lock pair they overshadowed Eben and Pieter-Stef. Must admit, I would firstly select Lood as lock, and then select a partner for him. Be it Eben/Pieter-Stef/RG/Jason/Marvin Orie........

I must say, that Orie, has been a dissapointment for me, particularly since I touted him as one of the guys before the season that would have the biggest impact.

But RG, has been a revelation. I have been following him, ever since his days in Affies, and he's slowly becoming one of my favourites.

But I still think Etzebeth and PSDT are our main choices for starting Lock pair, with Lood on the Bench. but RG and Jenkins for that matter are moving up in the ranks, and I can't wait to see how they fare against Mostert this coming weekend, as that will be another epic battle.

Orie is on the way back after injury not so? I'm still confident he will get to the top.

We have no issue with locks post Botha/Matfield what with Etzebeth, De Jager, Du Toit and then one of Mostert or Snyman as injury back-up. Crazy good depth and young enough to go for a good while still. We don't have a world class 9 though.

We have no issue with locks post Botha/Matfield what with Etzebeth, De Jager, Du Toit and then one of Mostert or Snyman as injury back-up. Crazy good depth and young enough to go for a good while still. We don't have a world class 9 though.

We do... He must just stop playing 7's...

Hello, I'm from Hungary and I've been a long time lurker for several seasons, I felt compelled to make an account because as an outsider watching, I have to say I 100% agree with what the New Zealander poster back2back was saying, although his attitude is a little aggressive the points he has made are very true. South African rugby is very negative aside from the Lions who only this season have really made their mark. They had a strong finish to the season last year, but were too inconsistent at the start. Are South Africans really that blind to not acknowledge that attacking rugby is the way forward? The foreshadowing for South African rugby demise has been obvious for quite some time.

It should come as hard evidence with the Lions current results and delightful play that negative rugby is only regressive. It's very tactically limiting, it lowers your chance of winning and it punishes your body even more. The South African teams this season have been very poor to watch other than the Lions. The Lions play like a New Zealand team (who are the best in the world no contest) and it's paying off for them. I think a lot of South Africans need to put their pride aside and come to terms with this and work towards a better future, they have talent but poor attitudes coupled with too much pride.

We do... He must just stop playing 7's...
I don't think Hougie is the answer honestly, he tackles incredibly, runs strongly and kicks decently but I still think his skill-set is better suited to wing than scrum half. Not to mention he'll be 31 by 2019.

The South African posters on this board seem arrogant and dismissive, also very ignorant to the fact that their teams and style is very bad, they will be left behind while New Zealand advance even further into the distance

Hello, I'm from Hungary and I've been a long time lurker for several seasons, I felt compelled to make an account because as an outsider watching, I have to say I 100% agree with what the New Zealander poster back2back was saying, although his attitude is a little aggressive the points he has made are very true. South African rugby is very negative aside from the Lions who only this season have really made their mark. They had a strong finish to the season last year, but were too inconsistent at the start. Are South Africans really that blind to not acknowledge that attacking rugby is the way forward? The foreshadowing for South African rugby demise has been obvious for quite some time.

It should come as hard evidence with the Lions current results and delightful play that negative rugby is only regressive. It's very tactically limiting, it lowers your chance of winning and it punishes your body even more. The South African teams this season have been very poor to watch other than the Lions. The Lions play like a New Zealand team (who are the best in the world no contest) and it's paying off for them. I think a lot of South Africans need to put their pride aside and come to terms with this and work towards a better future, they have talent but poor attitudes coupled with too much pride.
First of all let me please compliment you on your fantastic English, and nice to have a Hungarian rugby fan on the forum.
As far as your comments, I honestly think that 90% of South Africans would agree that we need to be more attacking. The Sharks, Bulls and Stormers have all made efforts this year to develop that aspect of their game and the Lions playing attacking rugby is symptomatic of this general change in view point in South Africa.

However as South Africans we know this will take time; players, coaches and mindsets take years to change and we're mostly just happy to see improvement where we can. I'm not sure where you got the impressions of arrogance from since I feel you will be hard pressed to find a comment by a South African recently that claims we are better than New Zealand. As for being dismissive of Back2back, in general he seems to want to antagonize us more than anything else rather than actually have a discussion, which is why most of us have stopped taking him very seriously.

In short most of us are delighted to see the Lions playing the way they are playing and hope to see some of the rest of the SA teams move in this direction in future.

God damn arrogant, ignorant and dismissive South Africans; that why New Zealand is the best, has always been best, and I don't think there is any chance of us ever not being the best. It's our awesome god-given humility.

Latest posts