• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2018/19 Heineken Cup] Round 1: Pool 2 (13&14/10/2018)

First yellow was extremely harsh. I'm sitting in a room watching with a bunch of Munster fans and none of us thought it should be yellow.

The red card was a red card to me. Might seem harsh, but that's the stuff they're trying to get out of the game. It sucks when it goes against you, but in general I do agree that they need to be harsh on it for a while to try and get the high tackles out of the game.

Twelvetrees should have been a yellow, but the ref didn't give it because he had just given a red. Balances out the original yellow, so it's fair enough.

Gloucester need to cop on with their tackles. They started the game well, seems like they could still be well in this if they weren't tackling so high. They might be a little too pumped up for this one.

Jesus, when Ronan O'Gara is going on a rant about a decision made Munster's favour you know something's gone wrong.

Red cards in the first half more or less decide games lot of the time. There are internationals in two weeks and you'd hope to see a bit of common sense introduced to these laws sooner or later.

Who was the last man for Exeter then?!

He had no intention of making that tackle, just wanted to make it look like he did. Absolutely terrible

So that Exeter penalty then was for high tackle over the shoulder. But the french defender jumped on his back to do it. Surely there is far more intent there than any of the others today. He clearly knows he's going to end up around his neck/head and chooses to do it.

And a Frenchman then whacks Armand in the head with his shoulder by diving at him, not even looked at.

Exeter playing pretty stupidly though, they really aren't thinking about what they are doing. Their players keep running away from their support sideways.

Yeah Exeter need to take a deep breath and try and work the man advantage, instead of forcing it.

i thought that twelvetrees was by far the worst of the three of them... should have been a red card.

the pk only by #1 was also pretty bad.

the two hits they actually got carded for weren't even there worse offences

Don't agree with that from Lacey, Knockett's knee on the ground, French tackler standing up and slowing down the clear out.

Does anyone else really not rate Rory Scannell. Personally I can't see how he has Ireland caps and I'd rate him as Munster's fifth best 12 after Bleyendaal, Taute, Arnold and Goggin. His brother has been very good these last weeks though in fairness.

Does anyone else really not rate Rory Scannell. Personally I can't see how he has Ireland caps and I'd rate him as Munster's fifth best 12 after Bleyendaal, Taute, Arnold and Goggin. His brother has been very good these last weeks though in fairness.
You're entitled to your opinion mate but I think that's nonsense. Scannell has been poor today but he's far in a way the best 12 we have, going forward and in defense. Also not sure how you can rank three 13s and a 10 above him.

I miss Joey Carbery so much.:(:(:(
The timing of the pass for the try and the pass to Sweetnam was ridiculous.

Excuse me while I go of for a cry.

I miss Joey Carbery so much.:(:(:(
The timing of the pass for the try and the pass to Sweetnam was ridiculous.

Excuse me while I go of for a cry.
Right to miss him. Anyone who says 10 isn't his position is way off in my opinion. Love to see rake the ball at first receiver when he has time.

Anyone else reckon that WR should look at binding at the ruck, because some of the french teams get it more than a metre away...seems a bit ridiculous.

Exeter playing so ******* stupidly. When will English clubs learn how to compete at the breakdown properly!? How many times do England and English clubs need to be clearly second best before someone works it out?

No way the Castre player would have caught up with that ball.

Gloucester get a red and Munster destroy them Castre get a red and currently beating Exeter. English rugby is in a bad place.

Gloucester offside all day here. Lovely interplay Carberry and Conway. What a line. We're not even playing that well but a result is a result

I don't rate him. Don't think you can call him anything but their best 12 though, it's just a position that there's not much talent in the country right now. After Henshaw and Aki there's a huge drop before getting to Scannell or McCloskey.

All afternoon Lacey has allowed the castres tacklers to roll into the players coming to clear out or scrum half slowing down the exeter attack.

Latest posts