• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2018/19 Heineken Cup] Round 1: Pool 2 (13&14/10/2018)

I don't rate him. Don't think you can call him anything but their best 12 though, it's just a position that there's not much talent in the country right now. After Henshaw and Aki there's a huge drop before getting to Scannell or McCloskey.

You wash your whore mouth after slighting the GOAT Reid.

Munster have been fairly mediocre except for Carbery/Sweetnam (Their bench has been good as well). A win is a win is a win though.

Absolute joke that the ref had to waste time with the TMO there. He was staring at it, and I've never seen a more clear and obvious yellow. If Gloucester get two points out of this it's a bad showing from us.

What a disgrace of a game from both teams. That's as bad as I've seen Munster play in Europe for a long while.

Job done at home, 5-0 and I won't complain. But we'll need to be better for the back to back against Castres.

Gloucester did well for a team that played 60 minutes with 14 men. Munster will need to be a lot better. Positive from an Irish POV is that Carbery looked very good.

Someone needs to have a word with Archer about his discipline. That's twice in three games that he picked up a yellow card for a needless infringement, and there have been a couple of other infringements that have gone unnoticed by the referee. He could become a liability for Munster if he doesn't learn to keep himself in check.

Joey Carbery had a great game. He makes Munster more dynamic in attack, and had a couple of nice try assists in this game. He's really growing into the role, and has cemented himself firmly as our starting 10. So far his move has been equally successful for Munster and Carbery himself. Tadhg Beirne was awesome again. Munster have found a real missing ingredient with him. Kleyn and Beirne is a starting second row that can compete against any team. Botha had a decent cameo off the bench too. We've recruited well ahead of this season.

Hopefully Tommy O'Donnell and Dan Goggin aren't injured too badly, we're already thin at 7 and in the centre. It seemed like the injuries might not be too bad though, so hopefully they'll be back for the next European fixtures. If Murray and Earls are back by then too, I reckon we'll look a different force. Williams had a good game last week, but he looked very pedestrian again today. Put in a few good tackles, but his distribution isn't at all what it needs to be.

Munster put in a very patchy performance here, but you still have to admire Gloucester for being so competitive playing with 14 men. I wonder if they're going to be more of a force in this group than people might have been expecting. It'll be interesting to see if they can get anything out of the Exeter fixtures.

We got the 5 points. We needed to be better but well we did drop intensity after 5th try.
Delighted Haley looked pure comfortable today. Alby injected massive pace. And well Tadgh Beirne was superb and Joey Carbery was unreal. We were not great but building nicely.

Also can I just add as an additional point. I'm not educated enough on it here BUT we had Joel Jutge in a call mid week. The question was raised on Peter O'Mahony bind at scrum. It turns out once the shoulder is connecting with the lock which it does then its a legal bind.

The O'Mahony bind thing is confusing me, because every pundit is calling it illegal, but if that's the case then how the hell are the referees still not catching it after it's been making headlines for the last 2-3 weeks? Surely the opposition would tell the referee to look out for it ahead of the game?

The O'Mahony bind thing is confusing me, because every pundit is calling it illegal, but if that's the case then how the hell are the referees still not catching it after it's been making headlines for the last 2-3 weeks? Surely the opposition would tell the referee to look out for it ahead of the game?
Well their boss is saying it is legal. So it seems fair we will keep the same approach until notified

Very disappointing result for the Chiefs. Against 14 men of much of the game. Could only watch bits of the game on my phone without sound so dont really know what happened. Did we miss Ewers? What i seen in the first half i thought we looked good. So what heppened?

What a disgrace of a game from both teams. That's as bad as I've seen Munster play in Europe for a long while.

They looked physically shattered. I'm Munsters biggest critic at times but I'd cut them some slack for that today. After they got the 5 points they took the foot off.

The lineouts were a mess. Hopefully N Scannells injury isn't that bad. It's been a bad week for injuries.

As well as the lineouts, they were just sloppy with the ball with numerous mistakes. Central to that once again was Duncan Williams. He gets 10/10 for effort but his passing is atrocious. Mathewson came on and suddenly Munster clicked into gear.

Carbery is looking alright! Thanks Leo! He is getting better by the game and I expect him to start one or two of the autumn internationals.

Beirne was the motm again. Great signing.

Gloucester will feel confident about the return leg but Munster should be much better. Exeter blew a good chance.

With Munster on top of the pool and in control of their own destiny, I would usually be feeling really confident right now. But these three new injuries to Tommy O'Donnell, Dan Goggin and Rhys Marshall scare me. We're already thin in these areas at the moment, so if we don't get some our key guys match fit again by the next European fixture, we could be in trouble.

They looked physically shattered. I'm Munsters biggest critic at times but I'd cut them some slack for that today. After they got the 5 points they took the foot off.

The lineouts were a mess. Hopefully N Scannells injury isn't that bad. It's been a bad week for injuries.

As well as the lineouts, they were just sloppy with the ball with numerous mistakes. Central to that once again was Duncan Williams. He gets 10/10 for effort but his passing is atrocious. Mathewson came on and suddenly Munster clicked into gear.

Carbery is looking alright! Thanks Leo! He is getting better by the game and I expect him to start one or two of the autumn internationals.

Beirne was the motm again. Great signing.

Gloucester will feel confident about the return leg but Munster should be much better. Exeter blew a good chance.
I may have been a bit harsh and angry after that game but it was very uncharacteristic of us. We usually have the wherewithal to absolutely punish teams we clearly outclass and we were awful from minute one. Had that been semi competent opposition we would have lost that at home. From what I saw of Gloucester we should beat them away if we turn up. I'm more worried about playing Castres away and hosting Exeter at home.
I agree Williams has to sit. His passes were responsible for numerous possession losses and a couple of penalties as well. Mathewson looks really sharp. As you say we really need Scannell back and O'Donnell's injury is really worrying for a guy with his profile but the cameras do show it's not a recurring thing his ankle got badly trapped.

Latest posts