• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2018 Rugby Championship] Round 5: Argentina v New Zealand (30/09/2018)

Not "us". "Them". "Beat them". You ain't playing for the All Blacks kid.
Oh are you angry you guys lost lol.
giphy.gif

First the "I know you are but what am I?" response and now an animated gif.... with the L in the forehead.
But that's not the saddest part.

First the "I know you are but what am I?" response and now an animated gif.... with the L in the forehead.
But that's not the saddest part.
Tell me your thoughts on the game.

Did you think you guys got the rub of the green on some calls?

1) The all blacks are the better team. On a very good day we can probably keep up for 60 min or so, but your depth has consistently proved to be too much for us.

2) Here is where you and i differ, dramatically. You see something, instinctively believe your thought to be an absoltuel truth and seek confirmation. You go to Instagram/twitter/facebook where other fellow new Zealanders, who also cheer for the same team as you do, comment on everything and seek for others who have a similar view. You comment on each other's posts, give yourselves a "like" and then go back to do something else thinking wonders about yourselves. Probably something along the lines of "yeah, i knew i was right" or "i can really read people". Something like that.
That is, as someone already pointed out to you, confirmation bias.
Personally, i find that sad, borderline pathetic. Anyone with a primary school education, minimal curiosity and internet access should know better.

I am pretty much the complete opposite. At least consciously i try to be. I assume i am extremely (unconsciously) biassed, even when that is probably not true, and therefore i doubt of my initial reactions and try to see what people who don't have a particular interest in the outcome of the game think. In my case, i am partial towards south africans as i find them tough but fair in general, but i tend to read euro and australian views too. I do a conscious effort not to watch games with Argentine commentators to prevent me from experiencing that very thing you seem to embrace. That's how different you and i are.

After reading/watching all of that, my conclusion is that the ref got a few calls wrong both ways, but nothing that would have swung the game or anything.

And regarding the double movement: I think it was and the try shouldn't have been allowed. But again, unlike you, i try to see other people's point of view and he does have a point. It's a point i disagree with, but a point nonetheless. It's not as if he missed something or was trying to give the pumas a win. You'd have to be a world-class retarded **** to think that. So if you eliminate that, assume the ref is not a moron and given he saw the play, both live and on the screen, well, acknowledging he might have a different and valid opinion looks like a reasonable course of action.

I guess i have bit more experience than you and have been wrong enough times to learn from those mistakes. That's why i am not as confident in my opinion, why i don't try to impose my view and also and most importantly, why i like to hear what others have to say and understand the logic behind it.
It's also probably why i dont use "i know you are but what am i" or post gifs about jokes that were mildly fashionable in early 90's jim carrey movies.

1) The all blacks are the better team. On a very good day we can probably keep up for 60 min or so, but your depth has consistently proved to be too much for us.

2) Here is where you and i differ, dramatically. You see something, instinctively believe your thought to be an absoltuel truth and seek confirmation. You go to Instagram/twitter/facebook where other fellow new Zealanders, who also cheer for the same team as you do, comment on everything and seek for others who have a similar view. You comment on each other's posts, give yourselves a "like" and then go back to do something else thinking wonders about yourselves. Probably something along the lines of "yeah, i knew i was right" or "i can really read people". Something like that.
That is, as someone already pointed out to you, confirmation bias.
Personally, i find that sad, borderline pathetic. Anyone with a primary school education, minimal curiosity and internet access should know better.

I am pretty much the complete opposite. At least consciously i try to be. I assume i am extremely (unconsciously) biassed, even when that is probably not true, and therefore i doubt of my initial reactions and try to see what people who don't have a particular interest in the outcome of the game think. In my case, i am partial towards south africans as i find them tough but fair in general, but i tend to read euro and australian views too. I do a conscious effort not to watch games with Argentine commentators to prevent me from experiencing that very thing you seem to embrace. That's how different you and i are.

After reading/watching all of that, my conclusion is that the ref got a few calls wrong both ways, but nothing that would have swung the game or anything.

And regarding the double movement: I think it was and the try shouldn't have been allowed. But again, unlike you, i try to see other people's point of view and he does have a point. It's a point i disagree with, but a point nonetheless. It's not as if he missed something or was trying to give the pumas a win. You'd have to be a world-class retarded **** to think that. So if you eliminate that, assume the ref is not a moron and given he saw the play, both live and on the screen, well, acknowledging he might have a different and valid opinion looks like a reasonable course of action.

I guess i have bit more experience than you and have been wrong enough times to learn from those mistakes. That's why i am not as confident in my opinion, why i don't try to impose my view and also and most importantly, why i like to hear what others have to say and understand the logic behind it.
It's also probably why i dont use "i know you are but what am i" or post gifs about jokes that were mildly fashionable in early 90's jim carrey movies.
Ok Cruz Costello, thanks for that.

I ask you for your thoughts on the game and you reply with why I'm better than you lol. You shouldn't be so hard on yourself.

I thought the ref was bias and there was enough evidence to suggest so. He also has a history. I'm allowed to talk about that. Thats what rugby forums are for, to talk about rugby stuff :)

Ok Cruz Costello, thanks for that.

I ask you for your thoughts on the game and you reply with why I'm better than you lol. You shouldn't be so hard on yourself.

I thought the ref was bias and there was enough evidence to suggest so. He also has a history. I'm allowed to talk about that. Thats what rugby forums are for, to talk about rugby stuff :)

how you think he's calling you better than him is baffling

Ok Cruz Costello
Hillarious. Have you considered performing as a comedian?
Consider something else...

how you think he's calling you better than him is baffling
Thought so too. It's as if his train of thought never leaves the station.

I thought the ref was bias and there was enough evidence to suggest so.
Then kindly provide that evidence and let's go piece by piece. Maybe, just maybe, it's you who's biased and not the ref. Maybe.

He also has a history.
Evidence of that, too, please.

This is the part where people who are all talk dodge the question or avoid it altogether. Sometimes they argue "it's obvious", "everyone saw it" or "i dont have time for this", which is kinda odd, considering they spent the last days posting 10 messages that added virtually nothing of substance to the conversation.

I'm allowed to talk about that. Thats what rugby forums are for, to talk about rugby stuff
This might come as a shock so please make sure you are sitting down and have clean underwear, but although the forums do allow you to post about that, they also allow me to call you out when you post BS.
Mind blowing stuff, i know....

You dodge what I asked you to talk about, instead you talk about me. You continue to troll and derail the thread. I wonder what the forum punishment is for continuing to troll and derailing the thread? that should make you cut down on that. Anyway, you dodge the question about the game which is what this thread is about and look at what you say down here...
This is the part where people who are all talk dodge the question or avoid it altogether.
BUAHAHAHAHA

I asked for evidence, you provided nothing yet still claim you didn't dodge the question. You can't have it both ways.

And I dodged nothing. I even took the time to number the answers to help people with special needs like yourself.

I wonder what the forum punishment is for continuing to troll and derailing the thread?
There's a suggestions forum, you can try there. Either that or just @ any of the mods admins.

Quick question thou: given that i have been here for quite a while, have never been accused to trolling and have 11 dislikes in nearly 2000 posts, 8 of which are yours in this very thread, how would you present your case to the mods/admits. Post a link to that thread, should be fun to read.

BUAHAHAHAHA
Caps lock... not sure you are aware of how that comes across. You appear to be under the impression it looks cool or something. Not quite the case i'm afraid.
Google is your friend.

I asked for evidence, you provided nothing yet still claim you didn't dodge the question. You can't have it both ways.

And I dodged nothing. I even took the time to number the answers to help people with special needs like yourself.

There's a suggestions forum, you can try there. Either that or just @ any of the mods admins.

Quick question thou: given that i have been here for quite a while, have never been accused to trolling and have 11 dislikes in nearly 2000 posts, 8 of which are yours in this very thread, how would you present your case to the mods/admits. Post a link to that thread, should be fun to read.

Caps lock... not sure you are aware of how that comes across. You appear to be under the impression it looks cool or something. Not quite the case i'm afraid.
Google is your friend.
If we look back at our traded posts, its clear who begins and continues with the insults. Thats obviously you. We both know you started your first reply to me with a subtle insult. A smart remark. From there you would continue to insult. You first reply underneath...
I guess you don't get how the burden of proof works.
This is number 13 of the forum rules...
"13.The Rugby Forum is meant to be fun, so have fun! By all means have a very detailed, in depth discussion, but do not insult fellow members or shout them down because they have a different view from you. Respect everybody’s opinion."
https://www.therugbyforum.com/threads/forum-rules.3455/

I have read the 'Derailing Threads' forum and its clear about the actions I can take towards as you continue to derail the thread even after I tried asking for your thoughts on the game. Rules are rules, you should stick to them.
https://www.therugbyforum.com/threads/derailed-threads.34370/

If you wish to continue posts that has nothing to do with the thread and to continue to insult me, I recommend you private message as stated in the rules. I look forward to your compliance.

The Rugby Forum is meant to be fun, so have fun!
But i am having fun. Tons actually.

I mean, you not only reply to every single post i make but take the time to dislike every-single-post, too.
I'm inside your head i'm afraid. Deep.

Rules are rules, you should stick to them.
Problem with that is that you have a particularly thin skinned version of what constitutes an insult. Have you always been this fragile? Should i let other posters know we should use gloves and treat you like the delicate flower you are? Do tell.

Cruz_del_Sur I'd ignore All Black, he's a Grade A Kiwi troll, not actually interesting in discussing rugby unless you believe in the divine right of the AB's to win and any call against them is clearly ref bias. I mean he's accusing you of derailing the thread when they're clearly the one doing so.

Hillarious. Have you considered performing as a comedian?
Consider something else...

Thought so too. It's as if his train of thought never leaves the station.

Then kindly provide that evidence and let's go piece by piece. Maybe, just maybe, it's you who's biased and not the ref. Maybe.

Evidence of that, too, please.

This is the part where people who are all talk dodge the question or avoid it altogether. Sometimes they argue "it's obvious", "everyone saw it" or "i dont have time for this", which is kinda odd, considering they spent the last days posting 10 messages that added virtually nothing of substance to the conversation.

This might come as a shock so please make sure you are sitting down and have clean underwear, but although the forums do allow you to post about that, they also allow me to call you out when you post BS.
Mind blowing stuff, i know....
To be fair Cruz, he has provided evidence. The evidence was one game reffed by Jerome Garces and another that literally no one thought was controversial so not exactly of the highest Calibre but that's hardly surprising!

It takes a special breed to declare a referee perennially biased against a country following one homer, and as ncurd said it's the type of breed that isn't worth engaging for the good of the forum!

everyone who's not a kiwi thinks the refs are bias in our favours tho

it gets tiresome listening to the same old excuses

everyone who's not a kiwi thinks the refs are bias in our favours tho

it gets tiresome listening to the same old excuses
Not sa bad as watching the All Blacks win 95 percent of the time.

I was listening to an Irish sports podcast the other day and they're feeling pretty confident about the ABs test. I really hope the ABs put out a first choice team (i.e. Retellick starting) as i think it'll be the biggest test for either team pre World Cup.

Latest posts