• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2018 Rugby Championship] Round 5: Argentina v New Zealand (30/09/2018)

TRF_heineken

RIP #J9
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
South Africa
140916065417362597.png

77TMMVD.png
j7lEIMe.png
UIVmBz8.png

Venue: Estadio Jose Amalfitani
Time: 00:40 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

would love Argentina to win this but the AB's should be too strong. reckon it may be closer than the last few games in Arg for NZ. NZ to win by 14 points.

now's the time for the argies to give us shock, them running hot after beating aussie and us very keen to not loose two in a row

if I say it again maybe... Los pumas by 2.
man it will happen.!!
seriously this is the closest we ever been to make it happen, in terms of a competitive team, but we need the AB to be a bit low. the bock took that chance last week. I'll be to much to ask for another sloppy display by them. it's more like they will come in "no prisoners mode" so we are going to need the perfect combination.

if I say it again maybe... Los pumas by 2.
man it will happen.!!
seriously this is the closest we ever been to make it happen, in terms of a competitive team, but we need the AB to be a bit low. the bock took that chance last week. I'll be to much to ask for another sloppy display by them. it's more like they will come in "no prisoners mode" so we are going to need the perfect combination.

I dunno, I think the sides were closer matched when Ledesma was a player. ABs by 10 (which would be a great effort by the Pumas)

good luck losPumas. have an awesome game . hope both teams play in good exciting spirit. may there be lots of beautiful plays and may there be no injuries. puma's can take this.

but gotta say...GO THE ABs!!

ARGENTINA
15 Emiliano Boffelli,
14 Bautista Delguy,
13 Jerónimo de la Fuente,
12 Bautista Ezcurra,
11 Matías Moroni,
10 Nicolás Sánchez,
9 Gonzalo Bertranou,
8 Javier Ortega Desio,
7 Marcos Kremer,
6 Pablo Matera,
5 Tomás Lavanini,
4 Guido Petti,
3 Ramiro Herrera,
2 Agustín Creevy (capt.),
1 Nahuel Tetaz Chaparro

Replacements: 16 Julián Montoya, 17 Juan Pablo Zeiss, 18 Santiago Medrano, 19 Matías Alemanno, 20 Juan Manuel Leguizamón, 21 Tomás Cubelli, 22 Matías Orlando, 23 Sebastián Cancelliere

NEW ZEALAND
15 Ben Smith,
14 Waisake Naholo,
13 Ryan Crotty,
12 Sonny Bill Williams,
11 Rieko Ioane,
10 Beauden Barrett,
9 TJ Perenara,
8 Luke Whitelock,
7 Sam Cane,
6 Shannon Frizell,
5 Scott Barrett,
4 Samuel Whitelock (capt.),
3 Ofa Tuungafasi,
2 Codie Taylor,
1 Karl Tu'inukuafe

Replacements: 16 Nathan Harris, 17 Tim Perry, 18 Angus Ta'avao, 19 Patrick Tuipulotu, 20 Ardie Savea, 21 Aaron Smith, 22 Richie Mo'unga, 23 Anton Lienert-Brown

What happened to Nepo Laulala?

I know he hasn't been in the setup for a little while but I was reminded of his existence yesterday. I was always pretty impressed by him; surely he's better than Tu'ungfasi?

All Blacks: Ben Smith, Waisake Naholo, Ryan Crotty, Sonny Bill Williams, Rieko Ioane, Beauden Barrett, TJ Perenara, Luke Whitelock, Sam Cane, Shannon Frizell, Scott Barrett, Sam Whitelock (capt), Ofa Tuungafasi, Codie Taylor, Karl Tu'inukuafe. Reserves: Nathan Harris, Tim Perry, Angus Ta'avao, Patrick Tuipulotu, Ardie Savea, Aaron Smith, Richie Mo'unga, Anton Lienert-Brown.

glad bender is back at 15 where he belongs
SBW has a lot of ground to make up but at least ALB is cover
frizell will be interesting. hope he continues his awesome form. the Puma's definitely know who he is
lukeWhitelock doesnt have the running/offloading game of read but luke is never going to miss a tackle so it makes up for that shortcoming.
still dont know how tuugafasi keeps making the squad let alone starting
hope tuipolotu gets some redemption
angusTaavao, best come back since Lazarus?

awesome bench

What happened to Nepo Laulala?

I know he hasn't been in the setup for a little while but I was reminded of his existence yesterday. I was always pretty impressed by him; surely he's better than Tu'ungfasi?

Still recovering from the broken arm he suffered back in March. there were complications post surgery, as it didn't heal properly.

Isn't de la Fuente a bit lightweight physically to play 13 at this level?

Boffelli managing to cover 15 has been possibly the biggest single key to the Pumas being competitive. I feared for them when Tuculet off injured.

No space for DMac or Jordie in a match day 23. Incredible depth.

Isn't de la Fuente a bit lightweight physically to play 13 at this level?

Boffelli managing to cover 15 has been possibly the biggest single key to the Pumas being competitive. I feared for them when Tuculet off injured.

No space for DMac or Jordie in a match day 23. Incredible depth.
DMac was unavailable due to a death in the family.

weather forecast is rainy. big storm endeed. good for us. it give us an extra if the abs can't move the ball around so easily.
if we can match their forward pack we have a chance.
vamos los pumas!!!

SBW is back so no more defensive lapses in the midfield like we have had against the Boks. He might be a little rusty but once he gets going we will be a better team all round with him there.

Pumas on the rise so it should be a goodie.

So, I'm going to the stadium today, and anything less than a completely full overly crowded place would be a disappoitment

Argentina to win this. First back to back NZ loss since who knows how long ago? The 90's?

Edit; 2011 actually.

Latest posts