• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2020 RC/Tri Nations] Round 3: Argentina V New Zealand (14/11/2020)

If you want to be sensitive about this then so be it. But Coles and Frizzell slapped the Argentinians. Where Coles was unprovoked and did it out of gratification for getting a penalty.

But you seem to forget that prior to lockdown in the Super Rugby there were also discussions about the NZ players and them being pinged for their "Dark Arts" tricks as well as during last year's RC.

It's not an isolated incident of 2 slaps in one game that has brought these views from other parts of the earth. It's an ongoing trend.
No comment on the argie 7 shoving frizell first? All his fault for reacting?

Shoves happen all the time. shove the guy back and sort it out, no need for slapsgiving... This isn't how I met your mother...
So it's only a problem because it's more of a slap than a shove...right

my bad, I didn't realise the type of face touching was the problem

trying to "sort it out" is all he was trying to do, which is it? Something that happens all the time or the abs being disrespectful

Last edited:
Late to the party...

Congratulations Argentina, what a win. Your centres killed our go-forward. Your halves were impeccable and you played with heart until you won.

I'll remember that game for a long time.

Mario Ledesma deserves it. What a bloke.

That's partially part of the problem. And that's why I said "slap in the face" with the inverted commas, as the act of slapping someone in the face is a sign of disrespect.

Records are made to be broken as they say.

I just finished watching this match, and Argentina were so awesome. Their ball handling and defense were outstanding. Matera was great. They made the All Blacks look like a bad side. There was only one team, and it also showed on the scoreboard. Amazing to see Ledesma's emotions before the final whistle. They deserve all the praise.

I feel the All Blacks did not prepare well for Argentina and underestimated them. Incredible that this was Argentina's first game in 13 months. Even more incredible seeing Michael Cheika in Argentine coaching box :D (just a joke).

Australia dare not underestimate this Argentine team, and the AB's might go for 3 losses in a row.

The result is good for SH rugby, already seen a lot of kiwis saying they'll be watching the puma v Aussie game now when they weren't planning on it before

Rest of the games should be really interesting. Argentina would be playing 4 in a row.

Last edited:
That's partially part of the problem. And that's why I said "slap in the face" with the inverted commas, as the act of slapping someone in the face is a sign of disrespect.
Seriously...their 7 walks up to frizell kneeling on the ground and pushes him In the face...frizell get up and reacts with a lash out that happens to look like a slap...and because a slap is some sort of abject overt sign of disrespect...that completely out weighs what started it and is just another sight the abs don't respect anyone

Beauden to me will always be an outstanding player. Jordie is average.
Did you manage to watch any SRA? He was very good at 15...that why so many of us are surprised he's being played in a different position, fizzle seems to have it in his head because Ben smith was a 15 that was a really good wing...that all 15s can play wing

trying to "sort it out" is all he was trying to do, which is it? Something that happens all the time or the abs being disrespectful

Starting to sound as sensitive as Smartcookie lol

Did you manage to watch any SRA? He was very good at 15...that why so many of us are surprised he's being played in a different position, fizzle seems to have it in his head because Ben smith was a 15 that was a really good wing...that all 15s can play wing

I watched all of it.

Starting to sound as sensitive as Smartcookie lol
No, SC would be quoting some obscure rule that meant whatever the abs had done was fine but everyone else should get life bans...I'm just saying not sure why the pile one about abs starting fights they didn't and not respecting anyone is needed

Seriously...their 7 walks up to frizell kneeling on the ground and pushes him In the face...frizell get up and reacts with a lash out that happens to look like a slap...and because a slap is some sort of abject overt sign of disrespect...that completely out weighs what started it and is just another sight the abs don't respect anyone

I think you should move on from this one minute part of the overall issue of disrespect. And the "but he started it" reaction doesn't help one bit... That's why referees penalise players for retaliation.

So once again, coles fault for starting it and frizells fault for retaliating, jeez you have some sort of ABs chip on your shoulder, nice and impartial for a mod

So once again, coles fault for starting it and frizells fault for retaliating, jeez you have some sort of ABs chip on your shoulder, nice and impartial for a mod
Coles was unprovoked, and there was no retaliation from an Argentine player.

Frizzell's retaliation wasn't the same as Coles' incident but retaliation is being regarded to be more penalisable than the first offence.

the AB's players did the slapping, not the argentine players, and "argy bargy" shoving in general have never resulted in penalties in matches. unless it escalates into a brawl. So I don't really see why you are so vehemently defending the acts of the AB players. Other than your devout support for them. Just take it on the chin man.

Coles was unprovoked, and there was no retaliation from an Argentine player.

Frizzell's retaliation wasn't the same as Coles' incident but retaliation is being regarded to be more penalisable than the first offence.

the AB's players did the slapping, not the argentine players, and "argy bargy" shoving in general have never resulted in penalties in matches. unless it escalates into a brawl. So I don't really see why you are so vehemently defending the acts of the AB players. Other than your devout support for them. Just take it on the chin man.
I'm not defending them, I'm saying if your going to bag coles, and we all should, then call out the argie 7 that slapped frizell In The face that was just as unprovoked, be even rather than piling on just the abs

or better yet, let's just talk about how well the argies game plan worked and how perfectly they executed it

no one in "management" here cares how many kiwi posters have left siting how they just got sick of stuff like this

Latest posts