• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2021 Rugby Championship] Round 4 Australia v South Africa (18/9/2021)

You know you are crap when you camp on the line for 10 minutes and get a card. All Blacks are going to put 50 on us again. Well it was fun while it lasted, but honeymoon is over. I knew when Rassie wasn't going with on tour it was over for us. Because clearly Nienaber has no clue how to get his players up for a game.

You know you are crap when you camp on the line for 10 minutes and get a card. All Blacks are going to put 50 on us again. Well it was fun while it lasted, but honeymoon is over. I knew when Rassie wasn't going with on tour it was over for us. Because clearly Nienaber has no clue how to get his players up for a game.
All do respect, if you need a coach to get you up as a professional, something is truly off.

All do respect, if you need a coach to get you up as a professional, something is truly off.
Yep. John Smit saying the same thing. But in any case. Well done to Aus. Totally deserved. Better over both tests, and good to see them back to the beasts they should be. For us, there is something wrong and I can't see it coming right in a week. Maybe they tlare tired or mentally drained. I don't know, but this team is far better than whats been going on and I'm not sure why.

Yep. John Smit saying the same thing. But in any case. Well done to Aus. Totally deserved. Better over both tests, and good to see them back to the beasts they should be. For us, there is something wrong and I can't see it coming right in a week. Maybe they tlare tired or mentally drained. I don't know, but this team is far better than whats been going on and I'm not sure why.
i agree. They look somewhat flat and lacking. I think that has to do with traveling, playing in front of a crowd, and losing a few key guys.

Overall, the Boks haven't won in Australia since 2013. So something about the preparation, execution, etc., is off and has been for a long time.

Hard to say, but there's a chance it is just mental tiredness and a bit of rust because they haven't played a lot of rugby. Attitude makes a big difference, so a lot could change in one week.

wow, what a result. Was funny I initially expected SA to win the replay. But then I realized the last game was actually pretty good for the wallabies considering the only real threat SA showed was their mauling. That is a coaches dream, a good coach can counter that with a good week analysis and training. Tweak the gameplan. of course I haven't even seen the game so no idea how it went. Very interesting result. Boks prob on the brink of losing that #1 spot...

Wallabies figured out how to defend the maul. Its that simple. Its literally the only skill the Boks have.

Good to see the anti-rugby officiandos get done. Proud of the boys and proud of Hooper. Most capped captain ever.

Wallabies figured out how to defend the maul. Its that simple. Its literally the only skill the Boks have.

Good to see the anti-rugby officiandos get done. Proud of the boys and proud of Hooper. Most capped captain ever.
Wallabies have really improved in the last two weeks, it's good to see. That was comfortable in the end. What has happened to the Springboks?. They have been awful. It's good to see the Wallabies learning from their mistakes though. In the last two games they've been a lot smarter and have got their rewards.

Yes we have won 3 world cups from basically just mauls. Don't be a doos.

I'll have to watch the highlights, that probably won't paint the full picture... So with the world shut down, what rugby did the Super Rugby SA teams play? NZ teams just flogged on with each other...

The only thing clear as day is Rassie is the captain of the ship. If he isn't on it the crew are a bunch of clueless journeymen. We have and always will be our own worst enemies.

Next week is going to be a cricket score. The Boks are going to get hammered.

To be honest I think it was quite predictable that the Boks would go through a tough patch after the Lions series: I think it's very hard to go from no rugby, to an intense lions series then into an equally difficult and much longer Rugby Championship. Boks had to go from 0 to 100 in no time and I think several kinks in the plan were thrown under the rug by victory against a one dimensional Lions (which is not to take away from the achievement of beating them).

To be honest I expected the Boks to struggle straight away against the Pumas (and clearly I was wrong there).

To be honest I think it was quite predictable that the Boks would go through a tough patch after the Lions series: I think it's very hard to go from no rugby, to an intense lions series then into an equally difficult and much longer Rugby Championship. Boks had to go from 0 to 100 in no time and I think several kinks in the plan were thrown under the rug by victory against a one dimensional Lions (which is not to take away from the achievement of beating them).

To be honest I expected the Boks to struggle straight away against the Pumas (and clearly I was wrong there).

I think that's right. Also the Boks have a habit of slumping between World Cups and Lions Tours only to peak again for the really big occasions.

Can't wait to see Rassie's ref rant this time. Maybe he can explain how the Boks get away with an eye gouge and a shoulder to the head of a prone player?

Latest posts