BPM

First XV
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Harlequins

I’m annoyed about Redpath too but at least he has a legit claim to be Scottish unlike a good chunk of that squad.

TRF_Olyy

English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Sale

Oly who is Ashman?
Scotland's u20 hooker,
Think he's originally from Canada but has a Scottish dad, and moved to the North-West as a nipper

Looks really promising tbh - had a big u20s Six Nations and scored a few tries as well.
Came up playing centre and openside, but converted to hooker in the academy and has taken to it well - very strong darts, which is usually the big concern for converts.

Scotty

First XV
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Club or Nation

Exeter

Surprised at no Sam Skinner in the squad.

AlRums

Academy Player
Reaction score
Country Flag

Scotland

Club or Nation

Scotland

I would have to say on today's performance all featured players have justified their inclusion

TRF_Olyy

English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Sale

Josh Bayliss called up

noah_jo

First XV
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

UK

Club or Nation

Harlequins

Josh Bayliss called up
It's a joke at this point.

I would legitimately be embarrased if I was the SRU, absolute joke.

Congrats to him tho

TBeastT

First XV
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Exeter

It's a joke at this point.

I would legitimately be embarrased if I was the SRU, absolute joke.

Congrats to him tho
Yep. Happy for Bayliss but its absolutely gotten to the point now where the SRU is actively seeking out and capping anyone they can, regardless of whether that player is actually good enough for international rugby. Bayliss is a fine player but when you see that he’s in the squad over the likes of Bradbury and Haining, both of whom already have caps, are better players and are far more like-for-like replacements of Thomson and Graham than Bayliss is... it definitely is a joke at this point.

Old Hooker

First XV
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Bayliss is one of 21 forwards in the squad. He’s eligible and they want a look at him which is fair enough.

If they think he’s good enough they’ll play him, but they won’t if they don’t. It’s not like there a potential tug of war with Eng - he’s just not on our radar.

Sco have used the Granny rule more than most. But given they only have 2 pro teams and a smallish player base it’s unsurprising that they cast their net further and wider than others. I don’t like it, but blame the rules.

At least Bayliss has a smidge of Scottish blood in his veins which may give him at least a degree of natural affinity to Sco. Personally I prefer that to someone like van der Merwe who’s beetling out of Sco within 30 seconds of completing his residency.....to the might of Worcester no less.

Bayliss I’d say was opportunistic, and at face value it’s hard to conclude that vdM has been anything other than mercenary.