• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2022-23 Kit Updates

I did. But I encountered some problems so I had to make the roster myself. I think it's working, my problem now is the squad salary. My team value is just short of $5mil, team salary is $1.3mil, and current balance is $1mil. The finance aspect of this mode has me a bit confused, from looking round here it seems I need my salary to be higher than $5mil, is that gonna be likely by the end of the season or is there a folder with rewards numbers I need to edit to make this doable?
Ignore team value. What you need to do is have enough money in your "available funds"at the end of the season to pay the "total team salary" you have. Eg. If your team salary is 1.3mil, and you have 1.5mil in funds, at the end of the season you will pay off the 1.3mil and start the next season with 0.2mil funds. Then the cycle repeats.

Team value is loosely used when you trade players in the transfer window, the player values get taken into consideration and you pay/get paid the difference to the team you're trading with. Eg. if you buy in a player with a value of 1mil and swap him for a player worth 500k, you will have to pay the other team (1mil-500k=) 500k to make the trade happen, this comes out of your available funds.

Anyone else game freez on the loadshedding screen when choosing to play France vs NZL at Stade de France?

I deleted the WL files and that returned the roster to the 2008 version. Is this something that we can't have both ways, either play it as intended or start off with an ace 2023 squad?

Tomorrow I'll try creating a game folder exclusively for WL, I'll remove all the players from the Chiefs in squad management, save a new roster, then start a WL tournament with the dudd Chiefs team I invent, and proceed to buy the 2023 side.
If you remove the current chiefs squad via roster editor, you'll be unlikely to buy them back. Rather swap them in the rsg file, that way they will all appear as free agents in the transfer window once you are deemed worthy of their rating.

The rsg file relates to the setup of the WL, you can also change the amount of money received for home game wins.

If you remove the current chiefs squad via roster editor, you'll be unlikely to buy them back. Rather swap them in the rsg file, that way they will all appear as free agents in the transfer window once you are deemed worthy of their rating.

The rsg file relates to the setup of the WL, you can also change the amount of money received for home game wins.
That would explain why almost none have appeared in the recruitment window and I'm in div 2. How do I edit the rsg?

Ignore team value. What you need to do is have enough money in your "available funds"at the end of the season to pay the "total team salary" you have. Eg. If your team salary is 1.3mil, and you have 1.5mil in funds, at the end of the season you will pay off the 1.3mil and start the next season with 0.2mil funds. Then the cycle repeats.

Team value is loosely used when you trade players in the transfer window, the player values get taken into consideration and you pay/get paid the difference to the team you're trading with. Eg. if you buy in a player with a value of 1mil and swap him for a player worth 500k, you will have to pay the other team (1mil-500k=) 500k to make the trade happen, this comes out of your available funds.
Thanks, this makes much more sense. Adding to what geostar said though, I'm all the way into div 2 and have only been able to recruit Retallick. Is every free agent meant to appear in the recruitment window? Or am I just unlucky that they haven't shown up yet? Players like Ntamack and Sexton have appeared, so I figured that'd mean everyone is up for being traded.

From my understanding, you can buy any player provided they are playing within a WL club or are mapped as free agents.

I'll give you th full details on swapping tonight ig you need further assistance.

So to swap your current squad, withib the rsg WL file, Div 3 teams are list and somewhere it says swapoldplayer and newplayer or something like that.

We use the player ID to the swap players. On woosah's editor, you'll see every player has an unique ID.

To swap the players, change the SwapOldPlayer to the player you want to swap and add the ID of the new player.

Example for swapping S.Cane

SwapOldPlayer "28434" lets say belonged to R.Kahui

Change that to whatever Same Cane's ID is.

In NewPlayer, add the player you want Sam to get replaced by. I normally create u20/junior boks/junior blacks players with weak stats to replace the big names.

All ID's should have 5 characters, if an ID only has 3 characters, add two 0's in front

Here's updates to the tournament textures for RWC 23. pads, adboards, logos etc. Most stadiums have also been added to Github but are still work-in-progress, can get any WIP files by clicking on Code - Download ZIP.

View attachment 17728
Do I need to do anything else other than put these files into the game folder? I've done that but they don't seem to be updating. They don't look like the add boards you have on your stade de France picture for example. Just the normal RWC23 ones from before.

Do I need to do anything else other than put these files into the game folder? I've done that but they don't seem to be updating. They don't look like the add boards you have on your stade de France picture for example. Just the normal RWC23 ones from before.
Ignore that file, most recent RWC stuff is on Github and updated a couple of days ago, just copy and paste the .fsh, .big etc. files to your install folder:

https://github.com/jimw546/jimw546-s-Rugby-08-stuff/releases/tag/RWC2023

Hi Jim 546, I have a return from the office in the world league for the Biarritz - Bulls match.
Before the start of the match when both teams entered, I returned to the office.

From my understanding, you can buy any player provided they are playing within a WL club or are mapped as free agents.

I'll give you th full details on swapping tonight ig you need further assistance.

So to swap your current squad, withib the rsg WL file, Div 3 teams are list and somewhere it says swapoldplayer and newplayer or something like that.

We use the player ID to the swap players. On woosah's editor, you'll see every player has an unique ID.

To swap the players, change the SwapOldPlayer to the player you want to swap and add the ID of the new player.

Example for swapping S.Cane

SwapOldPlayer "28434" lets say belonged to R.Kahui

Change that to whatever Same Cane's ID is.

In NewPlayer, add the player you want Sam to get replaced by. I normally create u20/junior boks/junior blacks players with weak stats to replace the big names.

All ID's should have 5 characters, if an ID only has 3 characters, add two 0's in front
Yeah I'll need some additional info please. I mixed up rsg for rsd, but I know how to edit the rsg, which is how I picked the Chiefs from the start, but the only info it shows is the clubs and I think the location info for games. There's nothing in there for player info. I can see player ID in woosaah's old editor. Could I use the roster editor to place all the OG Chiefs into different teams from my current WL save and trade them that way?

Yeah I'll need some additional info please. I mixed up rsg for rsd, but I know how to edit the rsg, which is how I picked the Chiefs from the start, but the only info it shows is the clubs and I think the location info for games. There's nothing in there for player info. I can see player ID in woosaah's old editor. Could I use the roster editor to place all the OG Chiefs into different teams from my current WL save and trade them that way?
Apologies, it's the 2de97b25......xml

There is text rhat reads starting swaps, although you might have to extract the original version from data.gob as in the patch the the data in between is missing.

You can just copy the text part of one team from the original xml and paste it between the <startingswaps> in the one from the patch.

I'm at work now so I can't show pictures as you would've understood what I meant more clearly with pictures. But I hope this helps

Apologies, it's the 2de97b25......xml

There is text rhat reads starting swaps, although you might have to extract the original version from data.gob as in the patch the the data in between is missing.

You can just copy the text part of one team from the original xml and paste it between the <startingswaps> in the one from the patch.

I'm at work now so I can't show pictures as you would've understood what I meant more clearly with pictures. But I hope this helps
I'm also at work so I can't bring it up to have a look, but I deleted that xml cus no recruits were showing up on my screen and I saw other people on here had the same issue where the solution was to just delete it. I'll restore it and have another look when I get home. Did your xml file work straight out of the box?

I havent played with the current patch's file, I normally do my own WL configurations.

It's easy to edit once you understand the xml file.
In the event this patch's xml file is broken, can I just use woosaah's team editor to fix this? And would I need to start a new WL campaign?

I'm not sure, I suspect that there wil be crashes as the tournament is currently reading from the old file, and a new file with different data might cause the crash

I'm not sure, I suspect that there wil be crashes as the tournament is currently reading from the old file, and a new file with different data might cause the crash
Alright I've done a bit of digging, found all the xmls from TRF22 and the original xml from data.gob. So my understanding is that I can either fill in the startingswaps info, or expand on the free agents section? Adding to the free agents section looks like it'd be the easiest method, yes? Is there a file I can open somewhere to copy all that info from the Chief's team, or will I have to find them one by one in woosaah's editor and add them myself? If I have to use the startingswaps method though, I've done the first line here with Sam Cane and I'm confused that there's only 16 players here, so what's the deal with the other 17? Does startingswaps imply these players are available from the start of the WL, and the implication is that the other 17 would become available as you progress? So could I just keep adding names until all 33 are there? Seems like more work than just adding the 33 to the free agents section instead, hence why I hope that'd work too.

Attachments

• XML.PNG
    XML.PNG
    48.8 KB · Views: 7
  • startingswaps.PNG
    startingswaps.PNG
    15.7 KB · Views: 7
  • startingswapsOG.PNG
    startingswapsOG.PNG
    504 KB · Views: 6
  • Chiefs.PNG
    Chiefs.PNG
    558.5 KB · Views: 7
Does startingswaps imply these players are available from the start of the WL, and the implication is that the other 17 would become available as you progress?
I've not looked too much into these files myself. I believe startingswaps is used to replace important players in the player's team roster when starting a new WL tournament in default Rugby 08. It removes good players from the team and replaces them with the WL "rubbish" players such as C.Heffler, G.Nawali etc. It's only set-up for the teams that were in League 3 in un-modded R08.

I've not looked too much into these files myself. I believe startingswaps is used to replace important players in the player's team roster when starting a new WL tournament in default Rugby 08. It removes good players from the team and replaces them with the WL "rubbish" players such as C.Heffler, G.Nawali etc. It's only set-up for the teams that were in League 3 in un-modded R08.
I ended up filling in the free agents section just to see what would happen. Unusual behaviour to say the least. When I started a new WL, the recruitment window was empty just as other people have reported, but when I loaded my existing save, then exited, then made a new one, the recruitment window would work properly. From there, I kept making new WL seasons, checking the recruitment window, exiting without saving, and making new WLs to keep checking who appeared in the recruitment window. The originals from that list were regularly listed as free agents, and then about 3-5 of the ones I added were also present, usually from the forwards but sometimes also Weber would make it, as would Sowakula, who'd be listed as a N8 but appeared in the backs recruitment window. I have no idea how this stuff behaves but maybe if I rearranged the list and put my guys at the top they'd perhaps be more likely to appear? I then imagine as the season progresses and I buy more players the rest would start to appear for recruitment.

Also regarding the second image, it's from the same xml... is it something I should edit, anyone know what it means?

Also there's the matter of Wainui's created character, his ID was listed as a negative number in woosaah's editor. What am I meant to do regarding created players?

*edit: can confirm placing my players higher up in the list made them more likely to appear in the window, so I guess more will appear once I buy them up. Before I get too stuck into my new career I hope someone knows what the deal is for Wainui regarding the negative ID cus I really don't imagine that'll work right. Suppose if nothing else I can just put him back on the starting team.

Attachments

• FREEAGENTS.PNG
    FREEAGENTS.PNG
    132.5 KB · Views: 9
  • FAS.PNG
    FAS.PNG
    65 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

Latest posts