• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2022 World Cup - Qatar

Yeh have always thought that should England meet France in the QFs then don't fancy Mbappe one on one v Maguire.

Brazil looked solid defensively and have so many options in attack. Brazil v Spain in the quarters though will knock one those two big beasts out.

First up Wales v Iran tomorrow morning.

Politics and football can't keep away from each other at this WC.

Politics and football can't keep away from each other at this WC.

TBF I don't agree with asking the players these questions. They cannot reply for fear of what might happen to them or their families. The journalists know this and I don't see what they hope to gain from it.

100% agree. Just some opportunistic journos trying to get some clicks. Practice some empathy and treat the players how you'd like to be treated. Nothing to be gained with pressing them.

Iran v Wales tough one to choose who to support. Iran from football/politics POV and Wales well because don't want to give them hope of qualifying 🤔.

Wales better than Iran in that half for me. Iran had the best chance but strayed offside. Both teams need to go for it in 2nd half.

Iran quite a ****ly team as well stepping on feet, leaving that foot in, late in the tackle. Wales will have to keep their cool.

Pretty even half,

I thought Iran looked more dangerous on the attack, but Wales more in control in general - big second half

Crazy that Wales are ranked 19th and Iran 20th in the world. Only group in the WC where all 4 sides are in the top 20.

Yeh have always thought that should England meet France in the QFs then don't fancy Mbappe one on one v Maguire.

Brazil looked solid defensively and have so many options in attack. Brazil v Spain in the quarters though will knock one those two big beasts out.

First up Wales v Iran tomorrow morning.
As long as Maguire is in defence England won't win. He's a liability and it was shown against Iran. Better teams will run rings around him.

As long as Maguire is in defence England won't win. He's a liability and it was shown against Iran. Better teams will run rings around him.
The one thing I would say is that it stops England playing a higher line. It's one of the reasons he doesn't suit Ten Hag's system at Man U. For England he does provide useful option at set pieces and Southgate rates him and Stones as his best two central defenders.

England no doubt will have to make compromises later on. I don't like 3-4-3 as it leaves only 2 in central midfield.

If Southgate sticks with 4-3-3 I can see Southgate bringing in Phillips to provide an extra protection in front of Maguire in midfield.

Latest posts