• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2022 World Cup - Qatar

Just seen the Hennessey red card. What was he thinking? Terrible decision. Only one worse though was the ref giving a yellow at first.

Yeah, I only watch football in the big tournaments so don't know many players but every player who I've seen be hyped up pre-tournament has been poor,

Bit like Harry Kane - he might be incredible for his club, he must be for all the hype around him, but I've never seen him have a good game
I don't think Kane is on the same level as Messi etc. but I don't think it's fair to say he had a poor game vs. Iran. He made the assist for Sterling's goal and effectively created the chance for two of the other goals. Sure he didn't score or do anything dazzling, but I'd say his game is more about being effective than being flashy anyway.

Just seen the Hennessey red card. What was he thinking? Terrible decision. Only one worse though was the ref giving a yellow at first.
Yep although I was disappointed to see how the Iranians got in the refs face. Refs in football keep walking backwards from players, they've got to grow a pair, stand their ground and tell players to get the **** out of their faces.

I don't think Kane is on the same level as Messi etc. but I don't think it's fair to say he had a poor game vs. Iran. He made the assist for Sterling's goal and effectively created the chance for two of the other goals. Sure he didn't score or do anything dazzling, but I'd say his game is more about being effective than being flashy anyway.
And had the blatant penalty been given in the first half Kane would likely have scored.

Not Mendy's fault but I'm going to pretend that it is. Unfortunate for Senegal they don't have a better keeper.

Pretty ironic considering how heavy the England player went down in the box :p
Correction two of them. 😝

No, but seriously they were both (ok Stones less so) rugby tackled to the ground. Nothing from VAR. 🤔

Neymar out of next two games with ankle
Ligament damage. Wouldn't be surprised if his WC is over. Please Brazil - no tears and no hanging his shirt out - it's unfortunate not a tragedy.

Correction two of them. 😝

No, but seriously they were both (ok Stones less so) rugby tackled to the ground. Nothing from VAR. 🤔

Number 5 puts in an embarassingly bad dive,
Number 6 looks like he was fouled but the dive was beforehand so they cancel each other out for me - play ball! :D

so coming out of the Qatar-senegal game by friend got threatened by some Qataris for just existing I guess? I don't think they realized that foreigners would be coming to their country and especially foreigners that look like them but don't think like them.

so coming out of the Qatar-senegal game by friend got threatened by some Qataris for just existing I guess? I don't think they realized that foreigners would be coming to their country and especially foreigners that look like them but don't think like them.

Not surprised, twitter has been a cesspit of Qataris making dumb arguments in bad faith and playing the racism card whenever criticised.

Coming across every bit as bad as expected on all fronts.

Latest posts