• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2022 World Cup - Qatar

Think Spain's manager Luis Enrique is top class. Same goes for Didier Deschamps of France. Arguably two of best managers in the comp IMO.

Kimmich is one to watch for Germany and Gnabry is also a threat. I always thought Gnabry was rubbish when he was at Arsenal but he has really kicked on since leaving for Bayern Munich.

I was drinking Defender IPA by Brooklyn Lager last weekend on tap near Sheffield. So you can actually find the decent stuff in the UK now.

Plenty of decent beer from America but like the Australian they sell us the shite.
can add NZ to that.....Steinlarger is horrible stuff but on the rare occurrence you find a NZ beer overseas...thats it

The World Cup has officially arrived. 11 goals in the last 2 games and still 20 mins plus of this one to go.

so nice to see teams trying to score
This is a foreign concept to English fans.

Honestly England can score when playing well, but if things don't go their way they retreat and start playing not to lose rather than win. It's a very English sporting mentality. It affects our rugby. Affected our cricket for a long time and now that cricket seems to have sorted it England have actually started winning world cups.

Korea furious they couldn't take the corner. I once had a teacher blow as the winning shot was heading towards the goal and said the goal didn't count.

Korea furious they couldn't take the corner. I once had a teacher blow as the winning shot was heading towards the goal and said the goal didn't count.
I remember when I was about 10 and watching one match where the ball was rolling towards an open goal and the referee blew time up. 😂

I think in this one the decision was right it was over the 10 mins stoppage and break in play.

Loved the last match. Watched the last 20 mins with our Ghanaian window cleaner. He was proper bricking it thinking South Korea would equalise. But that's what the World Cup should be about bringing different countries fans together.

Brazil and France only two teams so far to win their first two games. Portugal to join them? Although I think this one might end in a Draw.

Wouldn't be surprised if the first two end up being the finalists. Best two squads.

@die_mole

Agree?
sort of kind of. Our sports culture is extremely conservative. Coaches play to not lose their job rather than to win. Teams bringing in analytics consultants has kind of changed that. We force every game to go to overtime so that someone can walk away a winner even though they don't deserve it. I do agree that playing in a pro/rel league has a different attitude than a ring fenced one and that's why I really don't want the premiership to change. Wynalda is a **** stirrer but he's one of the founding fathers of modern American soccer so he has some wisdom to pass down.

Also think it's worth mentioning (and I wrote my thesis on this) that soccer made an affirmative step to punish teams that play the way the Americans do when they switched a win from 2 points to 3. You need to actually go out and win; not gather points by drawing.

Latest posts