• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2023-2024 transfers

IMG_3289.jpeg

Karl Wilkins joins USM Sapiac on 2 year contract. He never really got a chance and I had high hopes for him.

We definitely need another lock/ back rower now!

Crotty's been back training with the Crusaders due to their injury crisis.

Honestly thought he'd retired a couple of seasons ago; turns out he's just been in Japan. Bolter at 12 for the ABs?

Gary Graham,

Christ that's depressing,
The sport is in a real state, atm - so many players looking for contracts

1yr extension for Josh Beaumont and an excellent pun ti tle

We may as well just slap a quins academy badge on Cardiff Met at this point
On the topic of BUCS wingers, someone really needs to snap up Kofi Barton-Byfield from Exeter. Absolute freak. He came through the Bath age groups but I don't think he has any involvement with them anymore. Would love for Chiefs to sign him but if it hasn't happened by now then I don't think it's going to.

Isn't part of it just that they (and Loughborough, and Bath, though the latter is more Olympics-and-Winter-Olympics-sports-oriented) are the best Sports Unis in the country so attract the best players? Like how Hartpury does at college level?

Zheng was in our academy but left to go to uni at Cardiff, I imagine the rugby aspect of it played a bigger part than the academic

Last edited:
Isn't part of it just that they (and Loughborough, and Bath, though the latter is more Olympics-and-Winter-Olympics-oriented) are the best Sports Unis in the country so attract the best players? Like how Hartpury does at college level?

Zheng was in our academy but left to go to uni at Cardiff, I imagine the rugby aspect of it played a bigger part than the academic
Naturally it's just quite a symbiotic relationship. The best sports unis attract the best players, and then those best players become even better because they're at the best sports unis. The facilities at Loughborough in particular are mental; comfortably better than just about any Prem or Welsh URC team, hence why England sometimes train there.

Christ that's depressing,
The sport is in a real state, atm - so many players looking for contracts
Apparently another French side Grenoble has been relegated on financial irregularities so Carcassonne might be lucky and stay up. Maybe Garys contract might still stand. I hope so.

He's been banned for 4 years tbf, do you think it should be a life ban?
Yes, because if he's stupid enough to get caught, when literally every other player in the game is sauced up to the eyeballs, then he's a danger to himself and everyone else around him

Jesse Kriel must be so disappointed to be on the same side as him

He's been banned for 4 years tbf, do you think it should be a life ban?
Yes. He can still benefit from the steroids going forwards. Same argument against Gatlin being allowed back after the second time caught cheating.

And yes let's face it we know it's pretty endemic in SA rugby the size of their monsters.

Yes, because if he's stupid enough to get caught, when literally every other player in the game is sauced up to the eyeballs, then he's a danger to himself and everyone else around him

Jesse Kriel must be so disappointed to be on the same side as him
Honestly that first part convinced me. It does take a special talent to get popped in today's sport.

Latest posts