• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2023-2024 transfers

Good signing for them, and also good to see him land a contract somewhere

Wonder if this is going to be a dam breaking announcement and there'll be a raft of others soon

Northampton gunning hard for Bath's reputation as London Irish #2

Three great pickups by them, though - wonder if they had an inkling this was going to happen because their recruitment has been lacklustre this season, and then they've pulled these three out the bag

Quite excited by Pearson at Saints as I think there's a good chance they develop him as an 8, which is where I think he could really thrive.

4. Coles
5. Moon
6. Lawes
7. Ludlam
8. Pearson

19. Munga
20. Augustus

Would be some loose five.
Augustus has been great for them though. With Lawes on the wind down (definitely post RWC), I can see Ludlam and Pearson on the flanks.

Northampton gunning hard for Bath's reputation as London Irish #2

Three great pickups by them, though - wonder if they had an inkling this was going to happen because their recruitment has been lacklustre this season, and then they've pulled these three out the bag
Agreed. Although from what I've seen Munga isn't going to replace what they're losing with Salakaia-Loto and Ribbans leaving. I know they signed the Fijian lock too, but neither of them are at the standard of the outgoing locks.

Pearson at least makes up for some of what they'll lose in carrying punch.

Gonzalo Quesada will become the first Argentinian to coach Italy after he was named to replace Kieran Crowley after the Rugby World Cup, the Italian federation announced Friday.

Quite surprised at this move. Crowley wanted to stay apparently

Crowley's been very open about being incredibly anti-kicking and having no interest/(ability maybe?) to coach Italy to play pragmatic rugby.

It's admirable, to a degree, and has definitely meant that Italy have played some great running rugby, but it's no coincidence that they so often capitulate and look like they have no plan B.

It's harsh on Crowley but I don't think the decision is as baffling as some people are making out. He isn't the man to truly take Italy to the next level, IMO.

Last edited: