• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2023-2024 transfers

London Irish fly half confirmed to Falcons. Good signing for us.

Noise coming out of camp is also suggesting expect a very different falcons next
Apparently they are being beasted in preseason as our fitness levels are no where near where he wants them.

Noise coming out of camp is also suggesting expect a very different falcons next season...Codling is bringing his game from Oyonnax...high tempo...speed speed speed...which will far better suit our players.

Noise coming out of camp is also suggesting expect a very different falcons next season...Codling is bringing his game from Oyonnax...high tempo...speed speed speed...which will far better suit our players.

Apparently they are being beasted in preseason as our fitness levels are no where near where he wants them.

I'm not sure that what worked in the French 2nd division will necessarily translate to the Prem.

I always wince a bit when I hear that fitness line. Incoming coaches often make it sound like players have just been on the **** under the old regime. Preparing for a fast game is fine, as long as it's not headless chicken stuff. There are still things like scrums and game management to think about. It's not all speed, speed, speed.

You want continuity in your coaching team. If Codling comes in, changes the style and stays true to his CV by leaving after 18 months you'll then be getting a new coach who will inevitably see things differently. Doesn't really help anyone.

Yes but OH, even us Falcons fans have said we are not fit enough. Its blatantly clear when you watch the games. Half of them are blowing up after 60 mins.

No what works in the France D2 might not work in the prem. However many of us have said with our player types we need a more high tempo speed based game...and now we are getting our wish...so we shall see if we were right or not.

We had Dean Richards for 10 years...major consistency that did nothing in the end...If Codling stays for 2 seasons and has us going right...and then moves on...as long as the management team recruit wisely to bring in a coach who can build on that not scrap it...then its fine.

Matt Thompson is the New DOR ...former Falcons Hooker. Hes putting a lot of changes in place. Many for the better. We shall see how it all goes over the season and further.

Yes but OH, even us Falcons fans have said we are not fit enough. Its blatantly clear when you watch the games. Half of them are blowing up after 60 mins.

No what works in the France D2 might not work in the prem. However many of us have said with our player types we need a more high tempo speed based game...and now we are getting our wish...so we shall see if we were right or not.

We had Dean Richards for 10 years...major consistency that did nothing in the end...If Codling stays for 2 seasons and has us going right...and then moves on...as long as the management team recruit wisely to bring in a coach who can build on that not scrap it...then its fine.

Matt Thompson is the New DOR ...former Falcons Hooker. Hes putting a lot of changes in place. Many for the better. We shall see how it all goes over the season and further.
OK. Fingers crossed for you.

Although I still don't see how in this day and age a pro team isn't fit enough. That should be taken as a given.

OK. Fingers crossed for you.

Although I still don't see how in this day and age a pro team isn't fit enough. That should be taken as a given.
I agree fitness shouldnt even be a discussion point.

This season might be a disaster but we're falcons were so used to dross...when we have a chink of hope we have to cling to it!

It really is, and great to see him staying in England.

His strengths are physical carrying and defending which seems to fit a need for Quins. Hope they let him play to those strengths rather than asking him to play a looser game.
CCS is a player i have real high hopes for...i was hoping he might focus at 8 aswell....get him in the squad for the 6n...

Darn. Had heard rumours of CCS coming down here. Disappointed but a very good signing for Quins. He'll suit their style of play well. Perhaps he'll even show Dombrandt how to carry into contact.

Quins confirm Will Joseph now.

Honestly, we may have ended up with the best "transfer window" of anyone this year

We will see Quins have lost a couple of good players as well

Marchant is better than Joseph right now though
CCS is a great pick up but will be interested in how he fits in the back row for Quins
Launch if he can be fit will be massive

Quins confirm Will Joseph now.

Honestly, we may have ended up with the best "transfer window" of anyone this year
I'm not sure I'd go quite that far, but it's certainly our best window in as long as I can remember. Every single signing we've made seems logical and addresses obvious needs. Very happy.

Shite for England considering weakness at 8 v 6
Well hopefully he gets time at 8 when Dombrandt is with England etc. As said elsewhere CCS just needs regular gametime now.
And Tom Willis going to Saracens, Mercer coming back might start to open things up a bit.

Latest posts