• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2023-2024 transfers

Tuima signed on at Chiefs until 2026. Puts those Lyon (?) rumours to bed. Hoping he starts to get involved in some full England squads.
We a Martin back up in the squad, I know Tuima is big, but does he play that smashing big hitting rucking kind of rugby? Or more of a loose player?

Very minor one but Chris Moore has signed for Ospreys and goes straight into their European squad. Was a very random signing at the time (albeit obviously a shot to nothing), and he hasn't got a look in here. Think he's done well enough with the Cookies in AIL though.

Wish him all the best anyway!

One year extension for LCD at Sale

Presumably because no French clubs are interested, but I'm still pleased with that - especially with the rumours that Creevy is leaning
Don't want to be in the same situation as last season where we're needing to sign multiple senior players in the same position (even if we did well out of it in the end)

Sam Whitelock to retire at the end of the season after 17 years of top flight rugby.

Saw a stat (haven't fact checked it) that he's won more RWC matches than anyone else has even played.

Edit: had a look and yep, it's true. Whitelock has won 23 RWC games. Agustin Creevy, Jason Leaonard and Richie McCaw have all only played 22.

Sam Whitelock to retire at the end of the season after 17 years of top flight rugby.

Saw a stat (haven't fact checked it) that he's won more RWC matches than anyone else has even played.

Edit: had a look and yep, it's true. Whitelock has won 23 RWC games. Agustin Creevy, Jason Leaonard and Richie McCaw have all only played 22.

Some career.

Is he unique in having played in 3 RWC finals?

Willgriff John back to Sale until the end of the season to cover Schonert's injury

If he goes well I wouldn't be surprised to see that turn into a contract for next season as Schonert isn't due back until October, and both he and Harper are injury prone

Willgriff John back to Sale until the end of the season to cover Schonert's injury

If he goes well I wouldn't be surprised to see that turn into a contract for next season as Schonert isn't due back until October, and both he and Harper are injury prone
Is England eligible again too…

Edit: eligible as of November. Not that I'd want to see us go down that particular road.

Is England eligible again too…

Edit: eligible as of November. Not that I'd want to see us go down that particular road.
Wonder if that counts towards EQP quota?
Like he can play for England again now but is capped by Wales

Is there paperwork you have to do to make yourself eligible for another country after a cap or is it a passive thing and you just are?

Is there paperwork you have to do to make yourself eligible for another country after a cap or is it a passive thing and you just are?
Don't see why it wouldn't. Especially since if he moves back to England he would actually only be eligible for England (doesn't have 25 Wales caps).

As far as I can see, and I'm no lawyer..…

An EQP is a player qualified to play for England. No ****!

Although WJ was born here and it's been 3 years since he last played for Wales, my reading is that a change of allegiance isn't automatic, but still requires the consent of World Rugby. So I'd guess that unless or until that's been applied for and granted he couldn't count as an EQP (for which there's a separate application process).

I think it's the World Rugby regs that are important here. Those determine eligibility - the Welsh 25 cap thing is just an aspect of how they select from their eligible players. In the eyes of WR he's still Wales eligible until he goes through the process to be otherwise.

I think.

I don't know what happened to him, I had high hopes ever since he made that comment about loving to smash people.

Must just be the WRU curse of Welsh rugby and, doubly, being part of the Scarlets squad which even by Welsh regional standards, is barely a professional outfit.

Kitshoff back to the Stormers from Ulster next season.

Latest posts