• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2023 Six Nations] Ireland v England - 18 March 2023

I think JGP is actually a really big addition for Ireland this week, and even without Ringrose, there'll be a real high pace game, one I dont think England's defensive setup at the moment is cohesive enough to manage
I think your probably not far off here.

Mon/Tues of this week, was kinda dreading a big reaction from England. But as the week has went on, been thinking more that sure, the physicality might be there - but do they have the nous to score much if they do have a purple patch? Do they also have the organisation to resist any moves run off our blindside wingers or even off our forward pods?

Does a half-complacent Ireland playing at 95% still have enough to win this against a hyped full-bore England? Not often you'd even consider that, but right now, quite possibly.

Farrell unironically could have made a pretty good 7. Same height as Robshaw and only a stone lighter.

Putting on the weight difference wouldn't be that hard either. I did it accidentally in the year after university, e.g.
I'd say don't give Eddie ideas but then I remembered... Feel free to keep suggesting Flyhalves should be flankers.

I think your probably not far off here.

Mon/Tues of this week, was kinda dreading a big reaction from England. But as the week has went on, been thinking more that sure, the physicality might be there - but do they have the nous to score much if they do have a purple patch? Do they also have the organisation to resist any moves run off our blindside wingers or even off our forward pods?

Does a half-complacent Ireland playing at 95% still have enough to win this against a hyped full-bore England? Not often you'd even consider that, but right now, quite possibly.
Hey! Did you not see the last 10 minutes of the All Blacks game and…..er…..er…..

Farrell unironically could have made a pretty good 7. Same height as Robshaw and only a stone lighter.

Putting on the weight difference wouldn't be that hard either. I did it accidentally in the year after university, e.g.
Probably eating too much of yourself

I'm not a fan of putting 10s in the centre, but what about Smith at 12 or 13? Obviously he's not the biggest, but then Giteau's a similar build and he was up against the likes of Nonu and Umaga when he shifted from 9-12.

The Times reporting Farrell, Tuilagi and Slade to
start.

The Times reporting Farrell, Tuilagi and Slade to
start.
Times also running a nice feature on Andy Farrell. Worth a read if you can get behind the paywall.

First thing he did when introducing new attack coach Mike Catt to the players was to show them a film of Catt being run over by Lomu in the 95 RWC.

Also a great quote when asked about how he measures player performance. "There is no data for human beings. I coach by feel".

It's early days for Borthwick, but can you imagine him having the lightness of touch do the first, or ever saying the second?

Times also running a nice feature on Andy Farrell. Worth a read if you can get behind the paywall.

First thing he did when introducing new attack coach Mike Catt to the players was to show them a film of Catt being run over by Lomu in the 95 RWC.

Also a great quote when asked about how he measures player performance. "There is no data for human beings. I coach by feel".

It's early days for Borthwick, but can you imagine him having the lightness of touch do the first, or ever saying the second?
Sinfield definitely has that ability and Borthwick appears more in touch with his emotions than I remember from him as England captain. The difference between the two is that Sinfield has a natural synergy with people whereas Borthwick appears to be learning his from a book.

And this in the Graund:

Ribbans in for Chessum, and possibly Arundell for Malins.
I want to see Arundell given a shot but I'll be watching from behind the sofa. He's had little rugby recently and this would be a massive ask at the best of times.

There's plenty of footage of Borthwick in crap England performances to choose from considering the era he played in, tbf

Ellis Genge is the type of guy to run away from home carrying one of these

bindlestick3dsmodel001.jpg

England backline only english people rated and would not make any other side

9. B Youngs (Captain)
10. D Cipriani
11.C Ashton
12.M Smith
13.A Goode
14.Mike Brown
15.Mike Catt

Coach Clive (Always wrong about everything) Woodward

Only World Class players in england team at the moment

Farrel ( at 10 not anywhere else)
H Slade
Itoje ( but needs to hit form has been **** the last 4 years)

To win a world cup you need at least 4 to 5 players that would make a World Team \
here is the list of england and welsh players that could make a team like that :

I find it funny how high the stadards for eddie jones was - winning a grand slam taking a english side to a wc final
beating aus in aus . Wins against NZ and South Africa

Borthwick has had 4 **** test in charge

Thumped by a record score against france and a home loss to Scotland.

What did eddie do his first year in charge? Didn't he win the thing?

Bothwick is out of depth - as Nick Mallet said - it takes a week for players to buy into a coach and to start playing for him.

Nz is in the same boat **** coach but luckily for the All blacks they have better talent to pick from.

Latest posts