• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

4-12-2010: Barbarians vs. Springboks @ Twickenham

I hope McLeod gets a chance in the second half and Hougaard moves to the wing to replace Ndungane.

It's only the first 20 minutes bates. I have to say I am disappointed to see them kick for goal in a match like this one.

Nice penalty decisions by Juan Smith your favoured captain?! Going for poles in a Baabaa game, come on, lol!

I hope McLeod gets a chance in the second half and Hougaard moves to the wing to replace Ndungane.

Yaaas, now you will know how I feel about Andries Strauss
Wish he could do that for the Sharks

BEEAAASSSTT!!!

Nice penalty decisions by Juan Smith your favoured captain?! Going for poles in a Baabaa game, come on, lol!

At least I am not a pathetic wise-ass trying to convince people I am Scottish to defend my ridiculous admiration for a team.

But maybe Smith should have asked demi-god Matfield for advice.

Last edited:
Yaaas, now you will know how I feel about Andries Strauss
Wish he could do that for the Sharks

BEEAAASSSTT!!!

Hehe. Ndungane of all people scoring an intercept-try. The slowest winger I've seen in a Springbok-shirt outruns the Baa-baas.

At least I am not a pathetic wise-ass trying to convince people I am Scottish to defend my ridiculous admiration for a team.

No you right, you are not, you are an insecure, insolent child that resorts to mockery to cover your pathetic nonsensical posts!

Bravo! You've outdone yourself once again. Now quickly tell people you're Scottish to hide the fact you're a moron

Another great option by Juan Smith to go for poles in a Baabaa game!

It's nice to see Daniel coming on. Curious to see how he does against the Baa-baas. Van Zyl is also playing pretty well.

edit: There he is. Only a little over 10 minutes left until the end of the rugby-year 2010.

Last edited:
On the restart after Geldenhuys' try (I have my doubts), a little display of class by Anton Van Zyl! O_O

Hey Lez,

Do you have something to say about the match or not?

On the restart after Geldenhuys' try (I have my doubts), a little display of class by Anton Van Zyl! O_O

He had an amazing Currie Cup season this year with Bekker being injured. A lot of people expected WP to fall back with Bekker out but van Zyl and Fondse were excellent during the whole Currie Cup season as a lock-combo

After a disappointing first half now 2 tries. Alberts almost there. Pity he couldn't finish it off. Bakkies scoring out wide

Last edited by a moderator:
It's actually a bit of a disappointment to see the Barbarians not playing a full-strength team. I would love to see them up against the Australian team that played NZ the 30th of October

Well, 26-20 is something to be proud of if you count the fact we missed 13 players with injuries and another 9 missing out of this match due to their clubs not releasing them. 3 tries (Ndungane, Botha and Maku) and South African van Zyl (playing for the Baa-baas) Man of the Match. Not the attractive match I expected but it's nice to know the year has ended in which I've seen triumph (Currie Cup and EOYT) and disappointment (Tri-Nations) and some mixed feelings (Super14 with a South African final but the Sharks having a horrible start)

He had an amazing Currie Cup season this year with Bekker being injured. A lot of people expected WP to fall back with Bekker out but van Zyl and Fondse were excellent during the whole Currie Cup season as a lock-combo

Well deserved MOM tonight.
Could it be Juan Smith too, on the other side, he should be next SA captain, they missed him earlier this season and when he returned, he fixed a lot of things in SA playing!

Well deserved MOM tonight.
Could it be Juan Smith too, on the other side, he should be next SA captain, they missed him earlier this season and when he returned, he fixed a lot of things in SA playing!

I love Juan Smith but he fixed nothing on his return. We lost 5 out of 6 Tri Nations games and performed poorly at best on the UK tour. His decisions to kick for poles in a Baa Baa game was ridiculous considering how SA were dominating the set pieces!

I love Juan Smith but he fixed nothing on his return. We lost 5 out of 6 Tri Nations games and performed poorly at best on the UK tour. His decisions to kick for poles in a Baa Baa game was ridiculous considering how SA were dominating the set pieces!
If by poorly you mean "was the best backrower" then I agreee :S

Blaming Smith now for the losses in the Tri-Nations? Could it be that it was Spies, Habana, Matfield and Smit being off form, Bakkies getting suspended and that we missed Fourie du Preez during the whole 3N? Everybody performed poorly during the 3N. This Grand Slam-Tour we played pretty well for a team missing out on an almost complete backline. The only problem was we didn't play for 80 minutes. Only last week against England we played a very good game 80 minutes long.

If by poorly you mean "was the best backrower" then I agreee :S

Ssssh. Let's not awaken the monster. Before you know it we get that whole show from start to end again

Blaming Smith now for the losses in the Tri-Nations? Could it be that it was Spies, Habana, Matfield and Smit being off form, Bakkies getting suspended and that we missed Fourie du Preez during the whole 3N? Everybody performed poorly during the 3N. This Grand Slam-Tour we played pretty well for a team missing out on an almost complete backline. The only problem was we didn't play for 80 minutes. Only last week against England we played a very good game 80 minutes long.

Ssssh. Let's not awaken the monster. Before you know it we get that whole show from start to end again

Yes that's the point (yes I've been too cyptic before! :D sorry).
SA lost 5 of 6, but because 6-7 people performed very badly, the good things to save from those matches, were made almost by Juan Smith only!

Best backrow in South Africa's tour, for me too...

Go an read the post again! I did not say that Juan Smith performed poorly I merely stated that "We (SA) lost 5 out of 6 Tri Nations games and performed poorly at best". Making a point that Juan Smith did not make much difference when he returned from injury. I rate him very highly but someone like Fourie Du Preez in my mind would make a difference to how SA are going to perform at the RWC!

With regards to the captaincy, still rate Victor better than Juan Smith. Juan Smith was booed and rightly so, going for poles in the first 15 min against the Baa Baas, come on!

Best backrow on tour would go to Willem Alberts not Juan Smith in my opinion!

SA looked like absolute crap, Juan Smith was an absolute joke, electing to kick repeatedly for goal vs the Barbarians, how did that work for you bud?

Horrible team, horrible tactics and a horrible coach.

After watching this match, I never thought I'd say this, but Neemia Tialata was f*cking impressive. He still can't present a ball from the ruck, but his running was exatly what a 135kg prop should run like. Highlights -

Latest posts