• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[June Tests 2018: 1st Test] South Africa vs. England (09/06/2018)

Morgan's been in really good form for Gloucester recently; his work rate is enormous both offensively and defensively.
He doesn't do anything exceptionally; he's a solid all-rounder. He's playing better and getting the plaudits because he's part of a decent back three and because the pressure is off him. He's enjoying his rugby.

Few things im hoping to see

Daly lay down a marker at FB so we can take away the safety net of vrown for the 3rd test
Solomona actually get some gametime
Billy to show not only his power but his fitness aswell.
Ofcourse shields to be the english savour and push out robshaw.

And wanted iseikwe off the bench his workrate and ability around the pitch outweights his age.

Cant wait till we see a back 3 of 11 may 14 watson 15 daly. 23. Solomona Or earle?

Few things im hoping to see

Daly lay down a marker at FB so we can take away the safety net of vrown for the 3rd test
Solomona actually get some gametime
Billy to show not only his power but his fitness aswell.
Ofcourse shields to be the english savour and push out robshaw.

And wanted iseikwe off the bench his workrate and ability around the pitch outweights his age.

Cant wait till we see a back 3 of 11 may 14 watson 15 daly. 23. Solomona Or earle?
Or Nowell...

TBH I wouldn't mind seeing Brown take up residency in the 23 shirt. I know that in the modern game you're supposed to use all of your subs every game but there's no rule about it. May, Watson and Daly (as a FB) are all prone to being pretty flaky at times and having some seriously off games, so having someone as reliable as Brown on the bench to sort things out if they go wrong really wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. If they're all having good games then just leave Brown on the bench; don't bring him on. It's not really like Nowell, Solomona etc. bring a huge amount of impact anyway; no more than May, Watson or Daly are able to conjure up out of no where.

Short term i like it, the safety of brown just incase but long term nowell and solomona can bring a good impact in defferent ways. When they are settled i dont want a no impact player passed his best as 23 IMO

I guess it depends on how confident you are with May, Watson and Daly starting. Personally don't have a ton of faith in it. Daly's a quality player but having someone who doesn't regularly play fullback starting there is always gonna be a risk. I'm fine with him starting, but personally would want some security on the bench for him.

The silly thing about rugby refereeing is that they're so anal about the no arms / shoulder charge. It's almost like its a point of pride that differentiates them from rugby league (although RL has now also banned shoulder charges, but for decades that was a big difference between the sports). They've doubled down on this in the last few years by getting paranoid about any head contact.

So through referee goggles; Mako's act becomes a late shoulder charge to the head (albeit without much force).

In reality it's just a cheeky bump to the kicker.

If you're going to bump someone late and get away with it, you're obviously not going to use your arms. A late tackle gets seen, a late little 'subtle' shoulder to shoulder (viewed from the corner of your eyes) just looks like an accidental coming together. But if it does get seen then the punishement is often far out of context of the crime.

Rugby refereeing is currently silly because WR head office are removing the ref's room to use their common sense.
If faf was a foot taller ( he wished haha)it's not even a penalty mako would have to dip his should to avoid his head and if he miss times that it would look like red

Latest posts