• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A great big Munster thread

Munster CEO Garrett Fitzgerald is retiring.
Was always expected. He's been out of job since last year after serious surgery and health issues.

A top man who has achieved alot in his 20 years here. Didn't always get in right but always had the right intentions.

John Delaney's out of a job. Maybe he can take on the role.

I'm sure Garrett Fitzgerald will look back on his time with a lot of pride. Munster went from a relatively small outpost to a behemoth and one of the most recognizable brands in rugby while he was in change. The Thomond Park redevelopment and move to UL will be his lasting legacies with the province. Best wishes in retirement.

John Delaney's out of a job. Maybe he can take on the role.

I'm sure Garrett Fitzgerald will look back on his time with a lot of pride. Munster went from a relatively small outpost to a behemoth and one of the most recognizable brands in rugby while he was in change. The Thomond Park redevelopment and move to UL will be his lasting legacies with the province. Best wishes in retirement.
Ah come on Snoop. You can't be that far off the pace with jokes lately. Delaney is still top paid man in FAI. Gardening leave with pay.

But seen as we've had structures for this day in place for last year due to Garrets health issues I'd imagine change will be minimal

Rowntree officially confirmed now. I've a feeling he will be an excellent man for the job

Excellent appointment. Brings lots of international experience, has worked with a host of quality coaches and won't simply be a yes man to the head coach.

Limerick Leader says Larkham is close to signing on the dotted line.
He'd be an excellent addition to the staff. While I've heard mixed reviews of him as a coach, he'd undoubtedly bring on the game of Joey Carbery given Stephen Larkham is one of the best attacking 10s of the pro era. He clearly had a positive influence on Matt Toomua and Christian Lealifano with the Brumbies.

I could be wrong but wasn't player power by Larkham and George Gregan the reason behind David Nucifora leaving the Brumbies?

He'd be an excellent addition to the staff. While I've heard mixed reviews of him as a coach, he'd undoubtedly bring on the game of Joey Carbery given Stephen Larkham is one of the best attacking 10s of the pro era. He clearly had a positive influence on Matt Toomua and Christian Lealifano with the Brumbies.

I could be wrong but wasn't player power by Larkham and George Gregan the reason behind David Nucifora leaving the Brumbies?
Probably mutinied on Andy Friend too! Bit of a minefield is Ireland for him.

Can confirm I shook hands with him yesterday in UL. And yesterday wasn't his 1st time here in recent months.

Also just 1 last part of jigsaw to come

Can confirm I shook hands with him yesterday in UL. And yesterday wasn't his 1st time here in recent months.

Also just 1 last part of jigsaw to come

Some serious additions. Especially considering we've a really exciting crop of young players this really is super news.

Creating a rumour:
Stephen Larkham has three years head coaching experience with Brumbies. Surely he doesn't fancy being assistant coach to Johann van Graan unless he's getting a lot of say in how the team play. Could van Graan move to more of a director of rugby role where he picks the team, coaches the pack and addresses the media (like Leo Cullen with Leinster), Larkham formulates the game plan and becomes head coach (like Stuart Lancaster) and Graham Rowntree looks after set pieces. If there's another coach to come in, could it be Clare native Noel McNamara looking after skills?

Creating a rumour:
Stephen Larkham has three years head coaching experience with Brumbies. Surely he doesn't fancy being assistant coach to Johann van Graan unless he's getting a lot of say in how the team play. Could van Graan move to more of a director of rugby role where he picks the team, coaches the pack and addresses the media (like Leo Cullen with Leinster), Larkham formulates the game plan and becomes head coach (like Stuart Lancaster) and Graham Rowntree looks after set pieces. If there's another coach to come in, could it be Clare native Noel McNamara looking after skills?
Snoop that isn't a rumour as it has been said as part of coaching structures review. Effectively it won't be issued and none of us are sure but the lads are replacing Felix and Fla but alot more responsibility.
I think Noel has stated he isn't interested in a role with any province. I know him well and his story is amazing in how he has been such a success at Leinster academy and Ireland seeing as he comes from an area who has no time for rugby much.

The pollard rumour as per quinny is interesting. A second distributor wouldn't go astray. No 12 bar scannell In the squad
I wonder is there plans to bring in someone else or was it just a superstar availability that we were alerted to. (I think irfu are more open to allowing something like that)

You'd assume a certain amount of wedge was available with so many moving on from the squad to be replaced by academy prospects but have we now spent that on rowntree and larkham?

The pollard rumour as per quinny is interesting. A second distributor wouldn't go astray. No 12 bar scannell In the squad
I wonder is there plans to bring in someone else or was it just a superstar availability that we were alerted to. (I think irfu are more open to allowing something like that)

You'd assume a certain amount of wedge was available with so many moving on from the squad to be replaced by academy prospects but have we now spent that on rowntree and larkham?
No money ia there but very unlikely we will add star name to squad if there are any at all. We had good products and with good structures can get squad going. We haven't approached Pollard too despite reports and think it the South Africa links that are causing that rumour

Latest posts