• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A great big Munster thread

Healy, Zebo, Jack Daly, Knox, Loughman, Barron all sign on.

All decent business I think. Knox and Barron should both be starting soon. Daly likely to be a depth guy, but you never know. Loughman is solid , which I'll take. Zebo I think is going to take on a squad role before too long, but no harm.

Last edited:

Healy, Zebo, Jack Daly, Knox, Loughman, Barron all sign on.

All decent business I think. Knox and Barron should both be starting soon. Daly likely to be a depth guy, but you never know. Loughman is solid , which I'll take. Zebo I think is going to take on a squad role before too long, but no harm.
Was very fearful Zeebs would go and has been strange as last few weeks have been all remote alot of the time. But has alot to offer Munster as a leader when internationals are away.
Knox and Barron are starters in the next 18months

Absolutely delighted to see RG resign
If he can get to full fitness the guy is going to be an incredible addition. Great vote of confidence from both sides. Would we see him by season end?

Big deal for salanoa. Really hope the guy can stay fit.

Beirne and earls are the big names waiting to see if they renew

Absolutely delighted to see RG resign
If he can get to full fitness the guy is going to be an incredible addition. Great vote of confidence from both sides. Would we see him by season end?

Big deal for salanoa. Really hope the guy can stay fit.

Beirne and earls are the big names waiting to see if they renew
Tadhg is done. Will be an IRFU announcement in due course. Earls is there and agreed if he wants it.

RG won't be ready for season end.

Declan Kidney
Graham Rowntree
Noel McNamara
Mike Predergast
Milton Haig

Seems to be signed sealed and nearly delivered

Kidney will be big, worked wonders with Irish as a DOR.
Who would be head coach or will it be more a committee?
Milton Haig reuniting with Rowntree is a good combo.

Kidney will be big, worked wonders with Irish as a DOR.
Who would be head coach or will it be more a committee?
Milton Haig reuniting with Rowntree is a good combo.
Rowntree set to be HC and Kidney as DOR I believe. Prendy then for backs and Haig forwards/Scrum I guess. Not sure what that leaves McNamara with. Skills maybe?

Only thing that's strange to me is Prendy denied anything to do with the Munster job, like yesterday and it would be a lateral move for him if he's neither DoR or HC. Seems odd, although he may just be trolling.

Last edited:
Rowntree set to be HC and Kidney as DOR I believe. Prendy then for backs and Haig forwards/Scrum I guess. Not sure what that leaves McNamara with. Skills maybe?

Only thing that's strange to me is Prendy denied anything to do with the Munster job, like yesterday and it would be a lateral move for him if he's neither DoR or HC. Seems odd, although he may just be trolling.
Correct.

Rowntree in as Head Coach.

McNamara as Skills - With control of Defense (assisted by Cossie who will also still have academy)
Rumours of Les Kiss for defence also but don't think there any truth in that and is tied simply to links with Deccie.

Listen properly to Prendy chat. He never denied just said no and deflected to ROG **** stirring.

Wouldn't say it is a sideways move either as he is coming to his home province and is well equipped to come in to IRFU system and work his way up.
Wait and see ROG, Paulie and Prendy will be an Irish ticket some day somewhere.

That's great news. Good from an Ireland pov too to have future coaches in the system for when Farrells time is up

Exciting times

Hope Tom Aherne is ok muff?

Hard to get going with so many lads having their first run out in months.

John Hodnett head n shoulders the best player on park. Going to be a superstar

Hodnett is a specimen. He has the athleticism of a man who hit puberty twice.
My wife is wondering why I'm in stitches

I was keeping a eye on him all night but especially watched The sequence when zebre were camped on our line around 60 mins. He was so clever. Made a mountain of tackles but didn't come close to giving away a penalty.

Hope Tom Aherne is ok muff?

Hard to get going with so many lads having their first run out in months.

John Hodnett head n shoulders the best player on park. Going to be a superstar
Tom will get scan to find out but hopefully not worst case scenarios.

As for Hodnett said it here a few times.
The closest thing to David Wallace (and potential to be better)

Also again great to see we are producing serious amount of talent in the academy.

28 for a hooker is young. It wouldn't be a bad play for the irfu to have quality as the third hooker with herring. Heffernan delahunt and scannell aren't at the level required. Buckley could be but is a season or two off.

A quick internet browse shows mcguigan as having the most successful lineouts in the past 2 seasons and routinely in team of the week.

28 for a hooker is young. It wouldn't be a bad play for the irfu to have quality as the third hooker with herring. Heffernan delahunt and scannell aren't at the level required. Buckley could be but is a season or two off.

A quick internet browse shows mcguigan as having the most successful lineouts in the past 2 seasons and routinely in team of the week.
A good player who is IQ. Was in negotiations a while back but stalled. And is possible it is back on but had stalled.
We are very light now as next season Buckley, Barron and Scannell look like our only 3 options.

A good player who is IQ. Was in negotiations a while back but stalled. And is possible it is back on but had stalled.
We are very light now as next season Buckley, Barron and Scannell look like our only 3 options.
Would we go overseas if we didn't land him?

Latest posts