• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread pt. 2

That's the thing, even if Cummings could be trusted, none of this is exactly a revelation. By now people have already decided if they care or not and it appears most don't. Johnson has been saved by the fact the vaccine rollout went well and to the electorate that means turning a blind eye to all his failings both relating to covid and otherwise. Most things point to the rollout being a success despite the government, not because of it and helped by our highly established drug industry (same as in the USA) and the general EU incompetence on this issue.

That's the thing, even if Cummings could be trusted, none of this is exactly a revelation. By now people have already decided if they care or not and it appears most don't. Johnson has been saved by the fact the vaccine rollout went well and to the electorate that means turning a blind eye to all his failings both relating to covid and otherwise. Most things point to the rollout being a success despite the government, not because of it and helped by our highly established drug industry (same as in the USA) and the general EU incompetence on this issue.

Yeah it is sad that once an incompetent like Bojo gets the keys to number 10 then nobody knows what really is going on behind closed doors and how the decisions are made.

Voters have so far factored in that Bojo is a liar and still voted for him. Because the alternative was Corbyn and co. Will they do so come 2023/24 election? Probably.

Doesn't make is any more palatable that this clown has indirectly caused the deaths of a minimum 127,700 deaths so Far and will likely get away with it.

The only good that will come from Cummings testimony is that it has brought what was going to come out in the public enquiry out into the open a lot earlier. Regardless of how peeps feel about Cummings - a lot of what he said yesterday was plausible.

I see Hancock this morning gave his usual denial of what Cummings said about him. I do remember the ridiculous targets for testing he set last year which he didn't meet, which seems to be forgotten now.

I would actually take Major or Brown at the minute
In a heart beat, and at any point n the last 10 years.
Maybe only 8 years... a bit hard to tell. Cameron was only better than Brown in terms of change for change's sake. Cameron without Clegg was definitely worse than those 2 (even with Clegg, but it took a few years to realise), and immeasurably better than May, who in turn, was immeasurably better than Johnson.

Nuts what's going on in Arizona and them trying to justify yet another audit.

And WTF? The San Jose mass shootimy was caused by vaccination?

Last edited:

Thought I'd post this here rather than football. Not just because I am a Liverpool fan who remembers Hillsborough but also because how much it says about our justice system and accountability of our public bodies.

It's pretty clear to me that the English justice system has no interest in bringing any accountability of those responsible to the victim's families.

Looking at the upcoming public enquiry on Covid does not bring me with much confidence.

Thought I'd post this here rather than football. Not just because I am a Liverpool fan who remembers Hillsborough but also because how much it says about our justice system and accountability of our public bodies.

It's pretty clear to me that the English justice system has no interest in bringing any accountability of those responsible to the victim's families.

Looking at the upcoming public enquiry on Covid does not bring me with much confidence.
I think it's always worth reading secret barrister on stuff like this.

Should be noted they have many issues with government and the current way criminal law is conducted in this country. However they usually give great detailed explanations for the layman.

Should be noted they have many issues with government and the current way criminal law is conducted in this country. However they usually give great detailed explanations for the layman.
I don't think it's their explanations which is the problem, but the process by which the victim's families have had to go through the last 32 years. I am fully aware of the points of law that the judge made in this case which dismiss the charges against the police officers and solicitor in this case, but this case is just one of a catelogue of failures of the justice system going back 32 years.

This case was dismissed on a point of law that the accused they couldn't have perverted the course of justice because the statements were prepared for a public enquiry was just a legal process not a court of law - ergo they could not as a matter of law be perverting the course of justice. WTF? They had no duty to fully disclose and tell the whole truth, which they would have had to in criminal proceedings, which is frankly utter BS!

The HIP report in 2012 is well worth a read on this on what really happened.
https://assets.publishing.service.g.../uploads/attachment_data/file/229038/0581.pdf.

And the subsequent 2016 inquest findings of unlawful killing, which is the only crumb of comfort to come out of this. I still speak to people/football fans now about this and they still have it in their heads that it was partly due the Liverpool fans fault that day that caused the crush because they have it in their heads that they were a bunch of hooligans. And worst still it was come kind of Karma because of Heysel and those were very different days when football fans were assumed to be hooligans because that is why they were back then. But none of them had bothered reading the HIP findings above. And Liverpool fans are forever crying victimhood.

To have the defence barristers then come out afterwards with - well this totally exonerates the police and carrying on the lie that the fans were to blame yet again just rubs salt into the wound.

Hillsborough is just one example of what Pete Wetherby summed up:

He draws a line between Hillsborough and the other inquiries. "I see public authorities trying to defend their position rather than to do what they should do, which is to act in the public interest, accept their failures and learn from them."
This is what has got to change in the justice system in such tragedies - Grenfell, Manchester Arena Bombings etc. Or as one of the family of the victims says, this will just repeat and we have the biggest one coming up. It's bad enough the families losing their loved ones, and not have the justice system rub salt in the wound to top it off, which is what these families have had to face and their main complaint from day 1.

Still, it looks like this is end in terms of bringing anyone to account for Hillsborough, and the victim's families will instead have to pour their energies into the Hillsborough Law to ensure lessons are learnt and the 96 didn't die for nothing.

I don't think it's their explanations which is the problem, but the process by which the victim's families have had to go through the last 32 years. I am fully aware of the points of law that the judge made in this case which dismiss the charges against the police officers and solicitor in this case, but this case is just one of a catelogue of failures of the justice system going back 32 years.

This case was dismissed on a point of law that the accused they couldn't have perverted the course of justice because the statements were prepared for a public enquiry was just a legal process not a court of law - ergo they could not as a matter of law be perverting the course of justice. WTF? They had no duty to fully disclose and tell the whole truth, which they would have had to in criminal proceedings, which is frankly utter BS!

The HIP report in 2012 is well worth a read on this on what really happened.
https://assets.publishing.service.g.../uploads/attachment_data/file/229038/0581.pdf.

And the subsequent 2016 inquest findings of unlawful killing, which is the only crumb of comfort to come out of this. I still speak to people/football fans now about this and they still have it in their heads that it was partly due the Liverpool fans fault that day that caused the crush because they have it in their heads that they were a bunch of hooligans. And worst still it was come kind of Karma because of Heysel and those were very different days when football fans were assumed to be hooligans because that is why they were back then. But none of them had bothered reading the HIP findings above. And Liverpool fans are forever crying victimhood.

To have the defence barristers then come out afterwards with - well this totally exonerates the police and carrying on the lie that the fans were to blame yet again just rubs salt into the wound.

Hillsborough is just one example of what Pete Wetherby summed up:

This is what has got to change in the justice system in such tragedies - Grenfell, Manchester Arena Bombings etc. Or as one of the family of the victims says, this will just repeat and we have the biggest one coming up. It's bad enough the families losing their loved ones, and not have the justice system rub salt in the wound to top it off, which is what these families have had to face and their main complaint from day 1.

Still, it looks like this is end in terms of bringing anyone to account for Hillsborough, and the victim's families will instead have to pour their energies into the Hillsborough Law to ensure lessons are learnt and the 96 didn't die for nothing.
Well look at Grenfell. Last year it was agreed that individuals within companies wouldn't be prosecuted for evidence they gave. It's disgusting that people can potentially commit or be complicit in a crime and avoid punishment due to participating in a public enquiry.

That for me says they got off on a technicality, not because they did nothing wrong.

Those two coppers and the solicitor were just part of a system to cover it up. If they weren't going to convict the Match commander David Duckenfield for Gross Negligence manslaughter, even though he admitted he lied and ordered the gates to be opened, they were never going to find those 3 for perverting the course if justice.

The only one found guilty of anything for the Hillsborough disaster was the Sheffield Wednesday club Secretary for breach of health and safety and fined £6.5k and to pay £5k towards the prosecution's costs. What a complete joke!

'Secret' wedding yesterday, announce 200million on a boat that'll do **** all today (that was laked months ago). Almost like they want us to forget Cummings and that complete whitewash into the refurb.

Tim Martin - he of "we have too many EU migrants, therefore we must leave the EU" has decided that we don't have enough EU migrants. https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/n...herspoons-is-hit-by-bar-staff-shortage-272908

Yet another example of "this is not the Brexit I voted for" - and yet another example of "this is exactly the Brexit I voted against"

So that's hospitality added to farming, fishing, tourism, banking and manufacturing as having been thrown under the (bendy) bus (with lies no the side) for Brexit - and we're still waiting on the first glimmer of a good thing to come from it all.

ETA: Oh yes, and the environment: https://www.theguardian.com/environ...t-in-europe-for-bathing-water-quality-in-2020

Last edited:

Latest posts