• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread pt. 2

FB_IMG_1635687954068.jpg.06460315b933c3936564f01631e8d598.jpg

A bus has been set on fire after being hijacked by armed, masked men in Newtownards, County Down.

The hijacking happened in Abbot Drive at about 06:30 GMT on Monday.

Infrastructure Minister Nichola Mallon said it is understood the two masked men "muttered something about the protocol" during the attack.

Monday is the deadline previously set by the Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) for progress on the Northern Ireland Protocol.

So the 4 biggest emitters have "pledged to commit" to net zero carbon by:

In order of biggest polluters:

China: 2060
USA: 2050
India: 2070
Russia: 2060.

And who will hold them accountable if they don't get there?

Good luck to the next generation as our generation will hand over a much hotter planet. And no sign of population growth slowing down from current 7.8 billion.

Last edited:

It could have been worse.
This is hardly a surprise, anyone with the ability to read previous results could see the split right in Hartlepool was pretty much the only reason Labour hadn't lost it as far back as 2015. It stands to reason this would be duplicated elsewhere.

What I'd like to understand is why nationwide the collapse of LD support has gone way more Tory/UKIP/BXP than going Lab. Especially because the reasons given were about Tory policy enacted under their name. The addage in LD groups at the time were "Lets punish the LD's for supporting the Tories by voting Tory".

I mean it probably goes without saying the stuff about Owen Paterson (amendment passed he got away with it) today is utterly disgusting in every way imaginable.

+1% swing to Tory in nect poll I imagine because rules only apply to those you don't like.

I mean it probably goes without saying the stuff about Owen Paterson (amendment passed he got away with it) today is utterly disgusting in every way imaginable.

+1% swing to Tory in nect poll I imagine because rules only apply to those you don't like.
I'm genuinely amazed that anyone can still pretend the Tories aren't insanely corrupt or that they are but no more than normal. This is hitting new heights and they aren't even trying to hide it any more. It's out in the open, clear as day and they are essentially sticking 2 fingers up and saying "what are you going to do about it?"

Just staggered the electorate seem to really not care about this at all. How have so many people still got it in their heads that the current bunch represent the better option? It begs the question what is left before people actually realise the Tories are an absolute shitshow. Do we have to wait until the country is crippled for their enrichment before people take notice?

Even the Daily Heil aren't supporting this one!
Its one of those things how many MP's actually lost their seats at the next election after the expenses scandal? A few were deselected but many fell on thier swords.

As afar as I can tell the only ones were McNulty and Laws (and having grown up in Yeovil and seen the work he put in as an MP, I suspect it had far more to do with Laws being gay than his expenses or more importantly they'd have forgiven him). They get Marcus Fysh now....

Without watching yes.....but....

The average age of a Conservative party member is Ghost (not my joke).

But seriously they are 97% white, 70% male and majority over 55 with 40% over 66.

This my long winded way of saying I'm unsure they'd bring in an Asian descended leader however they have had two female leaders. However both May and Thatcher (wanted to get rid of Heath) had no real opposition. I think similar would have to happen this is my way of saying I wouldn't count out some idiot like Raab winning or even Hunt.

Of course now the government are asking the investigator to resign.

It'd be shocking if it wasn't so on brand.

They've taken Trumps "I could shoot someone on 5th Avenue and wouldn't lose any voters" and ran with it
There are literally no consequences for their actions, and if there's the faint hint of consequence they'll change the rules so they're not breaking them anymore

Latest posts