Last edited:

TigsMan

G.O.A.T
TRF Legend
Country Flag

Ireland

Club or Nation

Leicester

I mean Macron is being full of it given his past especially.
But Johnson is given him such a easy goal to score election points it's crazy.

ncurd

Hall of Fame
TRF Legend
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Bath

I mean Macron is being full of it given his past especially.
But Johnson is given him such a easy goal to score election points it's crazy.
Yeah its less off Macron being a saint and more look our PM arsed it up again.

Its like the Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe situation Iran is a shite country looking for an excuse but our Foreign Secretary at the time bungled it and gave them the excuse (also Boris Johnson).

Which Tyler

International
TRF Legend
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Bath

Restoration is always tricky - assuming there's nothing offensive about the original, then I agree that it should be as close as possible to the original... EXCEPT that the new work should be obviously new, not masquerading as old. Someone looking at it in 200 years time should be able to trace the repairs easily enough, without needing a guide.

The alternative is to treat it more like a remodelling, as has happened many, many times before; be honest and respectful to the original, but using modern materials and methods. It's a perfectly valid option, but not my favoured.

Phil Ames

First XV
TRF Legend
Country Flag

United States

Club or Nation

United States

635840063719882007-RESIZEDbensonCOLORA--Trump-Turkey-11-25-15.jpg

Ragey Erasmus

International
TRF Legend
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Bath

So apparently Arizona is conducting another ballot "investigation". This is just getting more and more farcical. The complete disregard for the democratic result in the USA among Republicans, combined with coordinated voter suppression laws and the crass hypocrisy is genuinely worrying. The Republicans seem to be positioning themselves to rig future elections by outright denying the results and packing all the positions involved with their cronies. Other states have introduced laws to allow the governor to simply switch out the election officials with whoever they want, this is ONLY occurring in Republican states.

Eleutherarch

Academy Player
Country Flag

South Africa

So apparently Arizona is conducting another ballot "investigation". This is just getting more and more farcical. The complete disregard for the democratic result in the USA among Republicans, combined with coordinated voter suppression laws and the crass hypocrisy is genuinely worrying. The Republicans seem to be positioning themselves to rig future elections by outright denying the results and packing all the positions involved with their cronies. Other states have introduced laws to allow the governor to simply switch out the election officials with whoever they want, this is ONLY occurring in Republican states.
This is really the last gasp for the Republican Party in its current iteration. They will do all that they can to ensure their survival, but they are fighting a losing battle. The slow but steady change in demographics is inexorable and no matter how much they would wish otherwise, the WASP vote is never going to be able to pick up the slack.

Barring some epic legislative shithousery, I think Texas will go blue in the next 15-20 years. They will not be competitive nationally at that point.

We could see all manner of things. Proposals to alter electoral college, a rise in the number of blue-dogs (better to work from within), applications for secession, etc.

One thing is clear though; violence is going to surge. You thought the last interregnum was bloody? Think again. You have many tens of millions of Americans, wholly susceptible to conspiracy, armed to the teeth, who think their way of life and their existence are under dire, imminent threats.

I'm not declaring allegiance to any position on the political spectrum, but combine the Murdochian rip current pulling the pundits and populace to the rabid Right since the 90's with an increasingly censorial regressive Left, add in race and massive wealth inequality and . . .

Any guesses?