• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread pt. 2

We don't have a gun problem. We have a mental health problem disguised as a gun problem.

2/3rds of all firearm deaths are suicides. Last year, 100,000 Americans OD'ed on drugs. Our life expectancy has trended down the past few years for the first time since WWI. There is a reason our society is fracturing right now and guns aren't the root cause.
It's not the guns that are the problem argument it's the other people that are the problem argument. But the guns are just another means of being more effective at killing whether it is by suicide or other people on a mass scale.

If your argument truly stands up then states would outlaw semi automatic weapons like AR-15s. There is no use for those other than to kill other people and animals.

In all honesty, most people just actually don't care that much that they broke the rules because the majority of the country was breaking them themselves anyway / have done since.

I'm not saying that's ok, but it's the reality
That's the problem though : it just adds even more distrust in this Government. And embeds the One rule for them, one for the rest belief.
All it leads to is apathy.

And I would also dispute that the "majority" were breaking the rules during last Xmas. Based on what? Your perception? Don't forget at least 145,000 people have died with Covid on their death certificate. That is the reality and why people are angry at them including families who have lost loved ones.

In all honesty, most people just actually don't care that much that they broke the rules because the majority of the country was breaking them themselves anyway / have done since.

I'm not saying that's ok, but it's the reality
Most pilling suggests compliance was actually quite high. Many people have stories of the sacrifices they made over the lockdowns.

Most people who broke the rules did so in minor ways (I had 7 people round my house instead of 6 one day during the weird but where everyone of two households couldnt meet).

This also said I have some neighbours who were always in blatant disregard.

This said the huge swathes if people who Most followed the rules and only bent them slightly are rightly ******.

And if you want some idea of how it's cutting through, look at the front page of the papers. And well this, I've never know Ant and Dec who are light entertainment presenter to ever get political.

No governement minster on BBC Breakfast, Radio 4 are empty chairing them. Javid was supposed to do the rounds (1 year since first vaccination) but appears unlike normal in these shitstorms nobody is willing to go out an trot out the lies.

The Tories are sharpening their knives. The beginning of the end for Boris. The Tories will still clean up next election, though.

The Tories are sharpening their knives. The beginning of the end for Boris. The Tories will still clean up next election, though.
I dunno about that entirely their polling for a few weeks now has been far from strong. It also completely collapsed in 2017 with May even though it was robust.

I think they'll still be in power but they'll be severely limited and prone to backbench rebels.

The Tory vote has a soft underbelly the strong bits are just very strategically placed.

When Johnson does go (think it will be a few months yet) because he can't be arsed anymore. They'll have to careful with a new leader as nobody ever has been coated in Teflon quite like he was.

I dunno about that entirely their polling for a few weeks now has been far from strong. It also completely collapsed in 2017 with May even though it was robust.

I think they'll still be in power but they'll be severely limited and prone to backbench rebels.

The Tory vote has a soft underbelly the strong bits are just very strategically placed.

When Johnson does go (think it will be a few months yet) because he can't be arsed anymore. They'll have to careful with a new leader as nobody ever has been coated in Teflon quite like he was.
Yeah, "clean up" wasn't probably quite the right phrase.

My money would be on Sunak

Yeah, "clean up" wasn't probably quite the right phrase.

My money would be on Sunak
The issue there and with anyone in cabinet, were they at the party? Number 11 (who usually lives in number 10 dunno if thats true currently) can be particularly susceptible to that question.

Its why he can't go immediately unless forced by the 1922 committee too much taint on this particular scandal that might spread around.

I see some idiot left wingers are calling for a Vote of No Confidence in the house which is a great way to get them to circle wagons and it'll never pass.

I think you've got more faith in the general public than I do,

The general election is ages away yet - they'll bin off Bojo with at least a year to go, and by the time the election rolls around the Tory voters will just associate the sleaze with BoJo and not nice prim and proper Rishi Sunak

Massive open goal for Starmer at PMQs today.
He generally does quite well at these ones corruption/incompetence as barrister mode kicks it. Its when not faces with it and attacking just general policy he struggles a bit more. In general he's quite good at PMQ's the problem is PMQ's rarely cuts through outside people who care about politics already.
I think you've got more faith in the general public than I do,

The general election is ages away yet - they'll bin off Bojo with at least a year to go, and by the time the election rolls around the Tory voters will just associate the sleaze with BoJo and not nice prim and proper Rishi Sunak
If I had faith in them I'd expect there would be no Tories in the house of commons at all ;) I just expect it to go back to pre Johnson/Brexit levels.

Johnson has apologised for the video.

Claims there was no party but now having an investigation....

This is one the most secure locations in the country in terms of monitoring, it should take slightly more than 5 seconds to establish the facts.

Johnson has apologised for the video.

Claims there was no party but now having an investigation....

This is one the most secure locations in the country in terms of monitoring, it should take slightly more than 5 seconds to establish the facts.
A key distinction as well, he has apologised for offense the video may have caused, not the content itself or the party. Apologising for offense is a low key way of trying to apologise whilst really blaming those who were offended.

And if you want some idea of how it's cutting through, look at the front page of the papers. And well this, I've never know Ant and Dec who are light entertainment presenter to ever get political.
Is this the British equivalent of the Dixie Chicks denouncing Bush?

Latest posts