• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread pt. 2

It's from the parody of 10 Downing street's cat. So yes, of course it's done tongue in cheek.

The rules around eating inside a train or restaurant or pub are a complete joke. Like the virus is really going to care if you're eating or drinking.

Still, it fits into an overall pattern and perception that the rules/law just don't apply to Bojo or his cronies.
You say tongue in cheek, but it's being floated by most major media outlets and commentators in complete seriousness

You say tongue in cheek, but it's being floated by most major media outlets and commentators in complete seriousness
Well that's Bojo's fault for recent events and overall persona of a clown and perception of the "rules don't apply to him". He's been caught in hospital/off camera without wearing his mask/Cop26 sat next to Sir David Attenborough without his mask on indoors not eating/drinking. That specific pic isn't going to help no doubt, but it goes with his job as PM of getting pics of him as inopportune moments, which can be read into.

He's got more to worry about than that atm.

Well that's Bojo's fault for recent events and overall persona of a clown and perception of the "rules don't apply to him". He's been caught in hospital/off camera without wearing his mask/Cop26 sat next to Sir David Attenborough without his mask on indoors not eating/drinking. That specific pic isn't going to help no doubt, but it goes with his job as PM of getting pics of him as inopportune moments, which can be read into.

He's got more to worry about than that atm.
Do you not see how it undermines so much of the argument tho? Especially for those who see it as a witch hunt or are slightly more in the middle?

I'd rather Boris wasn't leader, but this is unhelpful in making that argument

BoJo has done, and continues to do, so much wrong - there's really no need to reach for controversy, like in this situation
Yup if people are getting their knickers in a twist on this one, then I expect Bojo is loving it - keeps us all distracted from christmas parties, covid, corruption and incompetence.

Do you not see how it undermines so much of the argument tho? Especially for those who see it as a witch hunt or are slightly more in the middle?

I'd rather Boris wasn't leader, but this is unhelpful in making that argument
What argument? That he's a Clown of a PM/a serial Liar? Most of the electorate already knew that and so did the MPs who chose him as leader.

I personally think his reputation as a leader is pretty much totally undermined and he isn't going to change; as he has said so himself. One pic isn't going to make a huge difference.

Witch Hunt? Don't see it myself. We are not going down the "poor Bojo" route yet are we? And that he is a victim in all this?

Boris Johnson's Brexit minister has resigned from the cabinet and will depart in the new year.

Lord Frost quit in a letter to the prime minister last week, but won't officially leave until January.

Rats jumping from a sinking ship comes to mind

Rats jumping from a sinking ship comes to mind
Thing is his excuse is more covid measures. That just an excuse to jump ship or a legitimate reason? Tbh I'm happy to see the back of that unelected bureaucrat being so influential. He should have just been negotiating on behalf of the British government, not actively helping to make Brexit policy.

Thing is his excuse is more covid measures. That just an excuse to jump ship or a legitimate reason? Tbh I'm happy to see the back of that unelected bureaucrat being so influential. He should have just been negotiating on behalf of the British government, not actively helping to make Brexit policy.

Also I read his excuse is down to taxes too.

On the Marr Show this morning a commentator noted that Frost's view is similar to Sunak, so it could be a way to ensure Frost gets brought back in after Bojo

The fact none of them say it's due to the lies, deceit and lack of integrity is quite telling. Clearly not a Tory priority.

Yeah this is baffling thing they've smelled blood and shark are cricling but qpparently it's because they haven't been evil enough.

Its just bloody ridiculous we are under a lot of strain about whether to bring in more measures and our PM can't be arsed to turn up and chair vital meetings.

Times are reporting a third of the cabinet including Rishi are against bringing in further restrictions as they are questioning the data.

I say sod them and protect yourself and your family.

Times are reporting a third of the cabinet including Rishi are against bringing in further restrictions as they are questioning the data.

I say sod them and protect yourself and your family.
This isn't Rishi first time at the plate for this right? I seam to remember him being reported as the primary reason as to why we didn't have the firebreak in October 2020. Somehow I don't feel we'd be getting the same from Gordon Brown...

Latest posts