• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread pt. 2

Just realised it was 2 days before my Dad's 60th birthday who lives alone after being widowed. Because he lives 3 hours away no one could visit him. Beat myself up all weekend to not drive down. Actually really ******* furious he won't resign.

Basically admitted it, has to resign surely?
No "Basically" about it
So he's admitted that he was there, but that he only attended because he though it was a work thing, and he was only there for half an hour or so, so that's okay then.
No further comment until his commission to establish whether or not he was there has wrapped up.
He just doesn't feel it's a resigning matter - because there's no such thing as a resigning matter for a narcissist.

Last edited:
Absolute joke. He's just a child who thinks he can just say sorry and that will be the end of the matter. He broke the law, whilst people were dying from Covid. After having just survived from Covid.

Wording is important. He said he is sorry that "people THOUGHT the government wasn't obeying the rules" rather than sorry they didn't follow the rules. A subtle distinction but it's a way of avoiding an admission of guilty, you are claiming to be sorry for what someone else thinks, not what you have done. So in other words, he actually hasn't apologised for it at all. If you look at his apologies, nowhere does he ever actually say they did anything wrong, he just regrets how it appears. In essence, it's not an apology or admission of guilt at all. That subtle distinction in wording will not have been lost on Starmer as it is also a lawyer tactic and they are very careful with how they word things. To most people is probably sounds like an admission of guilt but it actually isn't.

More than once he has definitely stood up in Parliament and told outright lies. Who would have thought that a man known all his life as a serial liar, who got fired from a newspaper for lying, who lost a position in government for lying, who cheated on his wife, who couldn't even own up to how many children he has and who lied all through the Brexit process would turn out to be a liar!?

What I find most staggering is not that he lied and held everyone in contempt, it's that anyone is surprised about this. Has everyone already forgotten the Bardnard Castle situation where they just made up excuses? How many times in his short tenure as PM have they apparently found themselves innocent of wrong doing?

Sue Gray, the woman now running the investigation, is notorious as well for being extremely anti freedom of information, to the extent she has actively blocked and hindered attempts to get information on the public record. There is also a suggestion she is close to the Conservative party and essentially their shield in the civil service. As usual, cannot expect any integrity from the government. It's straight out of yes minister, you don't launch an inquiry when you want to actually find anything, you launch one to say you are looking into it and to deflect, which is exactly what Johnson has done.

Its up to their MPs and 1922 committee now. They bought down Theresa May for far far less.

Shall be writing to Mr. Robertson is a bit asking when his letter is going in.

Ok it's really starting now.

Ross backs a resignation
Still waiting for a member of the PCP, absolute madness they are publicly backing him or "waiting for the inquiry". The Tory party use to be infamous for its ability to knife leaders once their usefulness is over with. It was terminal pre-Christmas now he's dead in the water, its hard to imagine any situation where he recovers polling wise.

Here's my reasoning. Even if you happen to believe Johnson's pathetic excuse that he thought it was a work meeting of some kind, you should still be calling for him to resign. His attitude that it was acceptable if it was a work meeting and allowed to continue just highlights this government's attitude to the rules. Who else during the lock down, who had to go into work for 'essential' reasons also took wine and cheese with them? Who else took booze in and all just happened to bring it on the same day? Only this government would have thought that drinking at no. 10 during a lockdown was acceptable and it didn't just happen once, it happened multiple times. They thought the rules did not apply to them and bent them to suit themselves while the rest of the population suffered.

I personally think it's all BS and he knew exactly what was happening, but even if he didn't, it's still evidence that Johnson doesn't think the rules apply to him and his government.

Most places of work forbid the consumption of alcohol on work premises. I've done it once in 21 years for the celebration of a win of a contract. That was less than 25 mins and certainly wasn't a work meeting. At the time you were only allowed to go into work if it was essential for your work. I think its fair to come to the conclusion that the consumption of alcohol would prohibit it being essential you were there.

Like no matter what angle your come to it other than "I'm a disingenuous fuckwit or I am actually incredibly stupid" its complete indefensible. You'll need a better lawyer than OJ to get away with it against a jury.

If Johnson knew what was happened (almost certain) then that means he has again lied to Parliament. The man has no shame whatsoever. Has anyone kept track of the number of times they've been accused of breaking the rules? It's hardly isolated and every time there is some feeble excuse. One of my friends is an ardent Brexiteer and was a Johnson fan but even they are getting fed up with the lies and hypocrisy. Would still vote Conservative of course, which does beg the question how many would still vote Conservative no matter how much they took the public for fools.

It would also be a nice irony if, after ousting May, it was a party in May that brought him down.

QUERY: If Tory MPs don't act by Monday does Labour call a vote of no confidence? They'd almost certainly lose (which is why its gun you don't use) but they'd have it on record every single Tory MP that backed/abstained Johnson over this, which could then be used in campaign literature.

Up to three, Gove being sent into the 1922 committee to bat for Johnson I imagine it will go as well as sending in Haseeb Hameed to open in the Ashes.

QUERY: If Tory MPs don't act by Monday does Labour call a vote of no confidence? They'd almost certainly lose (which is why its gun you don't use) but they'd have it on record every single Tory MP that backed/abstained Johnson over this, which could then be used in campaign literature.
I would have called the vote today when feelings were up.

Definitely would have lost - but it would have set up the scene for the next election.

One of my friends is an ardent Brexiteer and was a Johnson fan but even they are getting fed up with the lies and hypocrisy. Would still vote Conservative of course, which does beg the question how many would still vote Conservative no matter how much they took the public for fools.

Question is, what would the Tories have to do before they'd stop voting for them.

If Johnson knew what was happened (almost certain) then that means he has again lied to Parliament. The man has no shame whatsoever. Has anyone kept track of the number of times they've been accused of breaking the rules? It's hardly isolated and every time there is some feeble excuse. One of my friends is an ardent Brexiteer and was a Johnson fan but even they are getting fed up with the lies and hypocrisy. Would still vote Conservative of course, which does beg the question how many would still vote Conservative no matter how much they took the public for fools.

It would also be a nice irony if, after ousting May, it was a party in May that brought him down.
A handful of senior members, even the PM ≠ equal the party.

Latest posts