• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread pt. 2

PMQs really is awful today
Yeah, Starmer is less in a punchy affair this week waiting for the report and statement in the commons. Just getting him to agree to stuff on the record as rope to hand himself on.

Tories massively slash police numbers and oversee a huge increase in crime then try to pat themselves on the back for adding police again (below the numbers they cut) and act like they've done a good job. Laughable.

Here is a not-exhaustive list of **** Johnson has been involved with. If anyone can point out anything I've missed as I'm getting tired of people elsewhere who are acting like the parties thing is not important rather than just part of a long string of lies, deceit and lack of integrity.

Before PM
Fired from newspaper role for lying
Fired from government position of lying
Massive waste of money in London garden bridge
Taking credit for "Boris Bikes" when they were proposed by Ken Livingston

As PM
Won't admit how many children he has
Barnard Castle
Illegal shutting down of Parliament to play Brexit games
Shutting down numerous government watchdogs
Lying to the Queen
Partying day before Queen went to funeral
Lying about parties
Lying about funding for No. 10
Lied about Brexit
Lied about Brexit deal
Lied about N.Ireland arrangement
Reneged on existing Brexit deal
Lied about tax rises
Letting off Covid fraudsters
PPE contracts to mates
Ferry contract to company with no ferries

Alleged
Prioritised evacuating animals rather than people from Aghanistan
Blackmail

Got a British Citizen locked up indefinitely in Iran.
Wasted Huge amount of public money on Ireland/Scotland bridge.
Claims he's building 40 hospitals (not even remotely close to the truth)
Claims we have the fastest growing economy in the G7 (we don't)
Trying to ban peaceful protest

Amongst the highest COVID death rates per capita in Europe due to his delay in introducing restrictions in 2020.

Most likely yes, that is part of why inflationary pressures happen, back in the 70s it was mainly due to oil prices. It's a vicious cycle until it can be brought back under control. Governments will blame commodity prices and supply side issues, which are outside of their control and deflect blame and they are partly right. Interest rates is the blunt instrument they can use or now it is the BOE's realm. Of course, savers will be happier, but those with variable rate mortgages will feel the hit.

Oh yeah and to add to the list:

Trying to tear up Parliamentary rules to protect a Tory MP who broke them
His smear attacks on Marcus Rashford
Broken manifesto promise to not cut foreign aid
Claiming he should "let the bodies pile up" rather than go into lockdown
Lying about a plan for social care that was never produced
Using public money to fund Tory election campaigning
Undeclared conflict of interest with Jennifer Arcuri
Throwing our own ambassador under the bus when they correctly pointed out the ineptness of the White house at the time
Constantly blaming the EU for everything that goes wrong in deals he previously said were fantastic

:)
Yes, very credible individuals..a "chocolate king" oligarch Poroshenko,who was running successful business in Russia "during the war" (and still have another one as far as I know) and comic Zelensky, a puppet of oligarch Kolomoisky (although he tries to pretend he's more independent now). There are also other fairytale personages (like my favourite Yulia Tymoshenko) there. Just a usual fight between oligarchic groups, that we had in Russia in 90s as well,during our so called president Boris "The Glass" Yeltsin (now we have just one tsar and his oligarchic "vassals" instead) and they're all the same, not better than the tsar, imo, just not that powerful yet.
I really loved Zelensky as a comic though, he was super talented (better than he's as a president).
It's a pity you don't speak Russian, there's a brilliant parody made on Poroshenko by Zelensky when he was a comic, in 2016 (but it's only in Russian unfortunately), and that parody explains everything what's going on in Ukraine/was going on last 15-20 years, including its' desire of "closer ties" with the EU, they were talking also about Yanukovich,other politics and Russia in it (if I remember well), all is brilliant but I'm too tired and lazy to translate it all except this short passage as an example:

Zelensky was pretty brave that time, I think, the video was popular and included a very scandalous joke (that I won't translate, just in case). Here's the whole parody if you're interested to watch it even in Russian :p

Everything is relative, I speak in terms of post-USSR leaders when I say both are 'not terrible'. Poroshenko permitted free and fair elections and a smooth transition of power during wartime. There are leaders in the EU I would not trust to do that in similar circumstances.

Zelensky isn't showing any signs of being corruptible so far, just predictably struggling in a very messy system. And he is a law graduate, so I'll credit him with both a head and a heart that are in the right place. I am sure he said many contentious things in his work as a comic, but it is the job of a comic to be provocative for comedic effect. Now his job and his tone are different.

Lying about the dogs is bad yes but worth pointing out that they were in cargo which was unfit for humans and didn't take up a person's spot.

Be mad about the lying but he didn't per se "prioritse dogs over people"

Lying about the dogs is bad yes but worth pointing out that they were in cargo which was unfit for humans and didn't take up a person's spot.

Be mad about the lying but he didn't per se "prioritse dogs over people"
It's not about taking up a persons spot, it's about the PM prioritising his time to intervene on that. There are 2 options, either the PM and defence secretary are lying or the person who leaked the email was lying. At this stage would you really be willing to bet any money at all on the PM being the honest one here?

Also Rees-Mogg saying he didn't think people lied in public life... The condescending prick really does take everyone else for fools. The way the Tories are trying to trivialise this as "talking about cake" rather than talking about a systematic and continuous series of lies, lack of integrity and breach of public trust is also so condescending and treating people as ******* idiots.

It's not about taking up a persons spot, it's about the PM prioritising his time to intervene on that. There are 2 options, either the PM and defence secretary are lying or the person who leaked the email was lying. At this stage would you really be willing to bet any money at all on the PM being the honest one here?

Also Rees-Mogg saying he didn't think people lied in public life... The condescending prick really does take everyone else for fools. The way the Tories are trying to trivialise this as "talking about cake" rather than talking about a systematic and continuous series of lies, lack of integrity and breach of public trust is also so condescending and treating people as ******* idiots.
"I need a flight home"
"OK"
"can I bring my dogs"
"yes"

He's lied about it but its not the dogs that's the issue here

"I need a flight home"
"OK"
"can I bring my dogs"
"yes"

He's lied about it but its not the dogs that's the issue here
You seem to be either wilfully or otherwise ignoring the part that this was the PMs personal intervention, that he and others are then lying about. So yes, it's 2 things at fault here and no it's not a case of simply saying "can I bring my dogs with me?"

You seem to be either wilfully or otherwise ignoring the part that this was the PMs personal intervention, that he and others are then lying about. So yes, it's 2 things at fault here and no it's not a case of simply saying "can I bring my dogs with me?"
I literally said it's the lying that's the problem ffs.

Just not mad about saving a couple dogs tbh

I literally said it's the lying that's the problem ffs.

Just not mad about saving a couple dogs tbh
Personal intervention

With everything else going on he takes time to go out of his way to specifically instruct a member of another department to try to rescue some dogs. As I said the lying is one part, his sense of priorities is the other.

If Johnson for whatever reason is not removed from power before the next election, would you still put an X next to Conservative? Hell even if he is, would you still do it knowing large chunks of the party are complicit?

Personal intervention

With everything else going on he takes time to go out of his way to specifically instruct a member of another department to try to rescue some dogs. As I said the lying is one part, his sense of priorities is the other.

If Johnson for whatever reason is not removed from power before the next election, would you still put an X next to Conservative? Hell even if he is, would you still do it knowing large chunks of the party are complicit?
Meh, unless its proven to have taken meaningful time / resources then I really can't get mad about saving a couple dogs tbh.

Yes on both counts - unless Labour suddenly adopt Disraelian / Classical Liberal philosophical principles then I don't have much choice do I. Closest I can get. Honestly don't care a huge amount about who is leader in the immediate at GE time - the philosophical principles of the party are more important at the ballot box to me. The party are Very far from being actually Conservative atm but its the closest I can get.

Honestly I wouldn't be unhappy with a period in opposition. Its healthy and allows a return to those principles that I value