• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread pt. 2

I've no idea how realistic it is but the symbolism of Trump being removed by the 25th Amendment would be fantastic.

Worried about how some of his supporters might react though.
It's actually a really fascinating prospect!

There was a point yesterday when I think it was actually not too unlikely - especially interesting was Chris Miller and the generals not speaking to Trump about how to deal with it and instead speaking to Pence, Pelosi and Mitch amongst a couple lther things when it seemed like Trump was being cut out of the chain of command.

The best bit though is that if the 25th hasn't been / isn't going to be triggered and Pence called the national guard (as is being reported), him and anyone who backed it actually committed sedition as he isn't in the national guard.

So if reporting is accurate there are 3 realistic options as to what happened / is happening:

1. They are still planning on triggering the 25th
2. They were about to trigger it but decided not to (they would then be vulnerable to prosecution for a very serious crime)
3. They got caught up in the moment and didn't realise the constitutional crisis they were making / they are hoping trump doesn't know that Pence wasn't allowed to call the national guard

It's actually a really fascinating prospect!

There was a point yesterday when I think it was actually not too unlikely - especially interesting was Chris Miller and the generals not speaking to Trump about how to deal with it and instead speaking to Pence, Pelosi and Mitch amongst a couple lther things when it seemed like Trump was being cut out of the chain of command.

The best bit though is that if the 25th hasn't been / isn't going to be triggered and Pence called the national guard (as is being reported), him and anyone who backed it actually committed sedition as he isn't in the national guard.

So if reporting is accurate there are 3 realistic options as to what happened / is happening:

1. They are still planning on triggering the 25th
2. They were about to trigger it but decided not to (they would then be vulnerable to prosecution for a very serious crime)
3. They got caught up in the moment and didn't realise the constitutional crisis they were making / they are hoping trump doesn't know that Pence wasn't allowed to call the national guard
Its a weird situation but yes there was more than one coup last night and one technically succeeded. Although I imagine if it ever came in a court of law it will simply be argued Pence was upholding his oath to defend the united states constitution whereas Trump had abadoned his. Trump by urging supporters to mrach on the capitol had abadoned his oath and his duties and they were acting in a pragmatic way to save lives when a cabinet could not be quickly convened when rapid intervention was required.

As has been noted several times throughout this people take an oath to the constitution not to the government. If the government abandons the constitution they have the right to protect it.

Certainly would go all the way to the supreme court which is all hypothetical because I can't see an AG prosecuting it.

facebook have decided not to reinstate Trumps account

This all a little too late he should of been banned long before he was the President but I get legitimate issues they had once elected.

Also Trump better pardon himself quickly because I certainly can see Biden's AG going after him, I was doubtful before this they'd bother as a matter of healing but this was the straw that broke the camels back I think.

Especially his now removed tweets.

Ilhan Omar's impeachment docs (co-signed by 12 others) all written and ready to go if they don't invoke the 25th today

Asking where all the cops were yesterday is like asking where Bowie is whilst Ziggy's on stage
(replace with Miley and Hannah for too young to get the reference)

Schumer calling on Pence to invoke the 25th. Will he have the balls to do so?

If not can Congress still impeach Trump after the 20th? And bar him ever from running for public office again?

Schumer calling on Pence to invoke the 25th. Will he have the balls to do so?

If not can Congress still impeach Trump after the 20th? And bar him ever from running for public office again?
Will answer my own question.

It's horn guy! For reference he also went to antifa, blm and environmental rallies this year so I think he just likea going places.

Nut job hahah

It's horn guy! For reference he also went to antifa, blm and environmental rallies this year so I think he just likea going places.

Nut job hahah

he just gets mad FOMO so he hits up every rally

starts with some semi understandable stuff about banks and governments...and down the wormhole to underground bases developing infinite energy...like that would be a bad thing

Hearing that a police officer hurt at the Capitol has died.

There's been four confirmed deaths. One person was shot and killed and there were three people who died from medical emergencies. Trump is to blame for all of them because he incited that mob. o_O January 20th can't get here soon enough.

Last edited:
I hope they impeach him, but I doubt it will happen. And that's unfortunate because Trumpanzee's hate speech fueled that mob attack and he deserves to be held accountable.
Yet Article I Section VII clarifies that removal is not the only punishment impeachment can bring. It reads: "Judgment in Cases of impeachment shall not extend further than to removal from Office, and disqualification to hold and enjoy any Office of honor, Trust or Profit under the United States." This clause shows definitively that the Senate can inflict a penalty that would prevent Trump from holding office again. Under established Senate practice, that vote to disqualify would require only a simple majority vote in the Senate, less than the two-thirds vote required for conviction.

Congress must at least disqualify him now they have majority in both houses.

Latest posts