• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread pt. 2

Remember: Any and all easily foreseeable consequences of Brexit are always someone else's fault. Brexit is fantastic, the best thing in this country's history and, if it doesn't appear that way, it's simply because you don't have enough faith. Praise Brexit hallelujah!

"It's safe because the Rwandan Government, who we are paying lots of money to, said so."
"But what about the evidence of these Congolese refugees being shot in 2018?"
"I'm not familiar with that report because that would involve doing actual research and not just picking a country to dump refugees in as it's politically convenient."

Honestly, all that says is they haven't done enough if any research into Rwanda and completely undermines the whole idea to the point they should scrap it.

My wife made the point that other countries let refugees waiting for asylum work, but the UK doesn't even when it has a labour shortage. Why can't the UK learn from other countries. I told her because this isn't a logical decision based on facts. It's an emotional decision designed to create an enemy for conservative voters and create fear and anger at a particular group. It's how the Tories operate. Lineker was right to compare the language used to Nazi Germany. Only real difference is instead of rounding them up into concentration camps the Tories are trying to ship them to Rwanda to remove the problem.

"It's safe because the Rwandan Government, who we are paying lots of money to, said so."
"But what about the evidence of these Congolese refugees being shot in 2018?"
"I'm not familiar with that report because that would involve doing actual research and not just picking a country to dump refugees in as it's politically convenient."

Honestly, all that says is they haven't done enough if any research into Rwanda and completely undermines the whole idea to the point they should scrap it.

My wife made the point that other countries let refugees waiting for asylum work, but the UK doesn't even when it has a labour shortage. Why can't the UK learn from other countries. I told her because this isn't a logical decision based on facts. It's an emotional decision designed to create an enemy for conservative voters and create fear and anger at a particular group. It's how the Tories operate. Lineker was right to compare the language used to Nazi Germany. Only real difference is instead of rounding them up into concentration camps the Tories are trying to ship them to Rwanda to remove the problem.
Pretty much what this article is saying:

So obvious what she would say.

Of course it's down to bad weather. 🤔

11703813.jpeg

I see grooming gangs are back on the agenda.

This is going to a miserable year in culture war bullshit.

I see grooming gangs are back on the agenda.

This is going to a miserable year in culture war bullshit.

And referring to 'political correctness' that it won't get in the way

Kinda feels to me like the unofficial starter gun has been fired for a general election next year. Labour sacking off Corbyn and the Tories creating fake enemies like boats, gangs, yobs, French immigration. All done with the intention of hoovering up votes.

Kinda feels to me like the unofficial starter gun has been fired for a general election next year. Labour sacking off Corbyn and the Tories creating fake enemies like boats, gangs, yobs, French immigration. All done with the intention of hoovering up votes.
Local election in May also do huge amount to get the narrative in order as well.

Can't give the French a damned good licking if they are the enemy.

This is still the thing I will never figure out. Why do people still accept the view that we could have had our cake and eaten it? The whole negotiation process was about trying to get all the benefits of the EU with none of the drawbacks. It was never possible as it would have lead to the break up of the EU. I get why David Frost says it, but why do people genuinely believe that there was this sunny hinterland that we could have reached if the EU hadn't got in our way?

This is still the thing I will never figure out. Why do people still accept the view that we could have had our cake and eaten it? The whole negotiation process was about trying to get all the benefits of the EU with none of the drawbacks. It was never possible as it would have lead to the break up of the EU. I get why David Frost says it, but why do people genuinely believe that there was this sunny hinterland that we could have reached if the EU hadn't got in our way?
Because people are morons and history has shown that baseless, nationalistic claptrap sells, particularly during rough times. People don't learn from history and get caught out by the same self-serving charlatans every time.

British conservatives are much smarter than American ones. Brexit can't go to jail and it won't die. It can be championed forever. It was always going to be a blunder (although I don't blame people for wanting autonomy, it's just something that wasn't going to work) but it really has hooked people in.

Everytime I start dismaying at BBC News I'm reminded Ros Atkins still works for them.

Latest posts