• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread pt. 2

Should state this is why you should not officially announce the results of counts during the count. Because its horribly complicated.

For me the biggest disappointment is that this is not the repudiation of what Trump stands for. Still, I would take any win for Biden razor thin it may turn out to be.

For me the biggest disappointment is that this is not the repudiation of what Trump stands for. Still, I would take any win for Biden razor thin it may turn out to be.
The 'hope' is 4 years of normality even if it isn't anything exciting will severely curtail it for now. For one the Republicans might be able to find a stalking horse to replace him as the candidate in that time.

I wish they had firmly rejected it its disappointing its not but I think that may have been too much to hope for.

What's the latest news (I don't have a decent source as I'm less than a day in to my learnings on this)? Biden has drifted significantly in the last half hour or so.

Also, has anyone heard the rumours of Trump using Facebook to target Hispanic voters, thanks to their algorithm being slow to pick up fake news in Spanish? A data scientist I follow on Twitter is pretty convinced this is a thing.

What's the latest news (I don't have a decent source as I'm less than a day in to my learnings on this)? Biden has drifted significantly in the last half hour or so.

Also, has anyone heard the rumours of Trump using Facebook to target Hispanic voters, thanks to their algorithm being slow to pick up fake news in Spanish? A data scientist I follow on Twitter is pretty convinced this is a thing.
Targeted electoral ads due to profile has been a thing for some time (and the type of ads you get to) so absolutely thats been going on.

It looks like Biden will probably take Wisconsin but its going to be wafer thin and potential for a recount is being loomed. Nevada has gone back into play (8k votes), Georgia is interesting and they've resumed counting. Michigan narrowing but they might report fully alot earlier than anticpated.

I'm unsure why Arizona is still up for grabs or Nothrth Carolina, and Maine just isn;t being talked about even though Maine-2 could be key.

And Michigan has just turned blue (1k votes in margin).

and with a big chunk of Wayne to go.
Honestly Biden could win this by 21.

Trump will take a massive legal challenge though

What does this do for our bets
suspense GIF

I think this is why we have to hope PA & GA flip (with NV holding) trying to overturn one state could be messy, 3 is a completely different ball game.

US has officially left the Paris Agreement.

Not winning on election night gives Trump a better chance of having the Supreme Court hand him the election.

My bets on PA and NC are not looking too good.

Two classes today with the same professor. Excused absences if we don't feel like logging in.

Edit:
Michigan, Wisconsin, Nevada going blue will give Biden 270. Michigan will have a recount but there is hope.

Last edited:
What does this do for our bets
suspense GIF
Like any bet, it will depend on the settlement terms you agreed to when you placed it. There were significant descrepancies in the prices across exchanges due to this.

If Biden ends on 270 then i'm prob gonna cash out to double my money TBH.
Aye, I got on it at 2.30, so I'll probably cash out if I double my money (it's coming close atm)
For impatience more than anything - I don't think a court case would see the election overturned, but I can't be arsed waiting the weeks/months when Papa Johns has a 50% off offer this weekend

Fox News saying Biden has a 75% chance. Would imagine that's a very good sign.

Biden has won IMO.
Michigan was key and with it they don't need PA and Georgia other than to make a supreme court challenge harder.

Just a thought, in terms of contesting the results... Did Biden play a blinder with his grandstanding to say nothing much?
That goaded Trump to grandstand, during which he inevitably couldn't be diplomatic, and may have compromised his contesting of results by trying to call the election early and accusing fraud whilst votes are still being counted.

Trump meltdown is good.

I'm convinced Biden has the votes to win the presidency, but the GOP is not going to go down easy.

Latest posts