• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread pt. 2

Weird that it's still not being called.
Looks like a 0.7% win, which I think means an automatic recount - which might explain .

ETA:
According to the Arizona Station News Report.

The remaining vote in Arizona is the election day ballot dropoff. Arizona voters can vote by mail/dropbox or they can vote in person, or they can bring their absentee ballot to the polling station and drop it off there. This third group is what is remaining. In previous years, this was a Democratic leaning group, but it's unlikely that it will be this time. However, (to speculate) I would think that it would be more dem leaning than the actual in-person voters. Hard to say if that group is likely to vote Trump +20, but it sounds unlikely to me.

Last edited:
Watching BBC news atm and them saying Wisconsin numbers come from Associated Press, whilst likely to be accurate are not yet official.

And Wisconsin reportedly does not have automatic recount. But yes, less than 1% then either candidate can request recount. And if it stays at Biden by Just 0.7% then Trump will definitely challenge and ask for a recount.

Attachments

• 5E98358C-9ABD-4642-AE93-4E444FBFE1D8.jpeg
    5E98358C-9ABD-4642-AE93-4E444FBFE1D8.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 5
If the evil Trumpanzee should win I'd appreciate any offers of housing and employment that you can provide me in your country. I'll pay you back of course when I get settled in. I work in television production here in America but will gladly take any job I'm offered. Any job in any other country sounds more appealing than living under a Trump regime for four more years. :eek: Hopefully Biden will win and I won't feel the need to move.

1604513143116.png

Last edited:
His outright hypocrisy is one of main reasons I loathe him.

OOF

Apparently before mail in was counted White male was the only demographic trump dropped from 2016.

Think that's definitely goes under wait until they are counted then.

Even if Biden wins, it looks like the Senate will stay Republican. They will simply obstruct and abuse the rules to an even greater degree. Wouldn't be surprised if a Republican senate would just outright refuse to look at any people Biden appointed for any position at all, they will say no to all legislation and will go out of their way to ensure nothing gets done like they did with Obama.

Democrats have really got to stop trying to play by the rules and acting like they are facing reasonable people any more. Republicans have been on the warpath for nearly a decade but Democrats are still trying to play nice. Not sure what it's going to take to convince them to take the gloves off and actually go at the Republicans rather than their feeble whinging from the sidelines.

That is nuts.

CNN also calling Wisconsin for Biden. Hope they are right.

So, as I understand it Biden needs Arizona - called for Biden, but not yet official?, Nevada, count to restart tomorrow and Michigan to get to 270 and then Pennsylvania, Georgia and NC not needed, but any of those 'specially Penn would seal victory.

Last edited:
for a country that supposedly loves democracy so much...there seems to be a lot of people happy to stop it happening

Unfortunately, the only surprise is that it took this long

Apparently NC won't count their postal votes until next Thursday!
Hopefully it's sealed without needing them

Biden making mad gains in Georgia, and apparently the votes left are likely to be leaning towards him (mail in and dem leaning counties) - similar story in Nevada with most votes remaining mail in from Vegas.
Michigan will be declared soon - Trump can't catch up with the amount of votes left. I imagine they're just waiting to have the >1% sealed so they don't have to have the hassle of the republicans demanding a recount (if it's over 1% they have to sue for it rather than just request)

Apparently some small counter protests too trying to make sure all votes are counted. This is where things can escalate quickly if people aren't careful.

Latest posts