• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread pt. 2

White boy defends himself from 3 white men attacking him = America is racist. Lovely logical jump
Gotta love someone who doesn't read posts. I've already pointed out that if he was black he would have been shot before he even made it to the protests. He is treated differently because he was white and the incident happened at a protest linked to black lives matter. However, you stick to your simple view of racism. That'll solve it.

He would have 100% been done for manslaughter under UK/Irish laws even if it was a case he'd punched the lads a few times in defence. There's absolutely no way what he did wasn't an escalation.

Total farce.

White boy defends himself from 3 white men attacking him = America is racist. Lovely logical jump
I mean white boy got driven to place with loaded gun to "defend" it.

I think his defense argument is bull and it absolutely wouldn't fly in UK courts as you can only use in a situation you couldn't anticipate and there is no stand your ground law.

However it doesn't prove America is racist just their laws are complete rubbish written for a time that doesn't exist anymore.

I mean white boy got driven to place with loaded gun to "defend" it.

I think his defense argument is bull and it absolutely wouldn't fly in UK courts as you can only use in a situation you couldn't anticipate and there is no stand your ground law.

However it doesn't prove America is racist just their laws are complete rubbish written for a time that doesn't exist anymore.
I'll accept that for sure.

I disagree on his defence being bull but agree that their laws are dogshit.

Gotta love someone who doesn't read posts. I've already pointed out that if he was black he would have been shot before he even made it to the protests. He is treated differently because he was white and the incident happened at a protest linked to black lives matter. However, you stick to your simple view of racism. That'll solve it.
Gotta love someone who makes up a scenario in their own head and decides the outcome to use as proof of their own assertion?

I mean that's exactly what you've done

I'll accept that for sure.

I disagree on his defence being bull but agree that their laws are dogshit.
Under UK laws loading a gun and deliberately going to a place of known danger is pretty much is considered intent to kill you are legally obliged to not get involved if possible. You'd struggle to get downgraded to manslaughter unless you plead out.

He might of got it downgraded if he could prove he went to the place to protect another person whos life was immediate danger. But reading the facts he'd never get away with that.

So yeah his self defence argument falls apart merely for travelling there with lethal weapon.

But as noted that's not against the law in the US

Gotta love someone who makes up a scenario in their own head and decides the outcome to use as proof of their own assertion?

I mean that's exactly what you've done
Ok so I'm making it up that black people are convicted at higher rates and with longer sentences. I'm making it up that black people are disproportionally killed by police in America. Wow I have an active imagination.

If you honestly believe that he would have been treated the same and the trial would have ended the same way if he was black then you are delusional. People are treated differently in America depending on the colour of their skin, that is a fact, this is another example of how white people are treated differently by the justice system. However, I'm sorry I don't have an example of black teenager, who travelled 16 miles and killed 3 people under dubious self-defence circumstances to give you a proper comparison.

Ionestly it was obvious when the prosecutor brought up call of duty
It was obvious from way before then - remember the judge banned anyone from calling the people he'd killed "victims" but "looters" and "rioters" was fine.
From that moment on, the trial was a farce, with nothing a prosecutor could do to change that.

Ok so I'm making it up that black people are convicted at higher rates and with longer sentences. I'm making it up that black people are disproportionally killed by police in America. Wow I have an active imagination.

If you honestly believe that he would have been treated the same and the trial would have ended the same way if he was black then you are delusional. People are treated differently in America depending on the colour of their skin, that is a fact, this is another example of how white people are treated differently by the justice system. However, I'm sorry I don't have an example of black teenager, who travelled 16 miles and killed 3 people under dubious self-defence circumstances to give you a proper comparison.
Job applications being declined when you have an African American sounding name(s) as well as finding it harder to get approved for lending are another couple. Its another example of history being massively important. I think everyone accepts America was founded on extremely racist foundations it's just some people weirdly think that's all magically disappeared over the last couple of hundred years when in reality all it's done is change and become less overt.

Theresa May must cackling watching this speech back after her infamours one where she lost her voice and the sign fell down behind her.

Latest posts