• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread pt. 2

********!!!
This is simply capitalism at it's finest. Costs go up, charge more. Costs go down, make profit.

Not sure why anyone would be surprised, it happens everywhere. Look at banks, if you owe them they demand it's paid immediately, yet if they owe you it takes months. I've said before, there is no such thing as responsible capitalism or fair capitalism, there is only profit.

Seeing a lot of who cares what they did a year a go. Its sad because I care but would never vote for this government but watching people jump through hoops to justify still supporting them is depressing as ****.

Seeing a lot of who cares what they did a year a go. Its sad because I care but would never vote for this government but watching people jump through hoops to justify still supporting them is depressing as ****.
I honestly don't get that. Are people so stuck in the moment that nothing else matters? Even if you can't change what happened it's indicative of a government that has one set of rules for themselves and one set of rules for everyone else. One of many examples in fact. If they did it then and they have done it repeatedly before, does that not tell you that they will do it again? Why can't people see the bigger picture instead of focusing so narrowly on their own small little bubble not realising that the bigger picture affects them far more than their day to day lives.

I think some people in Britain genuinely get a kick out of being taken for mugs. How many times can someone be presented with evidence they've been lied to and still not have a problem with it?
I find it baffling on all angles to be honest you have people on the left trying to tie some kind failure in the Bexley result to quantity of votes in a by-election compared to a general election. Especially when said by-election was a forgone conclusion.

Should say the only thing its worth looking at is it was clearly bad for the government but that's also expected in by-elections but hadn't been until now. It definitely feels like the teflon is wearing off and more standard results are to be expected.

Also apparently Bexley turn out was 34%.
Yeah it was shocking its not the lowest for a by-election but still at the lower end having a quick look at by-election in 2005-2010 (Blair/Brown at least popular and similarish seat advantage) you need it at roughly 40-50 to change hands but that only happens if its really up for grabs and a 17 point swing is the most to hope for and 20.5% was what was required here.

Basically its an unremarkable result for an incumbent party on by-election in normal times. Compared to Hartlepool it shows the government is possibly normally vulnerable rather than impervious.

Finally got around to watching Blair & Brown: The New Labour Revolution

Its depressing as hell for our current situation despite the mistakes made (Iraq) you look at what was accomplished due to their leadership (Ireland & Global Financial Crisis) that we are now a small petty country who can't show leadership at all. Patel runs around Europe trying to solve migrant issues and all it is, is a joke. We showed zero statesmanship over the global pandemic focusing only on ourselves usually to awful consequences. We simply have zero influence anymore.

Interesting to hear Osbourne basically admit to being complete disingenuous on blaming the government for the financial crisis (not that any other opposition wouldn't of done the same).

The Iraq stuff is interesting but not news to anyone who was alive an interested in politics at the time and didn't really provide any insight.

Latest posts