• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread pt. 2

I

It's beyond a joke. Apparently the Met no longer investigate crimes more than a year ago, are unable to access evidence and need civil servants to decide if a crime has been committed. Another nail in the coffin for democracy in this country, apparently our politicians are now above the law.

Unsurprising they're not looking at a party, given you can barely get them to investigate a burglary.

Another organisation that needs new leadership.
Isn't normal to have an internal inquiry if say the police turn up to investigate a possible breach of the law.

If the police ever come to arrest me I will tell them that they will have to wait for my current investigation

"However, when Northamptonshire Police visited the premises on the date in question they found a wedding celebration was taking place.
One officer counted 27 people in attendance."

Pretty sure the police could have counted how many people were at Downing Street, especially as they sign in.

"One rule for them, one rule for the rest of us." You can just see this being Labour's next election slogan.

Whoever's leaking these really has scheduled them out perfectly
Yeah this is a sustained attack people are asking why media sat on these for 18months.

The reality is twofold, one to be absolutely sure of the allegations you don't bring this kind of stuff to light for **** and giggles. As other pointed out a party in downing street during first lockdown especially at the time would make you think its a conspiracy theory.

The second is to make sure this was sustained breaching and to slowly kill the PM. One allegation could of been blown over the amount and slow drip has given then enough rope and they've completely fell for it.

Yeah this is a sustained attack people are asking why media sat on these for 18months.

The reality is twofold, one to be absolutely sure of the allegations you don't bring this kind of stuff to light for **** and giggles. As other pointed out a party in downing street during first lockdown especially at the time would make you think its a conspiracy theory.

The second is to make sure this was sustained breaching and to slowly kill the PM. One allegation could of been blown over the amount and slow drip has given then enough rope and they've completely fell for it.
I get that to a point but when you have politicians, press and police seemingly turning a blind eye to all this stuff it only adds to the atmosphere of mistrust and conspiracy.

It looks like they have and continue to collude on all of this. If you're a vaccine sceptic then what are you going to take from this? Government tells me to get jabbed? ******** they don't seem bothered about covid. Press saying boosters help? They are just saying what the government are telling them to say, they don't even report when the government breaks the law. Police tells me not to have indoor parties (should there be a need to in future)? well they don't mind the government having them so obviously covid isn't that dangerous.

The whole episode is very damning to our whole society. Had the police gone June 2020 and made some serious inquiries or the press had acted on this then this whole ******* mess would be in the past now and we could have had a new possibly better government for the last 18 months.

That's what makes me think it's Cummings rather than journos, or even opposition politicians, who have known about it for a while and waited - he just wants to twist the knife/cause as much damage as he can, so he waited for the opportune moment

That's what makes me think it's Cummings rather than journos, or even opposition politicians, who have known about it for a while and waited - he just wants to twist the knife/cause as much damage as he can, so he waited for the opportune moment
Wasn't one of the parties a leaving do for someone who now works for the Sun? They press and police knew all about this. The Police guard the place!

Democracy really is broken in this country. The FPTP system is bad enough but it's obvious that the inquiry isn't fully independent and will no doubt conclude that the 'events' were technically within the rules and Boris will get a slap on the wrist for exercising poor judgement. He knows the outcome already. Cameron texting Sunak asking for taxpayers' money. PPE contracts being handed out to neighbours, mates and family. It's not jobs for the boys but jobs for the Eton boys.

It's tragic that the Tories are not picking a leader based on who is most competent and best candidate to be PM but rather based on polling data and who is the best campaigner who will help them retain their seats so they can continue to enjoy their Parliamentary privileges and all the other sweeteners that go along with the job.

People will look at what is going on at No.10 and start to interpret laws and rules to suit them. Very dangerous precedent being set with regard to law and order.

I get that to a point but when you have politicians, press and police seemingly turning a blind eye to all this stuff it only adds to the atmosphere of mistrust and conspiracy.

It looks like they have and continue to collude on all of this. If you're a vaccine sceptic then what are you going to take from this? Government tells me to get jabbed? ******** they don't seem bothered about covid. Press saying boosters help? They are just saying what the government are telling them to say, they don't even report when the government breaks the law. Police tells me not to have indoor parties (should there be a need to in future)? well they don't mind the government having them so obviously covid isn't that dangerous.

The whole episode is very damning to our whole society. Had the police gone June 2020 and made some serious inquiries or the press had acted on this then this whole ******* mess would be in the past now and we could have had a new possibly better government for the last 18 months.
I'm just less inclined to blame the press over this simple because we don't know the extent that they knew and level of evidence.

The police specifically the MET however, I was in London last October and neither of use felt comfortable about the police presence. They have an air of being as corrupt and deceitful as they were in the 70's. The way this saga is going on combined with their complete and continuous tone deaf response to the Sarah Everard case. Cressida Dick needs to removed almost as much as Johnson and someone from a completely different force needs to be bought in.

Latest posts