• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread pt. 2

You've got to wonder if the police investigation will facilitate the delay many Tories have wanted until the May elections after which his fate could be sealed.

"I understand that Cabinet Office is currently in discussion with Met Police about publication of Sue Gray report - when/ how much of it etc. If Scotland Yard gives green light, will be very difficult to hold back from publishing in full."
giphy.gif

Very much sounds like Johnson though the met investigation could tie up the report but once the met told him to **** off so has Sue Gray.

So the Met were waiting for the Grey report and now the Grey report is on hold while the Met investigate.

You couldn't make this **** up

I do wonder what the MET excuse is going to be if they knowingly allowed illegal behaviour to go on right under their noses... They didn't realise that was number 10? They also didn't realise it was a party as a ****** up underling staggers into number 10 with a suitcase making clinking sounds?

the most popular political actors in Ukraine (Zelensky and Poroshenko) are both pretty disgusted with Russian conduct and more aligned to seeking a future closer ties to the EU and NATO. They are also both fairly credible individuals, not terrible at least.
:)
Yes, very credible individuals..a "chocolate king" oligarch Poroshenko,who was running successful business in Russia "during the war" (and still have another one as far as I know) and comic Zelensky, a puppet of oligarch Kolomoisky (although he tries to pretend he's more independent now). There are also other fairytale personages (like my favourite Yulia Tymoshenko) there. Just a usual fight between oligarchic groups, that we had in Russia in 90s as well,during our so called president Boris "The Glass" Yeltsin (now we have just one tsar and his oligarchic "vassals" instead) and they're all the same, not better than the tsar, imo, just not that powerful yet.
I really loved Zelensky as a comic though, he was super talented (better than he's as a president).
It's a pity you don't speak Russian, there's a brilliant parody made on Poroshenko by Zelensky when he was a comic, in 2016 (but it's only in Russian unfortunately), and that parody explains everything what's going on in Ukraine/was going on last 15-20 years, including its' desire of "closer ties" with the EU, they were talking also about Yanukovich,other politics and Russia in it (if I remember well), all is brilliant but I'm too tired and lazy to translate it all except this short passage as an example:

So, what today's Ukraine is and why it's profitable to throw, sorry,to invest your money in it. We have an absolutely new level of economy, this level is called "begging". It's very simple: we are just begging neighbor countries for their market economies surpluses. The scheme is AMAZING, tested by the Gypsies. We just applied it in the frame of geopolitics and without guitars. It's not a financial pyramid though, I'll explain. You give us your money. And we don't give your money back. 100% guaranteed.
Zelensky was pretty brave that time, I think, the video was popular and included a very scandalous joke (that I won't translate, just in case). Here's the whole parody if you're interested to watch it even in Russian :p

Sorry to be UK centrist on this one, the Mail (booo) today is suggesting the UK is loosing all perspective with the Ukraine crisis in terms of partygate. And they do have some point the crisis is clearly far more important than whether prime minister routinely broke lockdown laws. My issue is its precisely that reason he has to go the public don't trust him (73% disapprove), the majority want him to resign (62%) and less than half of his voters say he should stay (49% stay, 38% resign, 12 DK) according to yougov. How can we have a leader before we even potentially commit armed forces that universally hated making those kind of decisions? How do the armed forces feel taking orders from a guy who took the **** whilst their friends and family suffered through lockdowns who may have done so themselves?

Framing this as an oppertunity to save Johnson because we can't possibly change leader at a time like this (thank you Neville Chamberlain for leading us through WW2) just gets my goat, its because its a time like this we have to remove him as leader.

Sue Gray report due soonish (possibly today, maybe tomorrow) supposedly she had seen multiple smoking guns which were passed on to the police.

Reminds me of Robin Williams' suggestion that politicians should, by law, have to wear the logos of the company that pay them to lobby on their behalf like they're NASCAR sponsors.

Last edited:
It really sounds like they are gearing up for the "he only broke the law in a small way" defence, and lets be clear if it was a minor breaking of he rules like being ambushed by cake supposedly was although it still feels egregious considering it was 30 people during first lockdown and included non work colleagues.....

But the police are investigating 8 separate events! Some of which are far worse especially if any of the supposed flat parties are true.

Like one transgression would be fine and probably left but this is sustained and cultural behaviour thats occured.

Latest posts