• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread pt. 2

Meh, unless its proven to have taken meaningful time / resources then I really can't get mad about saving a couple dogs tbh.

Yes on both counts - unless Labour suddenly adopt Disraelian / Classical Liberal philosophical principles then I don't have much choice do I. Closest I can get. Honestly don't care a huge amount about who is leader in the immediate at GE time - the philosophical principles of the party are more important at the ballot box to me. The party are Very far from being actually Conservative atm but its the closest I can get.

Honestly I wouldn't be unhappy with a period in opposition. Its healthy and allows a return to those principles that I value
Surely a principal that is supposed to be part of conservatism is personal responsibility? Other choices include not voting, spoiling your ballot or going for one of the ukip spinoffs.

This is why this country needs another right wing party. Conservatives can be absolute shits sinking politics in this country to record lows and will still get a ton of votes for simply being not left and literally nothing else.

Surely a principal that is supposed to be part of conservatism is personal responsibility? Other choices include not voting, spoiling your ballot or going for one of the ukip spinoffs.

This is why this country needs another right wing party. Conservatives can be absolute shits sinking politics in this country to record lows and will still get a ton of votes for simply being not left and literally nothing else.
Yes it really does need another party. Anything to be a kick up the arse

Lying about the dogs is bad yes but worth pointing out that they were in cargo which was unfit for humans and didn't take up a person's spot.

Be mad about the lying but he didn't per se "prioritse dogs over people"
True but he also did, there are only a finite amount of resources in a situation like this. Even if they didn't couldn't fit in the plane people and money still had to organise, prepare and ship the dogs. That's resources that could of been spent elsewhere.

But ultimately its about the fact he can't stop lying even if their is palatable excuse or not reason to lie at all.

Absolutely insane decision to try to drive down unemployment figures.

It can take far longer than a month to find a suitable professional job when you're a highly skilled worker and nobody will hire you because they know you will leave the instant your skilled work comes along. So lets remove support for those people!

Yeah four weeks is dogshit considering it can take a couple to hear back, a couple more to arrange interviews etc. - by that point you're legally obliged to apply to the local Tesco distribution centre, who will hire on the spot, and will lose your benefits if you turn them down

Yeah four weeks is dogshit considering it can take a couple to hear back, a couple more to arrange interviews etc. - by that point you're legally obliged to apply to the local Tesco distribution centre, who will hire on the spot, and will lose your benefits if you turn them down
9 years ago I was out of work for 5+ months, some wasn't on benefits then it took 2 months to get hired after I signed on then another 2-3 before I could start because I had to get clearance (after I had the job I just had to turn up to the job center to confirm I'd be starting work, I can't remember when it actually ran out).

Last year I did some job seraching it all took longer than a month and I wasn't hired. I did get internally hired into the same team I already worked for but that took nearly 2 months to sort out from me applying the day the job came out, to interviews, then offered the job in principal then it took over a month to get paperwork done because there was problems with amount of pay they were offering.

Nobody gets hired in a month.

Good News

No mention if Britain leading the way like Johnson suggested in PMQs

Now if they kindly refrain from bombing the **** out of our fishing waters that'd be great.

Russia flexing their muscles because they feel threatened is becoming incredibly tiresome. It's very clear that the rest of the world is happy to leave them alone once they're not warmongering or totally killing the environment. Not a huge ******* ask.

9 years ago I was out of work for 5+ months, some wasn't on benefits then it took 2 months to get hired after I signed on then another 2-3 before I could start because I had to get clearance (after I had the job I just had to turn up to the job center to confirm I'd be starting work, I can't remember when it actually ran out).

Last year I did some job seraching it all took longer than a month and I wasn't hired. I did get internally hired into the same team I already worked for but that took nearly 2 months to sort out from me applying the day the job came out, to interviews, then offered the job in principal then it took over a month to get paperwork done because there was problems with amount of pay they were offering.

Nobody gets hired in a month.
I was fortunate in that I had 2 offers as a civil engineer after being made redundant at the end of the furlough period but I was prepared to move a long way to get it. The only offer I got locally was taking the ****. It's ridiculous to make such demands as it's a highly inefficient use of people's resources to force overly qualified people into crappy jobs, and I say that as someone who was working as a KP in a pub whilst holding a masters degree in engineering...

I can understand when you have people with no skills who are work shy and try to sponge the system but it's the typical position of portraying the few who do that as a massive problem and then harming everyone else in retaliation, especially when you look at how easily they gave up hunting down the Covid fraud. I'd say 3 months is a reasonable amount of time and if you haven't had anything after that 3 months, you should be able to meet someone and explain your skills, what you are looking for and why you haven't found anything. I remember reading a study somewhere where they did the opposite and gave people more money and more leeway when job searching. The result? Same levels of employment but more people suitably employed in work that was a better match for their skillset.

I think it's like with drugs and prison policy, a certain segment care more about seeing perceived wrong-doers punished and don't give a damn about the collateral damage or how ineffective it is rather than doing what gives the best results.

Last edited:
Met delaying the report now. Hopefully next week but the Met will take out stuff first most likely
Is there a quote on that?

All I've read is HR/Met with no real clear indication of where the real bottle knock is other than Sue Grey want it out and able to be published in full.

Worrying (for Johnson) if Met is the problem as you can't prejudice what would be a simple fine. It means they are looking into far higher offences.

Is there a quote on that?

All I've read is HR/Met with no real clear indication of where the real bottle knock is other than Sue Grey want it out and able to be published in full.

Worrying (for Johnson) if Met is the problem as you can't prejudice what would be a simple fine. It means they are looking into far higher offences.
Tom Harwood.

Ik most people on here won't like his political leanings but he's normally pretty reliable on the scoop

Tom Harwood.

Ik most people on here won't like his political leanings but he's normally pretty reliable
Harwood is an enigma on one hand he appears to be a serious journalist on the other he does come up with some tripe and won't go work for a real outlet.

Kunnesberg also reporting it, sorry to doubt just been out for a run and hadn't caught up on twitter which is mainly and fairly Barry Cryer currently.

Harwood is an enigma on one hand he appears to be a serious journalist on the other he does come up with some tripe and won't go work for a real outlet.

Kunnesberg also reporting it, sorry to doubt just been out for a run and hadn't caught up on twitter which is mainly and fairly Barry Cryer currently.
Yeah he's an odd one. He's obviously got very good sources and is a good journo but also v opinionated on certain issues which is why he gravitates to outlets that don't have an issue with that

Latest posts