• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread pt. 2

Some have a different opinion about Azerbaijan point though, Russia was pro-Azerbaijan as well (or more against some Armenian officials), plus deployed its' peacekeeping force in Nagorno-Karabakh.
Nagorno-Karabakh and the whole Armenian-Azerbaijani conflict is a huuuuge mess and I won't judge who's wrong/right there though

Yes, Erdogan has big ambitions as well, especially in creating a "Turkic world" where it will cross zones of Russian (and other countries) interests and even includes some Russian regions :D , (includes also Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan etc)

I try to avoid posting articles in Russian (both oppositional and official) but sometimes it's difficult for me to find some things in English.
Yes, the suggestion is Armenia was choosing not to be so aligned to Russia, so didnt get military aid and therefore lost. So not a loss for Russia, but I think a win for Erdogan.

Who approved that? It's mad

Ahh, but wait - how many people would have went with her, between security and civil servants?

BA LHR to SYD business class with flexi ticket is around £5000!

I've absolutely no idea of the typical size of a delegation sent out, but I assume it'd be measured in the dozens?

The headline price of sending out a delegation to Australia will always look expensive - 'cos it damn well is expensive!

[and you know I'm not one to defend Tories or mindless govt spending]

Yeah tbh I think this is just a bit of headline bait. It's a lot of money but security (personal and digital) of all the staff, as well as all the flexibility needed by a delegation means the cost will rack up.

Ahh, but wait - how many people would have went with her, between security and civil servants?

BA LHR to SYD business class with flexi ticket is around £5000!

I've absolutely no idea of the typical size of a delegation sent out, but I assume it'd be measured in the dozens?

The headline price of sending out a delegation to Australia will always look expensive - 'cos it damn well is expensive!

[and you know I'm not one to defend Tories or mindless govt spending]
I don't think 100 people went with her. The article says it was 14 and the main reason was security. What was the security concern? That they might be overheard by other passengers...

Not sure that's enough of a justification to take a private jet instead.

I don't think 100 people went with her. The article says it was 14 and the main reason was security. What was the security concern? That they might be overheard by other passengers...

Not sure that's enough of a justification to take a private jet instead.

Is that all?? Jeez there was me thinking 30 would be absurdly low.
£75k vs. £500k?
Even if you needed more security personnel due to being on commercial air, you'd not need 80 odd bodies.

If they could point to work they did using secure comms or something that wouldn't be available on a BA 777, then thats a different matter - but yeah as you say hard to justify for 14 people.

Point being made ON BBC QT that the 500k figure was what another air line said it would cost, not what it did cost for a long term agreement for the leasing of the plane.

So it's gone from release immediate to don't mention most aggregious incidents were investigating.

How many times will the Met prove it's completely not fit for purpose?

So it's gone from release immediate to don't mention most aggregious incidents were investigating.

It's almost becoming an arse covering exercise for the Met who probably know that they themselves had some pretty significant failings as the police at Downing St turned a blind eye to what was going on. Either that or Downing St has Cressida Dick in their back pocket and they are trying to make it seem like it's the Met (and not Downing St) who don't want the report to be published in full. The whole thing just stinks.

It's almost like the Met don't want it being made public knowledge that while Boris and Co were boozing it up they were actually guarding his house so knew all about it!

272743258_1285989208575884_8529071534375991749_n.jpg

Just a **** up on so many levels, so many questions need to be asked by the Met alone,

Why did they not fine them during the initial breeches?
Why did they refuse to investigate them when over a month a go when news first broke?
Why after announcing the investigation did they day the report could be release?
Why has it taken 3 days to say thats not the case?

I'm not a defund the police kind of guy but heads have to roll in the Met. This is the second time in the past they've severely undermined public trust (the first was far more egregious).

The thing that is extremely odd is that the Met announced they were launching their own investigation very late in the day after it was announced that birthday cake was served and BoJo was in the room for ten minutes which is probably one of the more minor offences. It's also odd that they initially claimed that they had no objection to the full Sue Gray report being published this week and now all of a sudden have changed their tune. Like I said earlier, the whole thing stinks.

The thing that is extremely odd is that the Met announced they were launching their own investigation very late in the day after it was announced that birthday cake was served and BoJo was in the room for ten minutes which is probably one of the more minor offences. It's also odd that they initially claimed that they had no objection to the full Sue Gray report being published this week and now all of a sudden have changed their tune. Like I said earlier, the whole thing stinks.
It completely stinks. If they were going to do it then they should have done it from the start, not literally on the eve the report is to be published.

It does read from twitter the press are quickly moving onto "what is the legal justification for this?". My very limited legal understanding is it would have to be a crown court level offence to justify this. And if it was they'd have ******* known on Tuesday.

Let's not forget that the former Scottish Chief Medical Officer had to resign because she drove to her second home during lockdown. No contact with people from other households, no parties, no birthday cake.

The sheer arrogance of BoJo and the likes of Rees-Mogg who think they can just ride it out via lying, bullying, blackmail and using loopholes thinking it will eventually be replaced with other news and that people will eventually forgive and forget. Their response to any question about Partygate is that the booster campaign has been a success. The country is being run by a bunch of criminals.

Last edited:
So only possibility it sounds like is potential perverting the course of justice

It might point out that the Met man the doors of #10, and everyone who goes in or out has to sign in with them.
Making them complicit.
Plus bag searches, I imagine

"There's an awful lot of bottles of wine, vodka and tequila in this carry all...?"
"....work meeting?"
"Carry on then"

Latest posts