• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread pt. 2

Yeah, Brown got a rough deal of it
Last adult we've had in charge and based on the state of current politics: the last one we'll have for a while yet
I'm old enough to have been able to remember growing up absolutely hating the Major's, Portillo's, Hesseltine's, Hague's and many other Tories that I thought were despicable human beings but it's a absolutely, genuinely in-*******-sane indictment of todays Tories that I look back at those guys (not just your Browns) and think, ****, these guys are actually pretty good. Mad.

The worst cost of living crisis in decades and Truss decides to bat for those making massive profits...
I just don't understand how she's so 'popular' with the Tory Members, like we know the super rich guys and the papers but the members makes no sense. Members are usually politically engaged and surely they know this a terrible strategy in terms of electoral polling so why vote for her?

Corbyn/Johnson you understood why the party faithful backed them so much. Truss just doesn't make any sense.

I swear the top 1% absolutely love it when there's a recession which means they've been like a pig in **** since 2008. The more chaotic the markets the more opportunity for those with a shed load of wealth to make even more. Such is the way, sadly.

I just don't understand how she's so 'popular' with the Tory Members, like we know the super rich guys and the papers but the members makes no sense. Members are usually politically engaged and surely they know this a terrible strategy in terms of electoral polling so why vote for her?

Corbyn/Johnson you understood why the party faithful backed them so much. Truss just doesn't make any sense.

I mean Truss in their mind is the lesser of two evils.
Sunak is only disliked by Tories because he went against Johnsonon the whole.

Also got to look at the right parties in general they are all going this way.
IDK Truss is or should kill off another Tory government for 3+ terms IMO

I mean Truss in their mind is the lesser of two evils.
Sunak is only disliked by Tories because he went against Johnsonon the whole.

Also got to look at the right parties in general they are all going this way.
IDK Truss is or should kill off another Tory government for 3+ terms IMO
Yeah but that's the average Tory Voter not the average Tory Member. Surely the members who are politically engaged saw around Christmas how she was manoeuvring herself for a leadership bid and was just as conspicuously absent whenever Johnson was in hot water. Like if you think she was loyal you clearly weren't paying attention.

Latest posts