• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread pt. 2

I'm confused, if he's not the beneficiary of the off-shore company why is he paying unpaid tax and a fin
Because as he said " it was the right thing to do."🤔. I have read that article and it all sounds like smoke and mirrors to me. Basically he Co founded Yougov, and would have subscribed to shares in the company at nominal value. His father was entitled also be entitled to shares for helping him set up the company. At some point he disposed of these shares in the last 4 years to this Gibraltar registered company, for a considerable profit which would have triggered a disposal for CGT. But HMRC are quibbling about the exact shares his father was entitled to, which may have been his or his father's. So didn't declare the gain on his shares properly And hence the tax was wrong and underpaid. That's the gist i think.

The Gibraltar company now own the shares, but the ultimate beneficiaries may be his children or grandchildren, not him. Hence why he can say he is not beneficiary of the offshore company. But sure as heck someone on his family is benefitting from the shares.

Because as he said " it was the right thing to do."🤔. I have read that article and it all sounds like smoke and mirrors to me. Basically he Co founded Yougov, and would have subscribed to shares in the company at nominal value. His father was entitled also be entitled to shares for helping him set up the company. At some point he disposed of these shares in the last 4 years to this Gibraltar registered company, for a considerable profit which would have triggered a disposal for CGT. But HMRC are quibbling about the exact shares his father was entitled to, which may have been his or his father's. So didn't declare the gain on his shares properly And hence the tax was wrong and underpaid. That's the gist i think.

The Gibraltar company now own the shares, but the ultimate beneficiaries may be his children or grandchildren, not him. Hence why he can say he is not beneficiary of the offshore company. But sure as heck someone on his family is benefitting from the shares.
So the usual, how do the rich stay rich, tax avoidance. Why isn't it illegal? Because the ones in power are the ones who benefit.

Ok so he did it, he's no different from pretty much every other wealthy person. What I still don't get and never will are the poor people who think that people like Sunak, Zahawi, Johnson, Trump etc... actually have their best interests at heart and are the ones that will give them what they need.

So the usual, how do the rich stay rich, tax avoidance. Why isn't it illegal? Because the ones in power are the ones who benefit.

Remember what happened when the EU tried to close a couple of loopholes?

We've not hit the bottom yet, let alone started recovering

Why are people's view of this?

For context it appears that police officers (?) in Sweden protected a right-wing individual who set fire to a copy of the Qur'an outside the Turkish Embassy

For context it appears that police officers (?) in Sweden protected a right-wing individual who set fire to a copy of the Qur'an outside the Turkish Embassy

What business is it of theirs? I'm sure they're gutted it didn't happen in SA so that they could torture and execute him but it wasn't in their country.

If it's true this guy is who you said he is then he sounds like a **** but if he's in keeping with whatever free speech laws are in Sweden then all good, Saudi Arabia can **** off.

There are more important things to worry about in the world than some right wing nutter burning some paper,

I have no time for religion in general though, so my opinion may vary from many others
Never understood people getting up in arms about burning flags or any of that **** either

I typed something long up but I'd rather say this. **** SA's government. They are dicks. This guy's a dick. Sweden has a different way of doing things and SA should respect that. I'm sure the prosecutors will look into see if it violates Sweden's hate speech laws. Either way the world keeps turning and SA is just real life hollywood hillbillies.

There have obviously been political disagreements between Turkey and Sweden with the former trying to veto Sweden's attempt to join NATO. Saudi Arabia are clearly stirring the pot and like Welsh Exile says they can **** off.

BBC News - Probe urged over claims BBC chair helped Johnson secure loan

Can't even get through one week without a new scandal. They are corrupt to the core

Stupid twat doesn't realise what a self-own that is, or alternatively knows how little critical thinking skills many of the remaining Brexit mob have and will ignore WHY so many Europeans are leaving again... It must be anything and everything except Brexit, cannot criticise the holy ******* Brexit.

Last edited:

SA being SA. They are also trying to get Turkey onside after that infamous killing they carried out at their Turkish embassy.

Turkey is a big player in Asia minor and SA wants them as an ally against Iran.

Daily Fail readership:
Ambulance strike - Lazy, selfish, don't care what damage they cause, don't want to work, overpaid
Nurse strike - Lazy, selfish, don't care what damage they cause, don't want to work, overpaid
Train driver strike - Lazy, selfish, don't care what damage they cause, don't want to work, overpaid
Barrister strike - Lazy, selfish, don't care what damage they cause, don't want to work, overpaid
Teacher strike - Lazy, selfish, don't care what damage they cause, don't want to work, overpaid

Tory politicians - Nah, they're good. Definitely none of the above or corrupt or anything. Cannot possibly be at fault for anything that is happening. Probably Harry and Megans fault anyway.

I cannot understand the mental gymnastics people perform to convince themselves that politicians and wealthy business owners are likely to be kind, trustworthy and generous whilst the likes of nurses, scientists, teachers etc are the ones who are selfish and just want to chase money and influence...

Tories blocked a bill to extend free school meals to all primary school students. The week before the blocked a motion to end private schools tax breaks worth millions. It seems rashford didn't shame them enough during COVID to actually enact any change. Still refusing to spend money on ensuring all children get meals whilst ensuring their buddies at private schools get tax breaks.

Remind me again, how are these people deemed to be anything other than absolute shits?

39 mass shootings in 24 days (and counting - the chances are that will have increased by the end of today).
1214 dead by gunshot (excl suicide) in 24 days.

"There's nothing can be done" says the only country in the world with this problem.

Have I got this right?

You ARE allowed to openly carry a gun
You ARE NOT allowed to openly carry a can of beer?

You ARE allowed to choose where to take your gun
You ARE NOT allowed to choose where you cross the street?

Last edited:
lot of family just outside Half Moon Bay. Cousins went to high school there. It's an odd area. A farmhand committing a shooting sounds like something out of the 1920s.

Hard to care anymore. There are many people and places (Ukraine for instance) that deserve sympathy and help but Americas fetish for guns and mass shootings is just abnormal and they don't want to solve it so why should we care?

let's play "add to this list!"

In many states you are allowed to shoot and kill someone even if you don't have reasonable grounds to think they mean you harm under both the "Castle" doctrine and the "Stand your ground" doctrine.

In many states even if your medical team is almost 100% certain that you will die unless you have an abortion, you will not receive that abortion because they may lose their jobs, their license, and go to prison if they provide it.

All this pension talk in the news. Can see the pension age going to 70 by the end of this decade
I've said my entire working life its going up too slowly. I've never entertained retiring at 68.

Latest posts