• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread pt. 2

has it always been that long? google said 2025 but december 19 to early 2025 would still not be exactly a lot more than 5 years, i was just surprised, in NZ theyre 3 years which is really too short to get things done IMO

has it always been that long? google said 2025 but december 19 to early 2025 would still not be exactly a lot more than 5 years, i was just surprised, in NZ theyre 3 years which is really too short to get things done IMO

If you google "Fixed Term Parliament act" you will get a better explanation than I can offer. I think the aim of this act was to formalise things more as it was pretty loose before this act came along.

The Government can also call a 'snap election' at any time if they think they are in a strong position and want to lock in a new parliamentary term. Boris did this in December 2019 in order to break the Brexit deadlock in Parliament. I'm not a fan of this but sometimes it may be useful if the Govt is weak and can't pass legislation.

Last edited:
The Fixed Term Parliament Act 2011 was repealed we are under the rules of the Dissolution and Calling of Parliament Act 2022

The actual date it must happen is 25 Jan 2025. Reality is it will occur probably around May 2024. Nobody want to be campaigning in winter months if it can avoided.

No explanation for why Ukranian lines in Donetsk that held for about 10 months have started yielding.
Better to yield dead ground and remain a coherent force than throw (trained, experienced) bodies away for nothing especially valuable now - when those bodies would be vital in making and exploiting any breakthroughs when the ground hardens.

Better to yield dead ground and remain a coherent force than throw (trained, experienced) bodies away for nothing especially valuable now - when those bodies would be vital in making and exploiting any breakthroughs when the ground hardens.
If only that was true...The battles around Bakhmut have been as much of an attrition for Ukrainian forces as they have been for the Russians who have just rotated the Wagnar group out and put their fresh airborne forces in. Like I said above, the whole Donesk front is on the point of collapse and I am fearing the worst.

Assuming this is true, it just shows how unhinged Putin is. I don't believe for one moment it was a proper threat but the fact he so casually throws around threats of extreme violence shows what a dangerous and unhinged dictator he is.

Only thing I'm disappointed about is that he didn't go ahead and do it - getting rid of the useless sh!te so the rest of us would never have to deal with him again.

If only that was true...The battles around Bakhmut have been as much of an attrition for Ukrainian forces as they have been for the Russians who have just rotated the Wagnar group out and put their fresh airborne forces in. Like I said above, the whole Donesk front is on the point of collapse and I am fearing the worst.
Ah, okedokey. I'll doff my (non-existent) cap* to you on this!

*would a beanie hat suffice?

Sunak Plans to Strengthen Anti-Protest Laws With Police Powers
UK Prime Minister Rishi Sunak plans to strengthen anti-protest legislation, giving police additional powers to clamp down on demonstrations even before they've caused any disruption.
The government on Monday will propose an amendment to its own Public Order Bill — currently working its way through the House of Lords — to broaden the definition of what constitutes "serious disruption," according to a statement from Sunak's office.
ARTICLE CONTINUES

So you can no longer make too much noise in Parliament square, you cannot protest and you may be barred from striking...

What next?

So you can no longer make too much noise in Parliament square, you cannot protest and you may be barred from striking...

What next?
You accept the right of our wealthy overlords to make what ever decisions they see fit to continue enriching themselves by exploiting the plebs.

What next?
Parental leave and sick pay are next.
Oh, and health & safety at work - and anything else that the EU forced us to vote for...

Paid leave as a whole is also in their sights, but I think that's further down the line

It's not my fault it's all those others that doubled your mortgage payments
It's staggering her level of delusion and arrogance. Even now she still thinks she was right. Most of the Tories I think are just immoral liars, I think she is a full blown utterly deluded nutjob.

Latest posts