• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's crazy when you think about it
In 2015 ukip got 4m votes, one MP
Cameron formed a government with 13m votes

UKIP are far more reasonably represented in the EU than in the British parliament.
If they actually cared about democracy they'd be fighting the UK voting systems

The ultimate irony isn't it that the EU enabled Farage to become an MEP when he was completely unable to become an MP

Absolutely bananas I don't think we'll see a vote like this in our lifetime. Governments own proposal gets amended and even then being a stricter version of what they want they 3 line whip against it. Then as a final action they lose.

Happy with the result, I'd reluctantly accept the May Deal but no deal would cause huge harm.

Absolutely bananas I don't think we'll see a vote like this in our lifetime. Governments own proposal gets amended and even then being a stricter version of what they want they 3 line whip against it. Then as a final action they lose.
Cabinet ministers defying the whip and abstaining from voting

Just delicious

And now Bercow saying he's thinking of (and can) putting a stop to May bringing the same deal (with different font size) back to the house as it is ignoring the will of the house.

And now Bercow saying he's thinking of (and can) putting a stop to May bringing the same deal (with different font size) back to the house as it is ignoring the will of the house.

The irony of her denying the people a second vote while it's acceptable for her to have three or four. Hypocrisy of the highest order.

I disagree about no deal. Take away no deal and you lose what little negotiating power we already had. the eu have been laughing at us for 3 years. theyve done nothing just let us fight amongst ourselves. The EU used the northern ireland peace process to screw brexit. Everyone is blaming may, its nothing to do with her. Its the EU who will not give us a binding legal agreement that frees us from the backstop. As for demanding a general election? what will that solve atm? another leadership contest, another year of campaigning, amidst endless brexit negotiating, at the end of all that no doubt there will be demands for another referendum ...years and years more of paralysis ?

Back in the real world, the EU have passed laws and regs just arrived here. That means every sme must register on the biggest databases ever simply to tender for work. It takes most sme's a year to even get all the information downloaded. In many cases it will wipe out small sme's who simply cannot cope. This in turn will hand evermore business to massive corporations who can afford the managers to deal with this nonsense. One consequence of this pro corporation websites is that all contracts across the UK transporting disabled children will be terminated and everyone will have to start again. No doubt global tax dodging behemoths like uber will clean up just as theyve done in london. They dont pay license fees to councils like everyone else, they dont have their vehicles checked by councils like everyone else, no one can inspect them from councils, their drivers are not crb checked like everyone else, they dont do the knowledge like everyone else, they dont have meters like everyone else, theyre not even insured as taxis lol Its a joke. Oh and guess who allowed them in? The EU commission, a lady called nellie krus. A few months after she allowed uber into London. She left the european union and joined the board of Uber. Classy. Meanwhile an estimated 100,000 cabbies were laid off. This is just 1 tiny example , speak to most people in the transport sector about how the EU affects his businesses.

Uber is excellent,
I've barely used a traditional taxi in years, and when I have it's just made me love uber even more

George Osbourne and David Cameron heavilly lobied Boris to give Uber the license to run in London.

But sure no sovereignty and the wicked EU made us do it.

Also the EU can't give us a legally binding agreement because any legally binding agreement not to keep us in the backstop breaks the Good Friday Agreement thus a working alternative must in place before we can exit it. And rightly do they see the Good Friday Agreement as more important than our leaving the EU desires.

I do find it funny people whinging the EU has played hard ball and not made this easy. THAT WAS ALWAYS GOING TO BE THE CASE. FFS they dont want anyone to leave the EU with a good deal it.litreally make no sense for them to agree to one. They are not on our side in these negotiations. But bloody idiots wanted us to belive they needed us more than we need them was mantra used...

Unfortunate only one hot and tasty amendments for tonight.

Amendment (h) – Cross-party Remainers

This amendment requests an extension of Article 50 in order to have another referendum.

Amendment (i) – Benn/Cooper

This amendment, which has lots of cross party support, would allow MPs to take control of parliamentary business next Wednesday (20 March).

They would use the time to debate a Brexit motion that could lead to Parliament holding a series of indicative votes on different Brexit options, possibly the following week.

He adds that there has been a 'manuscript' amendment tabled to this, which will be published shortly.

Amendment (e) – Labour frontbench

This amendment rejects the PM's deal and the idea of leaving without a deal.

It also calls for an extension to Brexit talks to "provide parliamentary time for this House to find a majority for a different approach".

Amendment (j) – Bryant/Brake

This amendment orders the government not to put its Brexit deal to another vote, citing parliamentary rules.

(h) doesn't have Labour frontbench support.
(j) Is just asserts the rules
(e) Means bugger all.
(i) Is the tasty one that could pass.

she wants a 3rd vote 149 is a long gap to close in a week? some will turn as they will think its her deal or another year delay with no deal...my guess is the gap will narrow to less than 100.....but still lose....which then means its all delayed for who knows how long/maybe forever?

she wants a 3rd vote 149 is a long gap to close in a week? some will turn as they will think its her deal or another year delay with no deal...my guess is the gap will narrow to less than 100.....but still lose....which then means its all delayed for who knows how long/maybe forever?

I'm happy with forever, let's go with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts